What I Did This Weekend

That darn Monday is here AGAIN! She’s liked less than a used car salesman directing traffic for a road construction crew.

At least we have the memories of a lovely weekend.

What did we do?

Bubba gave DeDe a bath

Bubba gave DeDe a bath

Graybie and Hissy napped together

Graybie and Hissy napped together

Little Girl told June Buggie a secret

Little Girl told June Buggie a secret

DeDe hid from the vacuum cleaner

DeDe hid from the vacuum cleaner

June Buggie took a nap

June Buggie took a nap

And I begged for cookies

And I begged for cookies

What did you do this weekend?

About these ads

About Rumpy Drummond

48 thoughts on “What I Did This Weekend

1. I had a wonderful weekend. I’m glad you did as well.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | May 13, 2013, 6:01 AM
  2. Did ya begging work ???? BOL.. Have a wonderful MONDAY xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | May 13, 2013, 6:02 AM
  3. Sounds like a busy weekend! I hope you were successful in your cookie quest?! On the positive side at least it is a full 7 days before it is monday again!

Posted by Basil | May 13, 2013, 6:10 AM
  4. I have a serious case of Monday-itis too…Only cookies can fix this problem!

Posted by humanrescuesdog | May 13, 2013, 6:13 AM
  5. Took my toddler to a petting son and fished him out of a pool that he fell into.

Posted by Charles Yallowitz | May 13, 2013, 6:23 AM
  6. Love that description of Monday. We had a great weekend with lots of walking adventures and spending time with mom and Gramma.

Posted by Emmadog | May 13, 2013, 6:29 AM
  7. so cute

Posted by jimmie chew | May 13, 2013, 6:36 AM
  8. looks like that was quite a relaxing weekend! Mom just was busy like a freak trying to get ready for BlogPaws! Wish you were going!

Posted by catchatcaren | May 13, 2013, 6:36 AM
  9. oh great … always the cookie-saurus , Rumpy… I like the special Spa-Day DeDe got from Bubba :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | May 13, 2013, 6:52 AM
  10. My person and I did some blogging Bowwow

Posted by Tutti | May 13, 2013, 7:16 AM
  11. Mostly napping and watching Bird TV. I want the weekend back!
    Purrs

Posted by Texas, a cat in New York | May 13, 2013, 7:46 AM
  12. I hiked, napped, helped with the yard, hiked and napped. Great weekend. Now I am going to nap.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | May 13, 2013, 8:13 AM
  13. Dear Rumpy, do you know what was the most beautiful thing of this weekend? We found a home for a little cat… I am so happy for this… You know as always I love you all so much, Thank you, love, nia

Posted by niasunset | May 13, 2013, 8:17 AM
  14. DeDe, I hid from the vacuum too!

Posted by klheavrin | May 13, 2013, 8:22 AM
  15. ohhhh Dede hiding it’s the best pic, right after the bath that is.

Posted by Doggy's Style | May 13, 2013, 8:33 AM
  16. We cleaned the basement of the castle and the ground floor of the cottage, but no vacuum monster was involved. Invited a friend, nudged him so he gets some exercise. Went for long walks. I got baths from the neighbour’s cows. Bach was bathing the sheep.

Posted by stanze | May 13, 2013, 8:36 AM
  17. Just like any other weekend then ;)
    The Boxers always need Monday to recover from the weekend x.

Posted by shacklefordlb | May 13, 2013, 9:22 AM
  18. Nice weekend was had by all! Dad visited our foster cat Leo and learned how to feed him through his feeding tube. Mom is getting ready for Blog Paws and we will bring Leo home next week.

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | May 13, 2013, 9:24 AM
  19. Awwww….all pictures are lovely!!!! I’m so jealous that your family has a really good relationship each other!
    We enjoyed our weekend, too! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | May 13, 2013, 9:34 AM
  20. Over the weekend I wazza purrpondering why the weekend must end :)

Posted by Guido Basolo | May 13, 2013, 9:53 AM
  21. Now isn’t that the truth about Monday’s! We had a fantastic weekend filled with hikes and a Mother’s Day dinner. Looks like you had a fun weekend too- such lovely pictures! You all look like you get along so well :)

Posted by The Love of a Dog | May 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
  22. What a busy weekend! We took lots of walk because it was cloudy and cool-ish often – gotta get out while you can!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | May 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
  23. Me and Mama and Nalle helped out our Uncle who broke his foot. We gave him lots of licks too! Ku

Posted by Julianne Victoria | May 13, 2013, 11:19 AM
  24. We supervised our human cleaning, but she wouldn’t let us supervise her cutting up the neighbor’s tree that fell down in our back yard!

