Wordless Wednesday

Some Things Just Boggle the Mind!

So yesterday Jen is driving down the highway to do a home visit, and guess what she saw? A sign advertising puppies for sale.

But these are not just ANY puppies! These are a breed of dog she hasn’t heard of before!

Do you want to buy a dog from someone that can't even get the breed right?

Hmmmmm….. I wonder what kinda dog this is?

So she decided to share with you another sign she sees every day on her way to work. She took this on the way home, so it’s kinda dark….. AND she needs to clean her windshield!

021

This guy is exploiting undomesticated cats to make himself look big and bad.

Yep, that’s a wild cat he has standing on his shoulders. He has other billboards with the cat in other poses as well.

I think it’s safe to say we would NEVER buy a vehicle from this dealership.

You know, when you open your eyes to the ways animals are exploited, it’s easy to see it all around you.

In other news, we had another break in at our house yesterday while Jen was at work.

011

Uh oh! someone stole a scrubbing pad!

That HAS to be what happened, because who among us would chew open a box of scrubbing pads?

014

What a sneaky thief! He dropped this on the back porch, most likely while making his escape.

Some things just boggle the mind…….

About these ads

52 thoughts on “Some Things Just Boggle the Mind!

1. Our Eich was a Rottweiler..at least I think he was..perhaps I was wrong…I have also heard of the Rockwelter and Rockwheeler…god bless him he was a beautiful boy no matter what breed..i worry about the care factor of the owner if they don’t know the name of the breed……just saying

Posted by fozziemum | November 20, 2013, 5:54 AM
  2. No, I’m sure, none of you would ever steal a scrubbing pad. It’s the chewing gum of the really tough dog.

Posted by stanze | November 20, 2013, 5:56 AM
  3. Sad that the human breeding Rockweilers is too illiterate to get a job and uses innocent dogs to make money.

Posted by kimhardy327 | November 20, 2013, 6:05 AM
  4. So sad and silly. I read a sign which I wish I had taken a pic of where someone was selling

“ginney pigs, 3 colour cavees”

I believe they meant tri colour guinea pig which are cavies or three guinea pigs. It’s difficult to tell. I hate to think someone who cannot even spell guinea pigs breeding them when breeding is so very dangerous.

~ Amy

Posted by hutchagoodlife | November 20, 2013, 6:21 AM
  5. I do not judge people who buy pets from breeders, however, I think there are way too many cats and dogs at shelters that need a good home and I would not feel right abandoning those in need and paying money to a breeder so they can continue what they are doing, thus depriving more shelter animals from good homes. That may be the longest sentence I ever wrote. :)

Posted by Charles Huss | November 20, 2013, 6:43 AM
  6. Hope the dogs aren’t really Rocker :o) I agree with you, I wouldn’t buy a car there… ahmmmm and “bob40″ means he is 40 years old (the 26.th time), right? Who is the guy who likes scrubbing pads?

Posted by easyweimaraner | November 20, 2013, 7:17 AM
  7. Love your post today as always Rumpster! And hmmm, wonder who got into those scrubby pads? LOL

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | November 20, 2013, 7:41 AM
  8. Oh dear. What are those!!! Rockweiller? Are they a new AKC breed? This should be breaking news!

By the way, thank you for dropping by our blog and checking us out. It was an awful week for the Filipinos. Most of the ones affected by the typhoon is now slowly rebuilding their lives.

Posted by haopee2 | November 20, 2013, 7:48 AM
  9. The sign of the first picture reminds me the story of ” Snoopy” written by Charles Monroe Schulz …..

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 20, 2013, 8:30 AM
  10. Eating scrubbing pads, now that is an achievement!

Posted by OhMelvin | November 20, 2013, 9:18 AM
  11. That scrubbing pad thing..definitely the work of a cat and I know you have a cat!

Posted by Emmadog | November 20, 2013, 9:27 AM
  12. The culprit will be easy to spot, their teeth will be sparking clean hehehe:-)

Posted by Misaki | November 20, 2013, 10:27 AM
  13. Oh dog Rumpy! You better protect from those burglars! Woooooowooooooo!

