Dear DeDe

Some Advice from Dear DeDe!

Oh Dog! Dear DeDe here with some advice for you dogs and cats out there!

DeDe's words of wisdom!

DeDe’s words of wisdom!

I just found out that Santa is hiring extra labor this year!

Indeed!

Jen came home with some yummy-smelling bags and such Friday, but instead of showing us what was inside, she put them up high in the closet and told us to stay out! Even June Buggie!

According to Jen, Santa has an exceptionally high number of recipients on the NICE list, and all those gifts just won’t fit on his sleigh. So he’s asking humans to provide storage for him. Jen says he’ll pick these presents up when he delivers our gifts and deliver them to good dogs and cats in California.

So if YOU find a stash of Christmas presents hidden somewhere in your house, STAY OUT! That just means Santa has hired your mom or dad to store gifts too.

Who knew that Santa was so smart?

Not too much longer now!

Not too much longer now!

About these ads

About Rumpy Drummond

41 thoughts on “Some Advice from Dear DeDe!

1. … and you are so clever for providing this explanation to us. Many thanks DeDe. x

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | December 2, 2012, 7:05 AM
  2. Ohhhhh so that’s what is sitting on top of my refrigerator … OK DeDe I will be a good girl and not investigate further

Posted by Jessie & Jane | December 2, 2012, 7:28 AM
  3. Well, someone sure is smart ;-)

Posted by Animalcouriers | December 2, 2012, 7:30 AM
  4. Please y’all, if ya see Santa tell him I am a good dog

Posted by Tuck The Law Dog | December 2, 2012, 8:13 AM
  5. Oh Yes! I remember that my mom was putting a big bag in her closet, too making sure nobody was looking at her!!! It must have been Santa’s presents which he asked mom to hide!
    Sooooo excited for coming Christmas! Have a lovely Sunday, Dear DeDe! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | December 2, 2012, 8:16 AM
  6. OMC! My human too!!
    Purrs

Posted by Texas, a cat in New York | December 2, 2012, 8:27 AM
  7. The only one who did this was my mom – and she broke her collarbone – ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | December 2, 2012, 8:29 AM
  8. Thanks, DeDe. There IS one of those secret bags at my house. It smells like Canine CarryOuts, and I think I can see panda fur through the bag!! UGH! It’s so hard to wait!!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | December 2, 2012, 8:31 AM
  9. Suuussssshhhhhh! DeDe, now this is strictly between ourselves…. ( looks left, then right )…. whispering now…. can you hear me? ok… well…. just keep this between you and me…. shuuuuush Big secret…
    Im a Santa’s Helper too!…. Now don’t you go letting on now…. or I may have trouble with the Elves and their Union…. :-) ;-) and you know I don’t want any trouble with that Big Elf.. so …. Shuuuusssh now!….
    Love Sue xoxox

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | December 2, 2012, 8:32 AM
  10. Ohhhhh….ok….promise not to get in the Harry Potter closet under the stairs. Lots of stuff gets put in there and the door gets closed really fast. I bet Dad is a helper! Thanks DEDe

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | December 2, 2012, 9:34 AM
  11. We had NO IDEA…. THANK you fur lettin us know this impawtant stuffs…

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | December 2, 2012, 9:44 AM
  12. it’s BJ. When Santa sees my Hanukkah lights, he drops a gift anyway, just so I don’t feel left out. I really appreciate that.

Posted by Lynda | December 2, 2012, 10:46 AM
  13. This ‘splains a lot, fanx. We are decoraring for Chanukah today, Yaay, me lubs those blue lights, presents, and potato latkes. Happy Holidays to all pals!

Posted by adoptedmom | December 2, 2012, 2:16 PM
  14. It’s very funny, DeDe. We actually have seen Mom put stuff away for all us kids (2 and 4 legs) and she always tells us to pretend we didn’t see it! :) By the way, we keep trying to “like” your post, but WordPress tells us our password is wrong. Haven’t changed our password, so not sure what the problem is. Sorry!

Posted by Moxie Reviews™ (@MoxieReviews) | December 2, 2012, 2:32 PM
  15. LOL! Great advice, DeDe

Posted by Sue at Talking Dogs | December 2, 2012, 3:06 PM
  16. Oh, so that’s how he does it!!! Maybe Mom needs to explain that to the grandkiddos who are always poking around where she tries to hide pressies. Thanks for the tip, Dede. We are off to scout around and see if Mom has tucked some things away for Santa to give the Kansas pups.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | December 2, 2012, 3:46 PM
  17. Oh, so THAT’S what’s happening! Thanks for clearing that one up DeDe. x

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | December 2, 2012, 6:54 PM
  18. Oh Wow!
    me was wondering why there was 2 dog toy stockings in my super secret hiding spot!
    Thanks Dee Dee!
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | December 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
  19. I never snoop, I love to be surprised

Posted by Boomdeeadda | December 3, 2012, 12:47 AM
  20. Yeah…we found one of those bags, but we were relentless…so mama gave in and let us have a taste!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | December 3, 2012, 2:19 AM
  21. This explains a lot, Dede! I was feeling sad that there are some tasty treats just out of reach, but now I am feeling pretty excited about my mom being one of Santa’s special helpers :)

Posted by onebluedog | December 3, 2012, 11:03 AM

I love Pig!

about.me

Rumpy Dog

Rumpy Dog

All About Me!

Hi! My name is Rumpy, and I am an Alaskan Malamute. I used to live in Middle Tennessee, but now my family and I reside in southeast Alabama. I have this cool blog that I started in 2011. Here at rumpydog.com we talk about all things animal, with a focus on animal welfare and responsible animal companion guardianship. But we also like to throw in a heaping helping of cute! cute! cute! I mean, how could you look at me and not melt, right?

My story? Well, I was found on the side of a busy street. Jenny thought she would help me find my home, but nobody claimed me. So now I live with her. She's a pretty good ole' gal, but she is mighty stingy with the dog cookies. *sigh*

There are also some cats- they each have their own story. June Buggie is their chief spokesperson. He is 16 years old, crotchety, and not afraid to say what's on his mind.

All writings and photos are the copyright property of Jenny Threet (unless the writer is a guest blogger, in which case it is the property of that guest blogger) and may not be used without permission.

You can contact me at rumpydog@hotmail.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.