Dear DeDe

A Visit with Dear DeDe!

Oh Dog! It’s Sunday, so that means it’s time for another visit with Dear DeDe.  Hey, that’s ME!!!

Today my theme is THREE.  I have three comments to make with some short follow-up to each.

1) Regarding Blogspot:  We’ve had problems posting comments to Blogspot blogs. We get the message that we’ve typed in the wrong Captcha! letters, but that is NOT true.  Anybody got any idea what the problem is?

2) Regarding my fans: We appreciate ALL our fans, but ESPECIALLY our fellow bloggers.  We love to return the favor of supporting your blog, but, to be honest, some of you are hard to find!  Please do your friends a favor and update your GRAVATAR.  Make your blog one of the verified services so we can get right to you!

And last, but by no means least:

3) Regarding our poetry: It’s been awhile, and Rumpy is past due for another poetry challenge, so let’s get to it!  Your mission is to write a Haiku about snow.  Sorry for you guys that are in summer or who never get snow, but maybe you can write of your dreams for some snow.

If you need some info on what is a haiku, you can find it here.  We’re amateurs and write in the Traditional 5-7-5 form.

We don’t judge, so please don’t hesitate to join in the fun!  We’ll have this challenge next Sunday- it’ll be a joint effort between me and the Rumpster.

See ya next week everybody!

About these ads

63 thoughts on “A Visit with Dear DeDe!

1. Hi DeDe! *waves paw* How’re you? You fell okay? I really hope so. :)
    Wow! Another Haiku Challenge! We’ve just talked about it that Rumpy hasn’t done “Haiku Challenge” for a while, so I’m very excited we’ll have it next Sunday! Of course, I have NO talent to write a Haiku or poetries, but I always enjoy to come up with and post it, then to read the other furpals ones!!! Fortunately it snowed a little bit last week here, so I’m getting ready to think of my Haiku! Woo wooo wooooo~ :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | January 22, 2012, 1:16 AM
  2. We have a little bit of snow here too…but we have never even heard of haiku! We will try to think up something! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | January 22, 2012, 2:32 AM
  3. Hmmmm! I saw Rumpy’s comment on CATachresis. Blogger is being a pain especially for those who use it for their blogs. I disabled captcha letters as I realised it hindered some people commenting. Another thing is how the comments are formatted. If they are embedded below the post that also can be problematical for some reason. Best thing is to check the pop up window option and not have captcha. However, that can mean more spam gets through, but to be honest Blogger usually recognises spam quite quickly! Am not sure though, why using Open ID doesn’t work??

Will get to work on Haiku :)

Posted by Carolyn | January 22, 2012, 3:20 AM
    • The problem is that some blogs only allow a google account or Open ID, and when I try to use my open ID the captcha box doesn’t appear. I’m glad you disabled yours.

Looking forward to your haiku!

Posted by rumpydog | January 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
      • Hi, DeDe and Rumpy – I am having trouble loading a WordPress blog onto my Blogger bloglist; it was there before I lost my list and had to rebuild it :(. Will keep working at it. Look forward to the Haiku challenge. BTW, am here this time because of your inspirational award from Something Wagging. You rock!

Posted by Roberta | January 22, 2012, 11:21 AM
  4. DeDe is such a charmer, just look at that lovely contented face!

Posted by Eve Redwater | January 22, 2012, 4:29 AM
  5. Hi DeDe – how are you feeling? Better I hope! My Mom used to write a good bit of poetry and occasionally would squeeze out a haiku or two so maybe SHE can come up with somethng “snow-related” for the challenge!

Nature’s Jewelry…….

morning sun on snow
    like diamond dust on white clouds
    a sparkling treasure

Ta Da!
    Happy Sunday from Sammy (and his Mom)

Posted by onespoiledcat | January 22, 2012, 5:56 AM
  6. Aha… Haiku… I love it. I’ll be back with mine. Great fun.

Sorry you’re having trouble with blogger. I’ve heard others complain as well..

Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max

Posted by Max the Quilt Cat | January 22, 2012, 6:21 AM
  7. Haiku’s are difficult! Good luck everyone!

Posted by Dianda | January 22, 2012, 7:27 AM
  8. Looking forward to the haiku-fest next Sunday!!

Hello Rumpy, hello De-de! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | January 22, 2012, 7:47 AM
  9. Happy Zundayz! Love Willow

Posted by Willow | January 22, 2012, 7:51 AM
  10. Hi De-de… as for Blogspot I long have had a problem there signing in even though I have a Blogspot Blog,.. I was told by a friend of mine to try changing browers.. but the last week its let me in, so I dont know what the problems are.. except gremlins seem to be all over the place :-) Enjoy your Sunday and many thanks Rumpy for dropping by my place.. so Happy to see you there :-) xx

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | January 22, 2012, 7:54 AM
  11. Yep… Blogspot is being kinda.. MEAN lately. It doesn’t like Internet Explorer and it doesn’t like WordPress much better.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | January 22, 2012, 9:27 AM
  12. Hi DeDe, Rumpy and June Buggie! :-) I’m happy to finally have some free time to read your blog posts.. Missed you all!

Posted by Bites Of Sweet And Spice | January 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
  13. Cute puppy. I have a husky/shephard mix and a lab/shephard mix, butyou would never know it looking at Jake. I am new to blogging so I don’t know how you get verified.

Posted by Becca | January 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
  14. Hello, Enjoy reading your blog took your advice and Gravatared today Thanks hopped bye to say HI!!

Posted by Tim | January 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
  15. Hi Y’all,

I was having problems posting comments. When I complained, blogger replied that they no longer support IE so some features would not perform properly. I use Chrome now for blogging only.

