So Ya Wanna Be a Vet?

Oh Dog!  I found this cool blog thanks to the good folks that sponsor the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop (Life With DogsTwo Little Cavaliers, and Confessions of the Plume).

This anonymous blogger draws cartoons about what it’s like to be a vet.  I love the strips because they show where idealism meets reality.

I contacted the blogger and asked if I could showcase some of her work and got a yes!  So here are three strips from When I Grow Up I Want to Be a Vet.

Even if you’re not a vet, you gotta check out this blog.  You’re gonna love it!

36 thoughts on “So Ya Wanna Be a Vet?

1. I’m so glad that vet gets to be rewarded. How much fun to spend all your holidays and weekends with us animals.

Posted by Bongo | December 29, 2011, 1:11 AM
  2. Yes vets do a wonderful job and I applaud them but here in the UK I feel they are over expensive,they know we love our animals and we will of course pay anything for them even if as some do not, have no insurance and have to scrape the money together . We have mostly had insurance but the couple of times we have been caught short we have paid no quibbles as our pet is our responsibility and we love them …. So sorry slight gripe there !! I am without pet just now.

Posted by willowdot21 | December 29, 2011, 1:32 AM
  3. Great cartoons 🙂

Posted by Bassas Blog | December 29, 2011, 2:46 AM
  4. Gud deal! AI will chek it owt! Ai liek cartoons!

Posted by Mr. Bob Buttons (@MrBobButtons) | December 29, 2011, 3:31 AM
  5. These cartoons are very interesting. I think that being vet is really tough because we don’t have the same language as humans have and can’t tell our symptoms properly. Plus vets shouldn’t be emotional even if the animals are suffering or they can’t make a right decision to give treatments. OMD! They have to be mentally strong! I admire them! Woo woo!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | December 29, 2011, 3:37 AM
  6. Thanks you for sharing they iz funny cartoons

Posted by pandafur | December 29, 2011, 7:57 AM
  7. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your dog is adorable as is the cat pillow on your bed 🙂

Paula

Posted by Paula Miller | December 29, 2011, 8:39 AM
  8. I was the same when I was a kid! But I chose another study. 😦

Posted by Dianda | December 29, 2011, 8:52 AM
  9. Thanks for sharing a new blog with us, Rumpy! I’ll bet she’s a fantastic vet!

Posted by Lindy MacDuff | December 29, 2011, 9:07 AM
  10. How cute! I know I love my vets so much!
    Love,
    Payton

Posted by Payton | December 29, 2011, 9:23 AM
  11. Thanks for passing that along. Definitely a site to check out!

Posted by Kirsten | December 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
  12. Will have to read more of those. Sister-in-law is a vet. It’s hard, not just the hours, but many times people neglect animals – or wait so late what was a little problem is now a huge/very expensive one…and some people expect vets to be able to fix almost anything – and for free. It is emotionally very hard…but on her ranch, there’s always room for one more abandoned animal in dire straits…and when we know someone who has a pet vacancy, she knows a pet looking for a home. Paws up for vets!!!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | December 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
  13. So endearing! My vet could definitely relate to the last square as she drives through storms for large animal farm visits!

Posted by granbee | December 29, 2011, 12:21 PM
  14. this post is awesome… I am glad we have a vet who help us to understand more in terms of our pets welfare…

Posted by willofheart | December 29, 2011, 4:33 PM
  15. Great cartoons! Our local vets are amazingly dedicated and work very long hours, and I wouldn’t be without them. But my cocker spaniel puppy Lucy would probably disagree because from her perspective they always want to poke around in her ears or stick needles in her!

Posted by Erika Price | December 29, 2011, 5:09 PM
  16. Rumpy! Thise are cool! Me is going to has to go and has a look!
    thanks for sharing.
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | December 29, 2011, 5:34 PM
  17. Very cool.

Have a good new year.

Posted by CHo Meir | December 29, 2011, 6:20 PM
  18. Cute cartoon Rumpy! 3 cheers for Veterinarians!

Posted by ErzulieRedEyesArtandSpirit | December 30, 2011, 4:07 AM
  19. Awww… I felt bad for whoever was working at the emergency vet hospital in our neighborhood Christmas day and night. Kudos to all vets out there for the hard work they do.

Posted by lillythecat | December 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
  20. Aww! Thanks all of you! (((hugs)))

Posted by Yay Pets | January 1, 2012, 6:31 PM

Lazing on a rainy afternoon #catsofig #cats #caturday #gingercat #blackcat #lazy