‘Tails’ of Friendship

Today is Friendship Day!  Happy Friendship Day to all my friends that live inside the Internet!

To celebrate, I will tell you about Me and DeDe’s best friends!

DEDE and BUBBA

This is DeDe with Bubba cat.  Jen teases Bubba by saying he’s a boy with his dog.  So what led to this friendship?  Bubba was best friends with Lucky, our black lab who has since gone to Rainbow Bridge.  Lucky had a disability and Jen thought Bubba saw himself in a caretaker role.

When Lucky left us Jen wondered what Bubba would do.  It didn’t take long for him to take up with DeDe.  She also has special needs, so Bubba now takes care of her.  DeDe says she just tolerates Bubba, but I know better!

ME and LITTLE GIRL

This is my bestest kitty Little Girl.  She loves me.  We met when she was a feral kitty whose mama brought her up to eat.  Jen tried to trap the mama to get her spayed and instead trapped Little Girl.  At first she was going to release her but then noticed a large gash on Little Girl’s side, so she took her to the vet to get her stitched up and spayed.

I guess Little Girl was grateful because after that she would come up and let Jen touch her and she didn’t act afraid of me.  Now she lives inside with me!

Who is YOUR best friend?

12 thoughts on “‘Tails’ of Friendship

1. Great post Rumpy my friend!!

Posted by Bassas Blog | August 7, 2011, 4:11 AM
  2. Rumpy! You and DeDe have cat friends that match your furs! That’s really neato!!

Posted by Annabelle Essert | August 7, 2011, 4:40 AM
  3. Rumpy, you’re great! and all of your family, too!!!

Posted by eripanwkevin | August 7, 2011, 4:51 AM
  4. Awwww, I’m all warm and fuzzy now. Thanks, Rumpy. Great post on friendship.

Posted by Cathy Thorneycroft Graham | August 7, 2011, 6:39 AM
  5. Awww! I love when different species of animals can make the best of friends. After all, sometimes I think my best friend is my dog. So why can’t cats and dogs also make for great pals? Thank you for sharing your friendships! It’s such a great thing to celebrate.

Posted by Kristine | August 7, 2011, 7:27 AM
  6. Lovely post Rumpy! Our cat Molly pretends not to love Cass (Germany shepherd) but when things get scary she has to curl up close by. Happy friendship day to you all.

Posted by Jo. Smith (smallfruitbat) | August 7, 2011, 7:33 AM

Lazing on a rainy afternoon #catsofig #cats #caturday #gingercat #blackcat #lazy