Interviews

You’re Cordially Invited to SCIFIpawty!

Oh Dog! I’m here to tell you about a cool party. And you’re ALL invited!  On March 24th, the SCIFIpawty will be held on Twitter from 11am to 11pm eastern time.  At this Twitter party you can meet new friends, win cool prizes, and most importantly, help raise funds for One By One Cat Rescue of Pennsylvania.  Here to tell us what it’s all about is the party organizer Boris Kitty.  Give him a warm welcome please!

Rumpy:  Thanks for being my guest Boris! So tell us what is this SCIFIpawty?

Boris:  What is SCIFIpawty? Well dis iz an interesting question cause it iz really a lot of fings. It iz above all else a fundraiser for charity. In this case ma local charities and last year n dis year it iz being held to raise moneys for One By One Cat Rescue.

Now dat we gots da official meanin of SCIFIpawty out of da way da rest of it is FUN dat iz F-U-N — FUN!!! It iz an online pawty held on Twitter. (@FrugalDougal started it all wif #PawPawty and some of da bestest info on how to attend a twitter pawty can be found on his site http://web.me.com/lynnh/PawPawty/pawbypaw.html)

Rumpy:  That’s great, cuz I’m not always sure about what a Twitter party is all about.  So what do you do at the SCIFIpawty?

Boris:  SCIFIpawty iz a scifi, horror, fantasy, comic and anime virtual convention. We have DJs playing music, Barktenders “selling” yummy drinks n eats at da Cookie Cafe at End of Da Universe. We also get volunteers to wear red shirts and be our sekurity team. Dunt worry we dunt beam these guys down to hostile planets. Dey halp keep da spammers and no-good-nicks out of the pawty stream.

Rumpy:  *whew* So is it just on Twitter?

Boris:  We are goin to try and include both facebook and google+ in this years events (we dunt know how or even if it will work out, so be sure to be on Twitter for the events).

We will hab door prizes, trivia contests, costume contests (entries are sent to me before da pawty so I can post dem and get judges feedback). Most anipals will use der costume contest entry for der avatar da day of SCIFIpawty too.

Rumpy:  And how does this party help One by One?

Boris:  We hab a tip jar in da form of da official donation page

Rumpy:  Cool! So tell us about One By One Cat Rescue?

Boris:  One By One iz a no-kill cat rescue that is near and dear to ma heart. When I wuz but 3 weeks old sum1 tooked me from ma mummacat and I wound up on ma humanz front porch. Dey tried gettin me into One By One and dey did not hab room fur a kitteh dat needed to be hand fed. So I stayed wif ma humanz.

When I wuz off da bottle dey could not let me go so I stayed put. One by One sayin no wuz da bestest fing to happen to me. But dey do A LOT of good for an awful lots of kittehs. So human started first by donating toys, den raising a lil moneys, den volunteering wif da kittehs and finally doin da SCIFIpawty fundraisers for dem.

Rumpy:  They sound like really great people!  So if someone wants to help One By One but can’t attend the party, what can they do?

Boris:  There are loads of ways to help One By One. On their site you can donate directly, sponsor cats, attend events, foster cats or simply tweet about their adoptable cats and help them find homes!

Rumpy:  That is pawsome Boris! Thank you so much for being my guest, and thanks for helping One By One Rescue and all those kitties!

I can’t wait to see each of you at the pawty on March 24th!

If you’re interested in donating to One By One, you can do so at the One By One website, and also through the FirstGiving donation box at Boris’ website.

Check out other great blogs!

About these ads

27 thoughts on “You’re Cordially Invited to SCIFIpawty!

1. Nice! I’ve never been to a Twitter party but it’d be a pleasure to be present :)

Posted by evilnymphstuff | March 10, 2012, 1:15 AM
  2. That sounds like it’s going to be a fun party.

Posted by Bongo | March 10, 2012, 1:40 AM
  3. Hi Boris! The twitter pawty sounds very interesting and also we can help anipals!!! Great! What they do for kittens at One by One is wonderful! We hope that many pals and thier humans join the pawty on the 24th! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 10, 2012, 3:47 AM
  4. Sounds like a great party Boris… Gonna put that on my schedule.

Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max

Posted by Max the Quilt Cat | March 10, 2012, 5:01 AM
  5. Twitter Party! I’ll be there! Great idea.

Posted by George Weaver | March 10, 2012, 5:07 AM
  6. Hey Rumpy, Jet here. How cool! Never participated in a Twitter Party… I’ll try to see if I can coach Mom on how to participate… sometimes she needs a bit of technical help. :) You provided a great interview with Boris, thank you. The logo is really clever!

Posted by heyitsjethere | March 10, 2012, 9:24 AM
  7. Thanks Rumpy for spreading the word. I have RSVPeed already and I am very excited as this will bee mai 1st SciFi Pawty!!!! It is gonna be a blast!!

Posted by adoptedmom | March 10, 2012, 9:57 AM
  8. Oh this is just up my alley! But mes don’t twitter! Me will puts it on my calendar and check out the FB part!
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | March 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
  9. We has to hold Mommy back til Mar 24…she a TOTAL sci-fi nut! (our grampa was in charge of flight safety for NASA’s Apollo program so our mommy grew up around all this space stuff!)

And of course, Daddy wanted to name us after particles, cuz he’s a physicist. Canz yoo imagine calling us Lepton & Tachyon? (Maxwell would be Tacky of course, not me).

Posted by Ryker's Boyz 'n' Allie | March 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
  10. I’ll be there in spirit, Rumpy!! I’m on Pacific Time, and that’s a bit tooooo early for me!! Best wishes!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | March 10, 2012, 2:22 PM
  11. oh Boris…great idea the SCIFI PaWTY! I will meow that back to my former shelter home, Kitty Corner. I just love, love, love ur blog Rummpy! Specially the cat part and June Buggie beating up on poor Rummpy…way to go cat girl! Just kiddin’ Rummpy…drop by and visit me if ya get a chance…I know taking care of humans is pretty time consuming…just sayin’…hawr hawr paw pat, Savannah

Posted by savannahnana13579 | March 10, 2012, 4:38 PM
  12. This is pawsome, Rumpy!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 10, 2012, 5:55 PM
  13. We look forward to being there!

Posted by Tim | March 10, 2012, 7:57 PM
  14. Gabby and Autumn have nominated you for the Hope Unites Globally (HUG) Award. If you choose to accept this award, here are the guidelines: http://ahopefortoday.com/2012/01/14/hope-unites-globally-hug-award-guidelines/ Thank you for making the world a better place with your writing.

Posted by Autumn Sunshine | March 10, 2012, 9:20 PM
  15. That sounds like it’s going to be a fun party. And for such a good cause like One By One!

Posted by Bassetmomma | March 11, 2012, 5:59 AM
  16. I shall be fascinated to know how to join a twitter pawty! whole new wolfie world that will for sure ;) so long as there are big smelly bones to chew on and the odd cat or two to chase…lol ;)

Posted by europasicewolf | March 11, 2012, 2:02 PM
  17. Der will be plenty to nom and feel free to chase sum cats but dey mites chase back! MOL

SCIFIpawty gonna rock!

Posted by Boris Kitty | March 11, 2012, 7:47 PM
  18. Won’t be able to make your PAWTY (sounds like much fun) but I will be there in spirit.

Posted by living4bliss | March 11, 2012, 11:55 PM
  19. Hooray for PawPawties on Twitter! Sounds like great fun–will drop in! Also very handy to have the website where we can donate to this most wonderful and much-needed organization!

Posted by granbee | March 12, 2012, 2:44 PM
  20. sounds like cool to me! wohooo

Posted by gelaikuting | March 13, 2012, 4:11 AM
  21. You know I’ll be there! This is one fun event that anipals won’t want to miss!

Posted by Cathy Keisha | March 14, 2012, 10:02 AM

My Gotcha Day cookie!!!! 😍😛🎈🎈🎈

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.