Introducing Benny Wrinklebottom!

Oh Dog! Today’s guest is a fellow blogger.  Benny Wrinklebottom started out in a not-so-good home, but now he has a great one!  Score one more for rescue!!!!  Anyway, let’s let him tell you his story, so give a warm welcome to Benny!!!!

Benny:  My gosh, I am so nervous (puts paws on blushing cheeks) to be interviewed by a world-renowned journalist like yourself. I follow all your columns and yearn to have your celebrity status one day.

Rumpy:  *blush* Thanks Benny! I’m sure you will be!  How about you tell us a little about you?

Benny:  My name is Benny H. Wrinklebottom and I am a 10 month old boxer rescue from Vancouver BC.  I used to live in a really bad home where they did drugs and had 8 boxers in a tiny 700 sqft duplex.

Rumpy:  Oh Dog!  That sounds like a rough life!

Benny:  I was the little guy and often spent my days hiding away and afraid. I only have sight in my one eye cause people didn’t take care of the issue early. Then when I was about 6 months old, my new family took me away and I got to go for my first walk and move into a nice clean home where I get lots of love and attention. At first I was a scared of a lot of things but now I am braver than Bruce Lee. I love going to the dog park and for jungle walks with my parents. When I grow up I might be a Rap Star or a Food Quality Inspector, so hard to decide.

Rumpy:  Maybe you can be both!  Tell us about your wonderful new family.

Benny:  I love my new family a lot cause they give me love, play with me and give me great toys. There are some issues though (lowers voice…eyeballs the room to ensure no one is listening). I’m gonna share with you some things that my humans probably don’t want you to know. Number 1- they are hoarders.

Rumpy:  Oh Dog!!!!

Benny:  They keep vast amounts of food in the cupboards and fridge and only rarely do they share with me (which I find terribly rude.)

Rumpy:  The nerve!!!!

Benny:  Number 2- they hold my food hostage in a bucket and only feed me twice a day. Number 3- they manipulate me to do things that I don’t like to do such as holding a piece of cheese up and forcing me to “sit….stay…come.”

Rumpy:  Jen does that too!  How can humans get away with that?  Well, anyway, let’s talk about something more pleasant- treats!!!

Benny:  I hope you have a few hours to discuss my favorites treats…let me start with Filet Mignon…hold on one second please…(turns to face mama) mama this is my time to shine… Rumpy asked the question now I need to answer…..Sorry Rumpy…Mama says to only name three so here they are: Peanut Butter, Cheese and Sausage Rolls (wipes drool from jowls).

Rumpy:  I’ll take all four please!  Now tell us how to find you on social media.

Benny:  I am learning how to use social media. I have a Facebook and Twitter account and am lucky to have found many friends and I also have a blog on wordpress about being a rescue dog extraordinaire.  I yearn so much for a smart phone so I can always be in touch with my online friends but my humans say until I get a job to pay my own bills I am SOL (whatever that means).

Rumpy:  I stole Jen’s and use it.  Now, one more question for fun.  If you was a dinosaur, what kind would ya be?

Benny:  Funny you should ask about what Dinosaur I would like to be. Just they other day, I told Mama I wanted to be a dinosaur when I grew up and she said that was not a good idea cause whose gonna clean up the mess and buy the dinosaur food. Considering that, I would like to be a little dinosaur who eats vegetables (maybe some peanut butter too) and doesn’t ​make too much mess so I choose……..LESOTHOSAURUS so that I can still live with my humans.

Rumpy:  Awesome!  Well thanks so much for being my guest today, and everybody go check out Benny’s blog- Benny Wrinklebottom!

I am a malamute that was rescued by Jen. I blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com. You can follow me on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE my Facebook page! Thanks!

59 thoughts on “Introducing Benny Wrinklebottom!

1. So glad you have a loving home now. Love, love love your name. Cocoa Puff accuses me of hoarding her food too but us Moms have to ration your food or you would eat till you burst and then who would have to clean up the mess, hmm.

Posted by Bobbie & Cocoa Puff (@CHOCLABLOVER) | January 26, 2012, 1:22 AM
  2. So cute! He’s very funny too. I’m going to take a look at his blog.
    Have a very nice day Rumpy 🙂

Posted by Bluejellybeans | January 26, 2012, 1:26 AM
  3. Jägermeister wasn’t on the treat list??

Posted by Anne Schilde | January 26, 2012, 2:04 AM
  4. Wow – a bad experience for you at your first home, sorry to hear you lost sight in one eye because of their negligence.
    I’m so glad you got a fur-ever home with super loving parents who will look after your properly! You have a gorgeous face if I may say so!

Posted by barb19 | January 26, 2012, 2:19 AM
  5. Austin feels a kindred spirit over the sausage roll. If he could say Fillet Mignon, he would be right there with you. Great interview, Rumpy. Your international journalistic reputation is growing! Will check out Benny and his wrinkled bottom soonest 🙂

Posted by Carolyn | January 26, 2012, 2:29 AM
  6. What a gorgeous pup, and nice to hear about some happiness after a sad start. Off to visit right now 🙂

Posted by pippadogblog | January 26, 2012, 2:49 AM
  7. I just laughed my head off reading that – what an adorable little dog Benny is! I love the fact that he can’t decide between rap star and food quality controller when he grows up.