As for posting, I still get the 400 error sometimes and find if I reset my blog under manage blog account, then delete the one that wasn’t working, I could again post.

The first time I got errors I uninstalled and re-installed writer. I’ve since found that is not necessary.

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

Posted by Hawk aka BrownDog | January 22, 2012, 1:03 PM
  16. What a cute face you have DeDe. Commenting on blogspot has been a disaster lately–does it have something to do with how they installed a feature where you can reply to each comment individually? These things happen! No captcha on my blog; I want everyone to be able to visit and say hello quickly so they can get back to kissing their dogs!

Posted by Kirsten | January 22, 2012, 1:28 PM
  17. Hey DeDe
    Like yous, we has a WordPress blog and we has some Blogger Blogs we can’t even see ‘cept through Reader and some we can’t post on! We don’t knows why.
    It makes us sad, cuz we really do live those blogs.
    We don’t has captcha either. When wes DID has a blogger blog, it kept stopping peoples from posting.
    We will think on the haiku…we is much better with limmericks.
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | January 22, 2012, 1:43 PM
  18. Hey Rumpy, You follow my blog! I didn`t know you had one!
    – Gracie May

Posted by gracie may | January 22, 2012, 2:34 PM
  19. Hi Dede!

You are so beautiful and we will have a Haiku.. we love haiku! We do it badly, but we love it!

Lots of Collie Hugs!!!
    The Collies and Chuck :)

Posted by colliesofthemeadow | January 22, 2012, 4:32 PM
  20. Hey Rumpy, have you tried Firefox? Seems to work well for us.

We don’t know how to do whatever your #2 comment means about updating a gravatar??? Sorry, we are not too savvy on this stuff.

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | January 22, 2012, 5:05 PM
  21. Oops, our bad – signoff is wrong for us:(

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | January 22, 2012, 5:08 PM
  22. I was wondering when you were going to do another poetry challenge. I’ll get my person right on it. I’ve been having the same problems commenting on Blogspot blogs. It won’t take my WordPress account but I can usually comment with my Google account. I use Chrome. Maybe I should see what happens with Firefox.

Posted by Bongo | January 22, 2012, 5:48 PM
  23. That smile… love it!

Posted by lolabees | January 22, 2012, 6:40 PM
  24. I dislike captcha! I wish people would turn it off. It makes it so much harder!

Posted by melissa | January 22, 2012, 7:09 PM
  25. As far as bloggers go, sometimes toy HAVE to use Googles Chrome web app. I noticed a similiar problem when attempting to reply to comments on my blog.
    Only Google Chrome will work. Google Chrome is free and works just as good as internet explorer.

Posted by Alexander Brenner | January 22, 2012, 9:47 PM
  26. Hey Rumpy and Dede.

Why is Dede day a Sunday? Why not a Monday or a Wednesday?

Anyway, I’m not sure if I’ve deactivated captcha on my blog but I’m glad you were able to successfully comment on it.

ONE MORE THING FOR FELLOW BLOGGERS: MAKE SURE YOUR BLOGGER PROFILES ARE ON PUBLIC.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Posted by haopee | January 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
  27. I have attempted haiku exactly once in a comment to one of my favorite blogs, lscottthoughts.com. I am thinking I may get brave and do haiku with you guys next week. Hope you will stop by to check out our critterly friends on the epiphanl journey ever Eastward at http://granbee.wordpress.com. I must confess, I tend to just READ blogspot blogs,entering no comments.

Posted by granbee | January 23, 2012, 3:00 AM
  28. Yes, I’ve discovered as you have that captcha is capricious! Not only is it almost impossible to decipher the mere shapes of the letters on the occasional blog, but I do find several that consistently tell me I’ve recorded the wrong letters when they’re actually *dead* clear and correct. Usually, that sort of error message will not repeat if I’m offered a second (different) captcha “word” to type, but it’s mighty cumbersome all the same. I’m pretty spoiled by blogs that not only allow comments from all comers (of course I don’t mind if they’re monitored before posting) rather than just Members and *especially* prefer that I not have to enter my name, URL, mother’s underwear size, and any other rigamarole that slows down the process.

At some point, if one’s spam filter isn’t catching enough stuff (mine’s been *very* reliable thus far), then I think one ought to be considering changing host services. But I’ll also quit commenting if (a) the recipients never respond to comments (I’ll still surf their blogs but why say anything if it’s not a conversation??) or (b) they or their host services make it too laborious for me to comment. It shouldn’t be a job!!

THANKS for bringing this up!!! :)

Posted by kathryningrid | January 23, 2012, 2:15 PM
  29. Wow! Haiku in English sounds very difficult. Even in Japanese, I’m very bad at it!lol
    I’m looking forward to next Sunday to read your haiku!

Posted by naoco | January 23, 2012, 8:35 PM
  30. I’ll do my best to give it a shot on sunday Rumpy. Looking forward to reading everyone’s writings.

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | January 24, 2012, 3:30 AM
  31. Mainly what Bongo said. I think there is a wicked conspiracy to make sure that we don’t log in with our WP blogs and we are forced to use blogger. Very bad blogger. Just one of the many reasons I swapped.

Pippa. On His Soapbox.

Posted by pippadogblog | January 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
  32. You rock, DeDe!

Posted by The Hook | January 25, 2012, 9:03 AM
  33. Can’t wait – I am so addicted to your poetry contests.

Posted by living4bliss | January 26, 2012, 8:10 PM
  34. Way to go… and I wish they would improve the commenting feature on blogspot too… I have a blog there and love many things about it but that is a peeve. Yes, update your gravatar people… and what was the third one again? Oh Yeah, snow haiku. :lol:

Posted by eof737 | January 30, 2012, 12:07 AM

Scenes at #walmart: someone can't park!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.