June Buggie Rants!

June Buggie Updates You on the Caboodle Ranch Cats

MEOW! My name is June Buggie, and I have an important announcement!

June Buggie here with something to say!

Rumpy received an email from Olivia Melikhov of the ASPCA asking me to get the word out about the following:

The ASPCA will be hosting a large-scale adoption event in Jacksonville, Florida, on August 11 & 12 to help find loving homes for the hundreds of cats rescued from Caboodle Ranch in February. It’s been nearly five months since the cats were rescued, and they can now legally adopt out the animals to responsible, forever homes.

These kitties need YOU to play bubbles with them.

There are hundreds of cats to choose from. Some of these cats have special needs, including barn cats and those that are FIV+ or have feline leukemia.

So if you live nearby, come to the ASPCA Temporary Shelter at 2580 West 1st Street in Jacksonville, FL 32254 Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 10 AM and 5 PM.  Bring a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, non-driver ID, etc.) proof of address, and a pet carrier.

These kitties are waiting for you to give them a loving, forever home.

These adoptions will be fee-waived. In addition, all of the cats that are available for adoption will be micro-chipped and spayed/neutered.

And if you’re in the Sarasota or Tampa Bay areas, you can also adopt a former resident of Caboodle Ranch.  Smaller, separate adoption events for the Caboodle Ranch cats will also be held that same weekend in Sarasota (hosted by Cat Depot) and in the Tampa Bay area (hosted by the Humane Society of Pinellas in cooperation with SPCA Tampa Bay).

This kitty is ready for the Olympics!

So PLEASE share this information, and let’s help these cats find forever homes.

MEOW!

There’s even babies in need of forever homes!

Here’s more info at the ASPCA blog.

About these ads

35 thoughts on “June Buggie Updates You on the Caboodle Ranch Cats

1. These pictures sure are a lot prettier than the CR pics, eh?

Posted by Anne Schilde | August 2, 2012, 1:37 AM
  2. They are all gorgeous and I hope they all get loving homes

Posted by Jill | August 2, 2012, 1:40 AM
  3. I hope lots of people turn up who will really care for them.

Posted by Zac The All Black | August 2, 2012, 3:34 AM
  4. What beautiful cats, I hope they find homes

Posted by Urban Hounds | August 2, 2012, 4:48 AM
  5. Those kitties are sooo cute!
    Cats scare me..but it doesn’t mean I want people to be mean to them..that’s horrible!
    I hope they find good homes!

Posted by originalapplejunkie | August 2, 2012, 5:29 AM
  6. Good luck kitties – you deserve good homes!

Posted by Saved by dogs | August 2, 2012, 6:45 AM
  7. I just know many of them will find a forever home on that weekend. I’ll feel bad for those that don’t.

Posted by mariodacat | August 2, 2012, 7:58 AM
  8. If I lived in Florida, I would definitely consider it. I’ve been thinking about getting a cat but I would really have to work with my dog Pierson because he has such a high prey drive.

Posted by ILoveDogs | August 2, 2012, 8:11 AM
  9. I’ve just shared this info on twitter and Facebook, dear June Buggie. I hope that it helps these lovely kitties to find a forever home and a lovely family! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | August 2, 2012, 8:58 AM
  10. I shared on facebook June Buggie, hope it helps.

Posted by Jodi Stone | August 2, 2012, 9:36 AM
  11. Oh! They are soo cute :)

Posted by Bluejellybeans | August 2, 2012, 10:13 AM
  12. There are so many strays (orphans) that need homes. I live in L.A. and I’ve never lived in a city with so many stray dogs and feral cats! It’s a disgrace. Hooray for Rumpy! Thanks for all your efforts. Russell

Posted by Russell Smith | August 2, 2012, 11:37 AM
  13. Thank you for being so loving and generous with your time to help these special animals find a home. As a pet lover, and a finder of homes for other animals I appreciate you! :)

Posted by pennycoho | August 2, 2012, 4:52 PM
  14. Great information. Hope we can do as good a job of getting the word out. paw pats, Savannah

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | August 2, 2012, 5:45 PM
  15. I shall hope that they all get the homes they need

Posted by Jo Bryant | August 2, 2012, 8:42 PM
  16. We hope all these precious cats get loving, forever homes during the event. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Chancy and Mumsy | August 3, 2012, 8:02 AM
  17. Kitties needing cuddles!
    Thanks for the update.
    (OK to use some of the pix and link back here in a reminder post just before event?)
    All of them are hoping to float like bubbles into someone’s heart.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | August 3, 2012, 9:38 AM
  18. YAY! Did you know Sparkle’s mom’s even flying in to be there for the event? COOL!

Posted by Ryker's Boyz 'n' Allie | August 3, 2012, 11:11 AM
  19. Those are some adorable cats! We sure hope they all go to wonderful homes!

Posted by Ellie and Edmond © | August 3, 2012, 2:50 PM
  20. Hoping that they all find their forever homes buddy!

Posted by tilda2 | August 4, 2012, 2:07 PM
  21. Best wishes for the cats to find furr-ever homes.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | August 4, 2012, 9:06 PM
  22. I do hope they find loving homes June Buggie.

P.S. I would love to play bubbles with the cats – it looks like fun!

Posted by Bassas Blog | August 5, 2012, 4:24 AM
  23. Wish I lived closer, so I could help. Adorable photo’s by the way. Makes me want to hop on a plane and come over.

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | August 5, 2012, 5:44 AM
  24. Oh those poor kitties! And the babies are so cute. Wish we could do more to help!

Posted by Jazz Cat Jay | August 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
  25. Great post!!! Great photos, too! xo Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | August 7, 2012, 2:45 PM
  26. Reblogged this on Moxie Dogs™.

Posted by Moxie Dogs | August 7, 2012, 2:46 PM
  27. Junie – just wanted to let you know I posted the info about the caboodle cats today – hope all those little guys find homes. Thanks for keeping us in the loop

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | August 8, 2012, 7:30 AM

1. Pingback: Monday Meowsie News…More On Helping Rescue Cats « Savannah's Paw Tracks - August 6, 2012

2. Pingback: Thankful, Thankful, Oh Cat!…So Thankful! « Savannah's Paw Tracks - January 10, 2013

Scenes at #walmart: someone can't park!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.