Posted by Bernadette | May 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
  25. Yup. It was pretty much the same around here – but without the cats. I hid from the lawn guys (after I yelled at them for a while) and I begged for treats. A lot.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | May 13, 2013, 12:20 PM
  26. Actually, I like Mondays better than used car salesmen, but that’s a different issue. Sounds like you kids had a great weekend!

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | May 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
  27. It sounds like your weekend was a success! We had walks and car rides, two of our favorite things!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | May 13, 2013, 1:08 PM
  28. Sleeping and absorbing Granny’s stress ;)

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | May 13, 2013, 1:15 PM
  29. It wouldn’t be the weekend…or any other day, really, if Eko didn’t try to sneak some treats!

Posted by Will and Eko | May 13, 2013, 1:34 PM
  30. Wow, sounds so much like my weekend…but I also got a shower and grooming. Mama did my nails and even gave me a bum trim…so long tail feathers! Now I’m a rumpy dog like you!

Posted by wigglebuttryker | May 13, 2013, 2:22 PM
  31. Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great Monday.

Posted by Sheba's life story. | May 13, 2013, 3:30 PM
  32. Hope you got those cookies, Rumpy! We had some fun walks but mostly just hung together as a pack:)

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | May 13, 2013, 3:37 PM
  33. Awwwww looks like you all had a lovely and loving weekend! Yay! take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | May 13, 2013, 3:39 PM
  34. Adorable pictures!

Posted by teddyandtottie | May 13, 2013, 3:39 PM
  35. I begged for cookies this weekend as well! Looks like y’all had a restful weekend!

Posted by BunkThePug | May 13, 2013, 4:49 PM
  36. I did take a nap like June Buggie. Plus some other not so fun stuff… like deal with plumbing issues.

Posted by Ann "Paws" Staub | May 13, 2013, 5:29 PM
  37. You all surely do KNOW how to relax !

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | May 13, 2013, 6:29 PM
  38. We took naps in sunbeams and got to lick the butter off the tops of OurPeople’s grilled cheese sandwiches! Good times!!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | May 13, 2013, 7:54 PM
  39. It seems like you had a very restful weekend. What did you all for your mom?

Posted by BJ Pup | May 13, 2013, 8:46 PM
  40. Sounds lovely fur kids! you were all very busy being very busy :) Doc and Fozzie got excited over big fruit trees arriving…so much sniffing and peeking and sniffing :)

Posted by fozziemum | May 14, 2013, 1:59 AM
  41. Sounds like an eventful weekend! We had cookie begging going on here too. And since we had really nice weather this weekend (finally) we spent a lot of time playing outdoors.

Posted by ILoveDogs | May 14, 2013, 9:56 AM
  42. This looks like the best weekend! I think that’s what we’re going to do this coming weekend :)

Posted by Ruby | May 14, 2013, 11:52 AM
  43. That’s a lot of gorgeousness in one weekend :)

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | May 15, 2013, 5:18 AM
  44. Everyone is so sweet, glad the weekend was lovely. I love the background.

Posted by Valentine Logar | May 15, 2013, 7:51 AM
  45. pretty similar to our place! ‘cept we also got a RUN in — plenty of rabbit, prairie-dog, and lizard-chasing!

Posted by betunada | May 15, 2013, 11:33 AM

1. Pingback: What I Did This Weekend | Catgurl40's Blog - May 14, 2013

What would you like to add to the conversation? Leave a comment below!

Want to get regular email from Rumpydog? Then follow me by email!

For throwback Thursday- ran across this recently. Hard to believe it's been 3 years since Sage left us and that DeSe is gone. Now it's just me. *sigh*

about.me

Rumpy Dog

Rumpy Dog

All About Me!

Hi! My name is Rumpy, and I am an Alaskan Malamute. I used to live in Middle Tennessee, but now my family and I reside in southeast Alabama. I have this cool blog that I started in 2011. Here at rumpydog.com we talk about all things animal, with a focus on animal welfare and responsible animal companion guardianship. But we also like to throw in a heaping helping of cute! cute! cute! I mean, how could you look at me and not melt, right?

My story? Well, I was found on the side of a busy street. Jenny thought she would help me find my home, but nobody claimed me. So now I live with her. She's a pretty good ole' gal, but she is mighty stingy with the dog cookies. *sigh*

There are also some cats- they each have their own story. June Buggie is their chief spokesperson. He is 16 years old, crotchety, and not afraid to say what's on his mind.

All writings and photos are the copyright property of Jenny Threet (unless the writer is a guest blogger, in which case it is the property of that guest blogger) and may not be used without permission.

You can contact me at rumpydog@hotmail.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.