Beauty From the Inside Out!

Oh Dog! DeDe here.

photo (3)

Do you see me as beautiful? Or will Rumpy always be the star of this show?

Today I have an important tip for all of you. Beauty is NOT synonymous with self-worth.

In 2013, young girls are still being conditioned to view their worth by their beauty.

And why not? Beautiful people tend to make higher salaries. They are less likely to be found guilty in a court of law.

And like attracts like.  A study of friendships among women found that many of you choose friendships based on similar attractiveness.

Last year, CNN did a series on how we see beauty, and they found that babies respond more to symmetrical faces, those that we consider beautiful. We also know that those with asymmetrical faces are more likely to come from “difficult or deprived” backgrounds.

In other words, those who are beautiful are more likely to have easier lives, and those people tend to stick together.

But is beauty synonymous with worth?

photo (4)

On what do you base your worth?

That is a choice you have to make. If you only value people you find to be physically attractive, then you are missing out on a vast array of interesting people, both male and female.

If you see your own worth as based on your beauty, then you must know your worth will only continue to fade.

Perhaps it’s time to find another way to determine how humans value one another, particularly women.

About these ads

29 thoughts on “Beauty From the Inside Out!

1. IMO your beautiful and no beauty does not determine self worth. Beauty on the inside makes you who you are and that in itself, determines your self-worth. :)

Posted by Bren | July 14, 2013, 8:23 AM
  2. You are very beautiful because you know who you are!

Posted by askfisher | July 14, 2013, 8:34 AM
  3. DeDe how could you not be beautiful! ..what a sad way to view our worth from either a physical or financial viewpoint..i would much rather be interesting,quirky and slightly left of centre…because that will last my life time :)
    Big hugs to you DeDe XX

Posted by fozziemum | July 14, 2013, 8:43 AM
  4. Look at that precious and beautiful face. I’ve known too many people (and dogs) who are beautiful on the outside but truly ugly in ever other way to ever judge by appearance alone.

Posted by Lisa A. Kramer | July 14, 2013, 9:10 AM
  5. My grand granny had a saying: you can’t eat from a beautiful bowl when nothing is inside :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 14, 2013, 9:16 AM
  6. DeDe I think you are beauwoooowoooootiful! Wooooooo! Ku

Posted by Julianne Victoria | July 14, 2013, 9:23 AM
  7. DeDe, you are a star in your own right. People may think that Rumpy is the star because the name of the blog is Rumpy.

You have a beautiful heart and soul.

Posted by BJ Pup | July 14, 2013, 10:03 AM
  8. I think that real beauty is made of its experience, of its aura and its mind. That is why you’re so beautiful DeDe! :)

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 14, 2013, 10:04 AM
  9. Reblogged this on Vegan Lynx.

Posted by CrimsonCorundum | July 14, 2013, 10:18 AM
  10. you are beautiful too, not to worry… lots of us prefers blond ;-)

Posted by agatapokutycka | July 14, 2013, 10:52 AM
  11. So, so true, DeDe! Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom!

Posted by meowmeowmans | July 14, 2013, 11:30 AM
  12. I learned long ago beauty is fleeting. What makes a person beautiful is how they treat others.

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | July 14, 2013, 11:59 AM
  13. Sad but true in our society especially, the beautiful ones have it easier, but the others seem to often have the better lives.

Posted by Emmadog | July 14, 2013, 12:35 PM
  14. Blind people see beauty quite differently!

Posted by CATachresis | July 14, 2013, 3:49 PM
  15. RC says asymmetrical rules ( and dares anyone to say otherwise.)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | July 14, 2013, 4:44 PM
  16. Excellent message, DeDe. Let’s hope people take it to heart. I do.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | July 14, 2013, 5:23 PM
  17. Dear DeDe, you are so wise. I wish I’d known this at 20. Now I’m twice that, and don’t worry too much about the value of my looks or not, I’m twice as happy :)

Posted by EllaDee | July 14, 2013, 8:54 PM
  18. Beauty is from inside. Beauty on the outside can change with age or some other cause, but what comes out from within is pure. You are beautiful no matter what and so is Rumpy.

Posted by mary markley | July 14, 2013, 11:55 PM
  19. Great post – did not know that beautiful people get it easier in courts of law :) The older I get, the less I care about physical beauty. And having dogs has opened my eyes to a completely different type of beauty – beauty that arises from being loving, forgiving, joyful and present. Dogs are the most beautiful thing in the world to me because of those qualities.

Posted by humanrescuesdog | July 15, 2013, 2:53 AM
  20. I like people that have character about them. My grandpa has worker hands but makes sure he handles himself like a gentleman. Same thing with Hippo. Not just “beauty” but not letting yourself go either. Just taking care of yourself decently, but not conforming. You know? I love the way you write DeDe! ;)

Posted by LifeOfBun | July 15, 2013, 12:41 PM
  21. Excellent and hopefully a thought-provoking post. Beauty is so much more than what you see. It’s who we are and how we are to others. And DeDe, you are beautiful inside and out!

Posted by fivesibesmom | July 16, 2013, 10:50 AM
  22. DeDe you have the sweetest most soulful eyes!!! You are definitely a beauty in your own right!!!!
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue too.

Posted by Nylabluesmum | July 16, 2013, 12:46 PM
  23. DeDe you are so beautiful…truely beautiful. Hugs Ceri x

Posted by heysugarsugar | July 19, 2013, 3:04 AM

1. Pingback: The Friday 5: What I've Loved This Week - Human Rescues Dog - July 19, 2013

Our #christmas tree!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.