Dear DeDe

Dear DeDe is Grateful!

Oh Dog! Dear DeDe here! Today starts Gratitude Week around here at Rumpydog, and I get the honor of starting the ball rolling!

I’m one grateful dog!

I’m very grateful that the people working at the trash dump fed me and cared for me until Jen came along. And I’m  glad that she did.

I’m grateful that she didn’t give up on me when vets couldn’t figure out what was causing my problems. I’m grateful that persistence paid off and resulted in a regimen of medication and diet that keeps me healthy and happy.

I’m grateful for Rumpy for being a good big brother and great friend.

I’m grateful to Bubba Cat for always being there for me.

Bubba is my best friend!

And I am also very grateful to each of you. You show me that there ARE many people out there that are doing right by us animals. Because of you I have faith that one day things will change, and the world will be a better place for ALL living creatures.

Namaste.

About these ads

About Rumpy Drummond

65 thoughts on “Dear DeDe is Grateful!

1. Nice post DeDe. In spite of all the lack of care and cruelty around, it is always heartwarming to find there are others who sometimes think the same way :) Enjoy your day.

Posted by roughseasinthemed | November 18, 2012, 6:35 AM
  2. I got a tear!

Posted by jmgoyder | November 18, 2012, 6:38 AM
  3. Aw, DeDe you are so sweet! I’m glad you have a loving home with a great family.

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | November 18, 2012, 6:38 AM
  4. We ALL have so much to be grateful for.. So glad you have a happy home now!

Posted by Dianna | November 18, 2012, 6:45 AM
  5. I’m grateful to know you dear DeDE and your “furmily”. Have a wonderful Sunday ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | November 18, 2012, 6:54 AM
  6. What a way to start my day. A sunny Sunday. Head-bonks to you.

Posted by nadbugs | November 18, 2012, 7:00 AM
  7. Hi Dear DeDe! *waving* Today’s post made me almost cry! *sniff*
    I was so touched to read it…you have a really truly wonderful family!!! and like easyweimaraner said, we’re soo grateful that we could know you and your family! Thanks so much! Have a lovely Sunday! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 18, 2012, 7:12 AM
  8. Oh DeDe (Rumpy, Bubba, and Jen) – We are so glad that you share your thankful and joyful blog with us. – You are a lucky pack – and we are thankful to watch you grow. – DogDaz

Posted by dogdaz | November 18, 2012, 7:15 AM
  9. I went through a pile of kleenex reading that post but good to know he’s safe and well

Posted by crazytraintotinkytown | November 18, 2012, 7:38 AM
  10. DeDe = so Grateful for You ………………
    remember i can also make You a song and vid if you like :)
    I am talking to Your Jen xx about helping out with a Youtube channel for animal broadcasts – so go ask her ok :) xx
    I am super grateful you are the happiest dog in the world …….
    and Tell June Buggie and Rumpy i am grateful to have made those song/ vids for them last week – they brought me super JOY … and made me feel like a kid :) which is the best feeling ever xo
    MEOW AND A WOOF XO
    C

Posted by Cat Forsley | November 18, 2012, 7:42 AM
  11. We love you, DeDe!! xoxo

Hugs and cuddles,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | November 18, 2012, 8:20 AM
  12. Hi DeDe, Hazel here. I too have much to be grateful for. I was one of an outdoor litter and the people didn’t want the kittens. The daughter put me and my sister in a car in 90 degree weather and went looking for a place to take us. She took us to an adoption event but was told that they were only adopting out, not accepting. However, one volunteer was so upset about the car being so hot (and it was!) that she took us and cleaned us up and got us shots and stuff. I had some bad stuff that needed medical attention and she took care of that. Then she took us to an adoption event. Mom adopted me because she thought I was the homeliest kitty there and was afraid no one would adopt me. I have grown up to be beautiful! My sister was adopted too. Now I live with Jake and Mollie and life is good.

Posted by katecrimmins | November 18, 2012, 8:37 AM
  13. Dear DeDe…I am grateful for sweet girl! And grateful you have healthy leggies now….purrrrs, Savannah

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | November 18, 2012, 9:08 AM
  14. DeDe, what a great thing to say. A lovely sentiment. Gratitude is catching :)

Posted by CATachresis | November 18, 2012, 9:32 AM
  15. And we are grateful to have you and Rumpy for pals!

Posted by fivesibesmom | November 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
  16. Rumpy, you alwsys say the sweetest things.
    BJ never said those thing out loud; I juat know when he curls up and pushes into me to get closer that he is much happier than when he was roaming the streets of NYC.

Posted by Lynda | November 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
  17. Dear DeDe, we are grateful for your human that takes such good care of you and your friends!

