June Buggie Rants!

June Buggie is Calling You to Action!

MEOW! My name is June Buggie, and I have something to say.

Put your money where your heart is!

Put your money where your heart is!

HISSSSSSS!!!!!!  Yesterday the Tennessee state legislature voted yes on ag-gag. Don’t know what ag-gag is? Learn all about it here. The bill awaits the governor’s signature to be signed into law.

What does that mean? Walking horse trainers, puppy mills, and animal agriculture industries can engage in animal cruelty with impunity. Thanks a lot, Tennessee.

What you may not know is that if you have Farm Bureau insurance, you helped pay for lobbying efforts FOR that law.

Hissssssss!!!!

Hissssssss!!!!

It’s time to put your money where your heart is. Do you support animal welfare? Then spend your money like you do.

• Don’t shop in stores that sell animals.
  • Don’t buy products from companies that support laws that negatively impact animals.
  • And for Cat’s sake, don’t go to petting zoos or other tourist attractions where animals are used as props.

The only way things for us will change is when YOU change them. You can’t wait for someone else to do the work for you. It’s up to you to make the difference.

MEOW!

About these ads

About Rumpy Drummond

22 thoughts on “June Buggie is Calling You to Action!

1. This is so sickening. I never knew of ‘ag-gag’; as a vegan and dog-lover, this is disheartening on so many levels. Is there any way to fight this legislation?

Posted by humanrescuesdog | April 18, 2013, 6:29 AM
  2. Better listen to that cat or it will come back to get me for sure!

Posted by Emmadog | April 18, 2013, 6:51 AM
  3. What a disgraceful world we live in where animals count for nothing! We have plenty of issues here in Australia too,we have the same puppy farms cat farms small animal companion farms you name it.I refuse to shop at pet shops,i believe there are enough animal lovers that would keep these shops in business just by purchasing toys,collars etc without the need to sell animals.We are fighting for Oscars law to ban this..I boycott any products supporters or exploiters of animals..my sheep dogs and cats are my world and i can’t imagine my life without them.I wish you all the best and boycotting is the way to go,trying to change laws is so hard due to the big big money involved,but don’t give up :)

Posted by fozziemum | April 18, 2013, 6:52 AM
  4. Hey June, I agree with you. I’m glad someone has decided to create a bill solely for animal welfare.

Posted by haopee2 | April 18, 2013, 7:00 AM
  5. That’s disgraceful!

Posted by Mrs Bushranger | April 18, 2013, 7:03 AM
  6. I’m with you June! These are terrible news…

Posted by Bluejellybeans | April 18, 2013, 7:08 AM
  7. This is bad news. Keep telling people what’s going on, June Buggie!

Posted by Clowie | April 18, 2013, 7:52 AM
  8. Very well said! It’s time to stand up and take action. By the way, my mom’s nick name is Junebuggy – PLOL (Pig Laughing out Loud). XOXO – Bacon

Posted by PigLove | April 18, 2013, 8:41 AM
  9. The ONLY reason this bill even exists is because people who think of animals as objects for their own profit want to hide what they are doing.

Posted by Bernadette | April 18, 2013, 9:03 AM
  10. Very disappointed…..poor animals in TN……. :(

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 18, 2013, 9:17 AM
  11. We are WITH YOU June Buggy.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | April 18, 2013, 9:41 AM
  12. Meow! 3 great ideas that will make a difference.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | April 18, 2013, 9:47 AM
  13. OMC – that is horrible. Guess we’d better do some checking into our state to see what their practice is.

Posted by mariodacat | April 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
  14. Oh no! That’s terrible. I’m glad I don’t have Farm Bureau Insurance.

Posted by ILoveDogs | April 18, 2013, 12:24 PM
  15. This is just terrible! Thanks for letting us know, June Buggie.

Posted by theislandcats | April 18, 2013, 8:12 PM
  16. Yes. I have given up zoos and fairs…most animal products. It is hard to dot all the “i’s” and I must do better.

Posted by Charron's Chatter | April 22, 2013, 1:19 PM
  17. It seems so hopeless sometimes. How will we ever have respect for the animals when we continue to live with no self-respect? [sigh]

Posted by Anne Schilde | June 1, 2013, 3:58 PM

What would you like to add to the conversation? Leave a comment below!

Want to get regular email from Rumpydog? Then follow me by email!

Is that a cookie in your hand?

about.me

Rumpy Dog

Rumpy Dog

All About Me!

Hi! My name is Rumpy, and I am an Alaskan Malamute. I used to live in Middle Tennessee, but now my family and I reside in southeast Alabama. I have this cool blog that I started in 2011. Here at rumpydog.com we talk about all things animal, with a focus on animal welfare and responsible animal companion guardianship. But we also like to throw in a heaping helping of cute! cute! cute! I mean, how could you look at me and not melt, right?

My story? Well, I was found on the side of a busy street. Jenny thought she would help me find my home, but nobody claimed me. So now I live with her. She's a pretty good ole' gal, but she is mighty stingy with the dog cookies. *sigh*

There are also some cats- they each have their own story. June Buggie is their chief spokesperson. He is 16 years old, crotchety, and not afraid to say what's on his mind.

All writings and photos are the copyright property of Jenny Threet (unless the writer is a guest blogger, in which case it is the property of that guest blogger) and may not be used without permission.

You can contact me at rumpydog@hotmail.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.