Posted by Kuruk | November 20, 2013, 11:02 AM
  14. Oh Nasty, a scrubbing pad? That has to be toxic!

Posted by wigglebuttryker | November 20, 2013, 11:43 AM
  15. S.O.D.!! Ugh! That guy makes trouble everywhere he goes! I certainly hope you’re not getting blamed, R.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | November 20, 2013, 3:27 PM
  16. I bet a Rockweiler would eat a scrubbing pad, anyways, the truth will out ;)

Posted by EllaDee | November 20, 2013, 5:23 PM
  17. We think that same robber visits our house every now and then too:)

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by The OP Pack | November 20, 2013, 7:12 PM
  18. Rockweiler… wow. Obviously not a reputable breeder.

Intersting choice for a chew toy, there Rumpy. Yuck!

Posted by ILoveDogs | November 20, 2013, 7:56 PM
  19. What da KAT iz a Rockweiler??? Sumbody iz not too smart…me n Mum had a guud laff over diz sine. Da Bob cat hu’Man iz stoopid n we wuud not buy a car frum him at all…we do not like when any animalz are xploited to make money….
    As fer da Brillo Bandit…hmmm diz iz suspishuss fer shure!!! ;)
    Lub Nylablue xx

Posted by Nylabluesmum | November 20, 2013, 8:51 PM
  20. hahahaha too funny

Posted by MilliandBustasmum | November 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
  21. A rockweiler is a rottweiler that can play the guitar.

Posted by Barney the Corgi | November 20, 2013, 11:17 PM
  22. I saw an ad on an online classified ad web site that was offering “Weenie Puppies”

I didn’t call, since I was looking for a female, and had to assume they were all male. :-)

Posted by ntexas99 | November 21, 2013, 12:34 AM
  23. one of my sons suggested putting a scrubbing pad in a small hole in my garage wall to ward off rodents, but clearly that doesn’t work, based on your photos … thankfully, the other son suggested installing a small metal plate over both sides of the hole, and even showed up with his screw gun in hand … guess I’m glad I went with Option 2.

Posted by ntexas99 | November 21, 2013, 12:37 AM
  24. If you can’t spell the breed … how good a breeder can you be??

Posted by Teepee12 | November 21, 2013, 1:01 AM
  25. Of all the NERVE! THAT’S ONE WEIRD THIEF!

Posted by hairballexpress | November 21, 2013, 1:43 AM
  26. Rockweiler? Wow. I wonder what the combo is there? LOL!
    Sad though to see these signs. The owner of the St Paul Petland sits on a stool over by my mother’s house and advertises puppies and kitties. No joke. Just makes me so mad. Guess he’s been losing business since the protests started and he’s desperate.

Re: the second sign – isn’t that a domesticated housecoat on his shoulders? Not sure why that would be an issue if it is his own cat. Hard to tell from the picture on my phone.

Posted by Mel | November 21, 2013, 3:30 AM
  27. I think they’re for people who want really rock hard Rotties!

Posted by Clowie | November 21, 2013, 4:29 AM
  28. P.S. I suppose they could be musical Rotties, BOL!

Posted by Clowie | November 21, 2013, 4:29 AM
  29. funny…but, ‘labradoodles’ are worse

Posted by Jo Bryant | November 21, 2013, 11:49 AM
    • When Jen was a kid, her old aunt called her brother’s penis a doodle (when changing his diaper, so don’t get upset!). So whenver I see that breed…. however it’s spelled….. I laugh!

Posted by rumpydog | November 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
      • Oh that is hilarious. I used to call them diddles for some obscure reason. Now when I see a labradoodle I am soooo going to have trouble not roaring with laughter…thanks Rumpy…that story made me laugh so hard I spilled my coffee

Posted by Jo Bryant | November 21, 2013, 12:59 PM
  30. Breeding should become illegal, as long as animals lose their lives in shelter around the world, for me this is not up for discussion, I have no understanding for those who buys animals from breeders, shops and co.!!!!

Posted by buffybuffers | November 21, 2013, 12:11 PM

Who's a good #dog? I am! #dogs #dogsofinstagram #alaskanmalamute #malamute #cute #gooddog

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.