Posted by PC PHOTO | November 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
  18. Thank you for reminding us of all the reasons why we are greatful too! We are bery thrilled that Rumpy and Bubba lub you so much. Jen’s a very awesome, loving mama!!

Posted by Sierra | November 18, 2012, 3:14 PM
  19. Beautiful Post

Posted by Urban Hounds | November 18, 2012, 3:51 PM
  20. Just beautiful, Dede. I hope that all animals find a loving home just like you did. Best wishes to you, your furry and non-furry family.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | November 18, 2012, 5:24 PM
  21. So gracious in your gratefulness Dede! I would love to know just exactly how grateful my pack is to have a Pack Leader like me!!! Really their gratefulness should know no bounds! lol ;) :D

Posted by europasicewolf | November 18, 2012, 5:43 PM
  22. It would be a very silly wolf to suggest otherwise Dede!! :D

Posted by europasicewolf | November 18, 2012, 6:11 PM
  23. Dear DeDe – we’re happy for you and your family also.

Posted by mariodacat | November 18, 2012, 6:32 PM
  24. Awww, Dede – that is just so sweet – we are so happy you found the wonderful home you now have.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | November 18, 2012, 6:40 PM
  25. That was a beautiful post and it made my whiskers grin up.

Posted by Brian | November 18, 2012, 7:11 PM
  26. A very touching post, Dede. I’m so happy for you, and thankful, too, that you have such a loving family. I’m sending thoughts of gratitude, too, to the people at the dump for helping you survive early on.

Posted by lemonysqueezes | November 18, 2012, 7:53 PM
  27. And we are grateful and happy cause your story is another successful love story.

Posted by Oui Oui | November 18, 2012, 9:02 PM
  28. Lovely, Dear DeDe. It is so good to be reminded that there are a lot of humans who care… Thank You, and Thank You to Jen for looking out for you and all your friends….

Posted by carolynpageabc | November 18, 2012, 9:32 PM
  29. DeDe, you’re such a dear sweet doggie. We’re very grateful to know you and all your housemates have a warm, safe life and such a wonderful mom! We love you all!! Happy purring from RainbowCatsx8

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | November 19, 2012, 3:34 AM
  30. I bet Jen is grateful for you too. ❤•.✿.•❤

Posted by Dawn | November 19, 2012, 8:05 AM
  31. You’ve certainly said it all today DeDe…nothing I can add to your heartfelt statements but *snoogles* to you, Bubba & Rumpy

Posted by Gizmo | November 19, 2012, 2:29 PM
  32. I wish I had more time to spend here. This is a beautiful cyber-haven you’ve built here.

Posted by The Hook | November 19, 2012, 4:30 PM
  33. Those are very good things to be grateful for DeDe! Aren’t we awfully lucky to have good families and such wonderful friends…

Posted by onebluedog | November 19, 2012, 4:35 PM
  34. Great post. I love dogs. We currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats, plus a guinea pig, 2 owl finches, and a 90 gallon saltwater fishtank. Over the weekend our puppy tripped and broke her leg at the elbow. Supposedly it’s a common break in puppies. Nina had surgery, pins placed, and is now home and resting. I guess you can say Nina is grateful too today, and so are her owners.

Posted by Kathy | November 19, 2012, 8:53 PM
  35. I love to see dogs and cats together. No discrimination :)

Posted by taishinana | November 26, 2012, 1:09 AM

1. Pingback: Dear DeDe is Grateful! | Catgurl40's Blog - November 18, 2012

2. Pingback: Dear DeDe is Grateful! « The Other Side of the Couch - November 19, 2012

What would you like to add to the conversation? Leave a comment below!

Want to get regular email from Rumpydog? Then follow me by email!

For throwback Thursday- ran across this recently. Hard to believe it's been 3 years since Sage left us and that DeSe is gone. Now it's just me. *sigh*

about.me

Rumpy Dog

Rumpy Dog

All About Me!

Hi! My name is Rumpy, and I am an Alaskan Malamute. I used to live in Middle Tennessee, but now my family and I reside in southeast Alabama. I have this cool blog that I started in 2011. Here at rumpydog.com we talk about all things animal, with a focus on animal welfare and responsible animal companion guardianship. But we also like to throw in a heaping helping of cute! cute! cute! I mean, how could you look at me and not melt, right?

My story? Well, I was found on the side of a busy street. Jenny thought she would help me find my home, but nobody claimed me. So now I live with her. She's a pretty good ole' gal, but she is mighty stingy with the dog cookies. *sigh*

There are also some cats- they each have their own story. June Buggie is their chief spokesperson. He is 16 years old, crotchety, and not afraid to say what's on his mind.

All writings and photos are the copyright property of Jenny Threet (unless the writer is a guest blogger, in which case it is the property of that guest blogger) and may not be used without permission.

You can contact me at rumpydog@hotmail.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.