poetry

The Cycle of Violence- a poem by Rumpy

Today I don’t want to be cute.

Today I don’t want to be happy.

My heart is hurting

My heart is hurting

Here is a poem I wrote after learning about the bombing in Boston:

The Cycle of Violence

Tragedy.

Incredulity.

Anxiety.

Vengeance.

Lulled into a false sense of

security,

until the next…….

Tragedy.

About these ads

39 thoughts on “The Cycle of Violence- a poem by Rumpy

1. Sad, but true, Rumpy.

Posted by Dianna | April 16, 2013, 5:55 AM
  2. So sad.

Posted by barb19 | April 16, 2013, 6:23 AM
  3. Mom says it has always been that way with humans, the majority are good but a few bad eggs ruin it for everyone! Sad.

Posted by Emmadog | April 16, 2013, 6:35 AM
  4. That’s so sad, Rumpy… and it says so much…

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 16, 2013, 6:39 AM
  5. It hurts so much to be a caring person in this world sometimes.Sad words but true such news is always so disheartening.This is why it is important to be kind to all creatures,those who care for animals also tend to hurt that bit more .Hope tomorrow brings a brighter day.

Posted by fozziemum | April 16, 2013, 7:08 AM
  6. It’s so awful, we have just put up a candle today, we don’t feel like being happy xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | April 16, 2013, 7:33 AM
  7. Reblogged this on poetreecreations.org and commented:
    We like this!

Posted by poetreecreations | April 16, 2013, 7:35 AM
  8. You’re right, Rumpy. It hurts to think about it. There are some very bad humans out there. Give the ones you love an extra snuggle today.

Posted by Mrs Bushranger | April 16, 2013, 7:43 AM
  9. Such a horrid thing. It DOES hurt to think about it.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | April 16, 2013, 8:05 AM
  10. Very well said pal.

Posted by mariodacat | April 16, 2013, 8:15 AM
  11. Very true and yet how sad. This is the way the bad peeps want our lives to be. A very sad day.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | April 16, 2013, 8:24 AM
  12. Oh rumpy.. I just want to hug and cuddle you. I just want to protect all my friends and keep them safe. I hate the cycle of violence, I want it to stop and everyone to just get along. *hugs*

Posted by ilovecats | April 16, 2013, 8:34 AM
  13. That was very sad…….my heart is hurtuing, too…. :(

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 16, 2013, 8:35 AM
  14. The imagery of poetry always describes it best.

I
    plead
    we never
    accept.

Posted by Bernadette | April 16, 2013, 8:52 AM
  15. The German’s with you Rumpy. Sigh. Head pats and hugs for all sent

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | April 16, 2013, 9:06 AM
  16. Sad. I hope things improve.

Posted by panoramaofthoughts | April 16, 2013, 9:27 AM
  17. Your poem is a powerful expression of the truth.

Posted by Michele D'Acosta | April 16, 2013, 9:30 AM
  18. Too bad you are right. We need a change. Praying for the people of Boston.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Posted by fgassette | April 16, 2013, 11:24 AM
  19. Sad but true. :( Humans are the true “animals.”

Posted by paws2smile | April 16, 2013, 11:27 AM
  20. I feel very sad for the people who got hurt, for their families, for those who were on the scene and had to endure the shock and the sight of horror, for the rescue staff … and for all the invisible victims such as friends, colleagues, neighbours and especially children who will see images this tragedy …
    I can never get used to the idea that some people consider violence as an option to defend their ideas … they must live in a horrible world, full of fright, pain and violence. Who wants to live in such a world ?
    Sorry I was so long Rumpy, My human’s sister lives in Boston, and thank goodness everyone’s fine.

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | April 16, 2013, 11:53 AM
  21. Sad, powerful, ….and sad.

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 16, 2013, 12:22 PM
  22. <3 more love, more peace, more understanding….collectively we WILL make a positive change

Posted by anaturalfire | April 16, 2013, 12:26 PM
  23. Yes, very sad :-(

Posted by Yoshiko | April 16, 2013, 1:36 PM
  24. It is such a terrible thing. I am sad with you, Rumpy. A very moving poem.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

Posted by Oz the Terrier | April 16, 2013, 2:46 PM
  25. Very succinct! Very sad!

Posted by CATachresis | April 16, 2013, 3:10 PM
  26. O, Rumpy, my heart broke after hearing this terrible news :(

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | April 16, 2013, 3:24 PM
  27. belated happy birthday Jen…
    have nominated your for Liebster blog award…
    here have a look please http://littlemissobsessivesanatomy.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/liebster-blog-award/

Posted by littlemissobsessivesanatomy | April 16, 2013, 3:54 PM
  28. A horrific tragedy. I also mourn the loss of innocent lives and pray for those who are hurting.

Only light and love can drive out the darkness.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | April 16, 2013, 9:47 PM
  29. Violence is always senseless Rumpy :(

Posted by Bassa's Blog | April 17, 2013, 6:21 AM
  30. cuddles!

Posted by willowdot21 | April 17, 2013, 3:25 PM
  31. Violence and its existence is depressing…yet it remains in our world. We may not defeat it, but we can control it.

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | April 17, 2013, 7:25 PM
  32. Oh, Rumpy. Wasn’t it terrible, awful to see the horror unfolding. Our thoughts and prayers are in Boston x.

Posted by shacklefordlb | April 18, 2013, 4:45 PM
  33. Your poem says it well. So very sad and to have two major tragedies so close together, heartbreaking for all affected.

Posted by twoblackdoggies | April 20, 2013, 1:53 AM
  34. Straight to the point!

Posted by Anne Schilde | May 18, 2013, 2:51 AM

1. Pingback: The Cycle of Violence- a poem by Rumpy | Catgurl40's Blog - April 16, 2013

We're moving and I'm nervous!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.