It’s Election Day!

Oh Dog! It’s finally here! Election day!

Time to vote for President!

If you are a registered voter in the US and have not participated in early voting, you need to vote today. I’m not here to recommend any particular candidate. I am reminding you that voting is a right AND a responsibility.

Bear in mind that those persons elected to office will have much say in how I am treated, so please choose wisely.

Don’t forget me when you’re voting!

If you’d like to know what your rights are as a voter, the American Civil Liberties Union has a list of voter rights for every state.┬áThis election is close, and anything could happen, so know your rights and don’t let anyone deny you the right to vote.

If you want to check your voter status, you can do so at CanIVote.org. There you can also follow a link to find out where you are assigned to vote.

And if you don’t vote, I don’t want to hear any complaints if you get stuck with a president like this:

Oh Dog! Not June Buggie!!!

About these ads

About Rumpy Drummond

37 thoughts on “It’s Election Day!

1. I’ll vote for you, Rumpy.. :D

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | November 6, 2012, 1:18 AM
  2. Awesome post!

Posted by The Bumble Files | November 6, 2012, 1:26 AM
  3. I’ll be at the polls tomorrow!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | November 6, 2012, 1:50 AM
  4. May the Vote be with you Rumpy !

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | November 6, 2012, 2:31 AM
  5. We vote for June Buggy – may he preside well :D

Posted by Animalcouriers | November 6, 2012, 3:02 AM
  6. Rumpy all the way x

Posted by mythreemoggies | November 6, 2012, 3:30 AM
  7. Finally! Good luck for your voting, don’t get your claws stuck in a voting machine or something like that.

Posted by stanzebla | November 6, 2012, 3:46 AM
  8. OK, OK, I’ll vote then but I must warn you, they’re going to be mighty surprised to get a vote all the way from South Africa :D

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | November 6, 2012, 4:09 AM
  9. No prob Rumpy….my pawrents are on their way to the polls right now! This is gonna be a CLOSE one……

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | November 6, 2012, 5:05 AM
  10. It’s going to be an exciting one!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | November 6, 2012, 7:03 AM
  11. Vote. Tuck the Law Dog encourages y’all to get out and vote!

Posted by Tuck The Law Dog | November 6, 2012, 7:18 AM
  12. MOM voted early.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | November 6, 2012, 7:52 AM
  13. This election is very interesting for us, Rumpy! When we choose our prime minister in Japan, we don’t vote for him/her directly….so the system of election is bit different.
    Awwww…..I wish June Buggie were a President of US!!! He looks so cool on the picture!

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 6, 2012, 8:15 AM
  14. I’ll make a reccomendation if you don’t mind. I am voting for Barack Obama because he will not only treat Rumpy better; he has a kinder; gentler plan for all of us; for America. You know in your heart I am right. What good is anything if we are not kind to animals and strangers. Lyin’ Mitt will lead us down the road to virtual slavery to the 1%.
    Vote For Barack Obama; because Mitt Romney is a motherlovin’ liar!

Posted by angrymanspeaks | November 6, 2012, 8:23 AM
  15. Cast a Pawsative vote for me – “GUIDO for Purrresident!”

Posted by Guido Basolo | November 6, 2012, 9:12 AM
  16. There are two hour waits to vote in some areas of NYC. BJ and I will go a little later and we’ll dress for the cold.

Posted by Lynda | November 6, 2012, 9:48 AM
  17. I’m voting for the ones who save the giant oak tree here.
    Rumpy, would be our choice Fur Resident! Woo Woo –
    (and may cool heads and reasonable behavior rule…would be a nice change, right?)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | November 6, 2012, 9:53 AM
  18. Mollie, Hazel and Jake vote for June Buggie. Mom voted for some human person. We have to speak with her.

Posted by katecrimmins | November 6, 2012, 10:01 AM
  19. actually I wouldn’t mind a President like that. Love, Cody

Posted by Cody-Cat Chat (@CatChatCaren) | November 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
  20. I vote for extra naps all around!

Posted by Brian | November 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
  21. I voted! Then I went out for a donut. Hey! Come over to my blog and vote for a treat! It’s a giveaway.

Posted by FleaByte | November 6, 2012, 12:34 PM
  22. Our humans voted by mail last week, easy peasy and we know they always have our best interests at heart, so they have to have made wise decisions.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | November 6, 2012, 1:10 PM
  23. Voting soon, or so Mom and the Dad say. Thanks! Purrs…

Posted by Colehaus Cats | November 6, 2012, 2:28 PM
  24. I am wringing my paws and my tail in anxiety here! I just hope you guys over there make the right choice seeing as your choice of President will have ramifications around the world! … No pressure ;)

Posted by europasicewolf | November 6, 2012, 3:25 PM
  25. Love it! Thanks for the giggle!

Posted by Tilly Bud - The Laughing Housewife | November 6, 2012, 3:57 PM
  26. Just a few more hours and this mess will be all over.

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | November 6, 2012, 4:05 PM
  27. Hey. I would take June Buggie, compared to what’s at risk here . . . I can’t watch. I dread tomorrow.

Posted by nadbugs | November 6, 2012, 7:14 PM
  28. Our local shelter had a run-off for Re-PUP-li-cans and Dem-o-CATS. It was to raise awareness about pet adoptions.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | November 6, 2012, 7:19 PM
  29. We voted! Gibson is enjoying Election Day over on our blog since apparently he’s running for Congress! Imagine his surprise! Hey Gibson for Congress, June Buggie for President…might be pawsome! ;-)

Posted by fivesibesmom | November 6, 2012, 7:43 PM
  30. voting is such a special privilege…too bad so many peeps don’t even bother…then complain about their world…sheeesh

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | November 6, 2012, 9:05 PM
  31. My mom voted :) Dad wanted to vote for the first time ever (thanks to mom’s influence), but he registered too late :( So now he has to wait until next time.

Posted by onebluedog | November 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
  32. Maybe June Buggie has some NEW and good ideas :-)

Posted by tylersat99 | November 8, 2012, 12:18 AM
  33. I can only hope that 2016 gives us some one to vote for… Rather than the lesser of the two evils

Posted by zendictive | November 8, 2012, 2:53 PM
  34. Hey, I think I voted for that cat!

Posted by Anne Schilde | November 11, 2012, 3:13 AM

1. Pingback: It’s Election Day! | Catgurl40's Blog - November 6, 2012

What would you like to add to the conversation? Leave a comment below!

What? What do you want? -Malachi

about.me

Rumpy Dog

Rumpy Dog

All About Me!

Hi! My name is Rumpy, and I am an Alaskan Malamute. I used to live in Middle Tennessee, but now my family and I reside in southeast Alabama. I have this cool blog that I started in 2011. Here at rumpydog.com we talk about all things animal, with a focus on animal welfare and responsible animal companion guardianship. But we also like to throw in a heaping helping of cute! cute! cute! I mean, how could you look at me and not melt, right?

My story? Well, I was found on the side of a busy street. Jenny thought she would help me find my home, but nobody claimed me. So now I live with her. She's a pretty good ole' gal, but she is mighty stingy with the dog cookies. *sigh*

There are also some cats- they each have their own story. June Buggie is their chief spokesperson. He is 16 years old, crotchety, and not afraid to say what's on his mind.

All writings and photos are the copyright property of Jenny Threet (unless the writer is a guest blogger, in which case it is the property of that guest blogger) and may not be used without permission.

You can contact me at rumpydog@hotmail.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.