Buggie Be Good! (with apologies to Chuck Berry)

Oh Dog! I have been working on my poetry lately. We’re gonna have our Micropoetry Challenge Friday, but I got a little carried away and ended up writing a longer poem. So I decided to share it with you today.

A reminder that micropoetry, also known as Twitter poetry, is poetry consisting of 140 characters or less.

Anyway, have you ever heard of a song called Johnny B. Goode? Well here’s my take on that song:

There is a town called Murfreesboro, Tennessee,
Where lives a famous bloggin’ dog, what would be me.
But also living in this household is a cat
That causes lots of trouble wherever he’s at.
He thinks there is no limit to what he can do
And he doesn’t care if his actions make Jenny blue.
No! No! No, Buggie, No!
Oh no! No, Buggie, No!
I said No! No, Buggie, No!
No! No, Buggie, No!
Dog No! *sigh* Buggie be good!

45 thoughts on “Buggie Be Good! (with apologies to Chuck Berry)

1. I like the poem! πŸ˜€

Power of the Paw to the kitties… hope they can find a furever home soon!

xo
    Luna

Posted by Luna | October 3, 2011, 1:04 AM
  2. MOL! Love the adaptation Rumpy. Although based on the photo is poor Buggie being maligned here? πŸ˜‰

Posted by NualaSiamese | October 3, 2011, 1:08 AM
  3. MOL ! Brilliant Rumpy ! You did it again !

PS : I hope these two kitties find a forever home soon. β™₯

Posted by chabichou | October 3, 2011, 2:48 AM
  4. How funny you are, Rumpy!!! You always make us laugh! Thanks!!! I loved the song. Poor June Buggie though…*sniff sniff*
    I do hope that those feral kitties are able to find their lovely forever home before long. *paws crossed* Here, I send energy to them. Woof.

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 3, 2011, 3:33 AM
  5. That is so cute.. I hope those kitties find someone to love them before winter comes along.. Hugs GJ xx

Posted by Ginger jasper | October 3, 2011, 4:40 AM
  6. poem was too funny!

About the kitties, do you have a TNR in your area?

Posted by CarenOsrinGittleman (@CatChatCaren) | October 3, 2011, 4:48 AM
  7. Great poem! I think JB sings a song similar about me! Anyway, just to let you know – JB’s got to take some time off (see Housekeeping Notes on her blog). She’ll still be here to read and rate posts but for the most part she’ll be be in the background. In other words – here but not here. That goes for me too. Take care – see you soon! MEOW!

-Signed Sienna the Cat >^..^<

Posted by EvilPoet | October 3, 2011, 7:14 AM
  8. Thats awesome – I didnt know about that.

I also like the poem – I might just have to participate – cool idea

Posted by Kari | October 3, 2011, 7:15 AM
  9. Love it. Parody is one of my favs. πŸ˜€

Posted by Sheri | October 3, 2011, 7:35 AM
  10. Grate toon, we iz dansin!

Posted by Pandafur | October 3, 2011, 7:45 AM
  11. Very clever!
    Love,
    Payton

Posted by Payton | October 3, 2011, 8:43 AM
  12. This is so creative, and really made me smile. I love it, great job!

Posted by Julie Flanders | October 3, 2011, 1:41 PM
  13. Love the poem, and the video just myt favourite Rumpy πŸ™‚

Posted by β™‘ The Tale Of My Heart β™‘ | October 3, 2011, 3:08 PM
  14. I liked your try!
    Pff..I don’t know whether I’d be able of making such a poetry piece like you did!

Chuck Berry, great!
    Murfreesboro, so you do live there? Part of “Nashville metropolitan area” I guess. Can’t remember, but I think that I’d already heard about your city ¬¬ strange!
    Have a nicenice day!

Posted by Javi&Palace | October 3, 2011, 5:25 PM
  15. Teehee! Very cute! πŸ˜‰

Woofs & hugs, ❀

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Posted by Bailey | October 3, 2011, 9:24 PM
  16. We Berners are curious, Mr. Rumpy Dog. This here line:
    “…cat that causes lots of trouble wherever he’s at.”

Now, we’re looking at the very sweet picture of him, and wonder if that’s really true?!

Woof! We like all the members of your family! x

Posted by Moxie Reviewsβ„’ | October 3, 2011, 9:40 PM
  17. so creative! I had no idea what micropoetry was..

Posted by Rach | October 3, 2011, 10:51 PM
  18. Mwahaha! How do you do this, Rumps? You are one wordsmith!:)

Posted by tita buds | October 4, 2011, 12:21 AM
  19. Nice one Rumpy! I have written a micro poem for you πŸ™‚

My friend Rumpy
    Is never grumpy.

He makes me smile
    More than once
    In a while.

He is kind
    And so clever.

We are friends,
    Forever and ever.

Posted by Bassas Blog | October 4, 2011, 12:59 AM
  20. I like both the song and the poem. πŸ™‚

Posted by ElizOF | October 4, 2011, 3:48 AM
  21. Loved the June Buggie song/poem, Rumpy! It was really fun!

Posted by Cathy Thorneycroft Graham | October 4, 2011, 4:51 AM
  22. Cool poem Rumpy. I might have to write one about Scratchy. -Bongo

Posted by BongoDogOwner | October 4, 2011, 5:55 PM
  23. Enjoyed your take on the Song πŸ™‚ Very Good… πŸ™‚

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | April 3, 2012, 3:56 AM

1. Pingback: An Oldie But a Goodie! « rumpydog - April 3, 2012

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.