Glad you have a lovely home with lots of treats now, Benny 🙂 Gorgeous!

Posted by The Book Whisperer | January 26, 2012, 3:19 AM
  8. Oh Lovely Benny, how sad story you lived but I am glad you are happy with your new family. You are so lovely one, kisses and hugs for you too 🙂

Thank you dear Rumpy, you are so nice and I am crazy with your interviews…
    Blessing and Happiness for you all,
    (don’t forget to tell my greetings and love for dear Jenny too!)

Posted by niasunset | January 26, 2012, 3:54 AM
  9. Hi Benny! *waves paw* It’s nice to meet you! I’m so glad that you could get out of the bad home! How sweet your new family is! Wow! You’re braver than Bruce Lee! Mom and me used to be a big fan of him! Heehee… 🙂
    *drools* Cheese, Peanut butter and Sausage roll…..Could I come over there? 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | January 26, 2012, 4:53 AM
  10. Hi Benny!!!! So glad u have good home 🙂 my hoomans hoard food too, and it is very rude! Thanks for bringing attention to. I follow u on Twitter so we can be pals. I love ur name.

Posted by maggie68d | January 26, 2012, 5:07 AM
  11. I’m in lovee! Benny is so adorable!

Posted by Dianda | January 26, 2012, 6:33 AM
  12. Ai liek this Benny guy…only dont come arown heer b’cuz mai mom luvs that goggie face & Ai wud B so jellus if she givved u her kisses. Ok, hoo cud help but luv a story liek that? Always gud 2 heer of reskyooed anipals. Meks mai day!

Posted by Mr. BobButtons Michael | January 26, 2012, 7:57 AM
  13. Welcome Benny! You are so cute! Glad you are safe and happy. – DogDaz

Posted by dogdaz | January 26, 2012, 8:09 AM
  14. What a wonderful story Benny. We’re so happy you were rescued by your new parents and are living the life you deserve to live! We think your name is WAY WAY cool too….My Mom calls me Sammy Fuzzbottom sometimes – what is it with humans and bottoms anyway??? Well, it was fun getting to know you. Sorry about your eye but I just bet you’re so happy you don’t even notice that! Stay healthy and happy.

Sammy (and his Mom)

Posted by onespoiledcat | January 26, 2012, 8:17 AM
  15. Welcome to Blogville Benny. You did an excellent job with your interview questions. Glad that your life turned totally around.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | January 26, 2012, 8:19 AM
  16. Ohai Benny its nice to meetchew! You iz luckee to haz a grate noo home accept Iz sorry they duz make you do tings bafore you gets treetz an stuff.

Posted by Pandafur | January 26, 2012, 8:23 AM
  17. Show us your wrinkly bottom! well maybe not.. loved hangin.. TonTon

Posted by ceciliag | January 26, 2012, 8:41 AM
  18. Thank You everybody for your kind words (chases tail in celebration). If i have an opportunity to break into my treat box later….i will share my yum yum’s with all of you.

Thank You Rumpy for being my friend and the best puppy journalist in the world. I have decided to knight you for your journalistic contributions to the world….Introducing Sir. Rumpy T. Drummond

Posted by bennywrinklebottom | January 26, 2012, 8:58 AM
  19. Benny, you have inspired me to have an intervention with my parents. They too are food hoarders! Hehee!
    Love,
    Payton

Posted by Payton | January 26, 2012, 9:29 AM
  20. I love him… beautiful dog!!! Glad he has a home! Any dog in sunglasses with jager is a buddy of mine… just sayin.

Posted by bipolarmuse | January 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
  21. Charming friend! What a party pup.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | January 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
  22. Benny is a sweetheart! I love his blog!

Posted by Bassetmomma | January 26, 2012, 10:42 AM
  23. What a Cutie and Love the Name:) Thanks for sharing!

Posted by cravesadventure | January 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
  24. Nice to meet you, Benny. Funny thing, we have a lot of the same complaints about our humans – they are really stingy on the foodables and treats.

We have a nice griend for you next door – Layla the boxer, she is about two years old, but heck older women are pretty special:)

We will have to stop by your blog.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | January 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
  25. Wrinklebottom is a great name. Wonder what would happen if humans got descriptive names like that?

Posted by living4bliss | January 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
  26. Glad you found such a great home Benny. Our humans keep our food hostage too and only give us a bit two times a day, (except the little guy they give him a little bit four times a day). Not fair we say!

the brown dawgs

Posted by 2browndawgs | January 26, 2012, 2:20 PM
  27. Sad early story but it sounds like it has had a happy ending. Thank Dog! I love the name Benny Wrinklebottom. I call my new rescued dog, Mr. Pierson Fluffybutt. Does your name hint at your posterior characteristics too?

Posted by Dawn | January 26, 2012, 2:40 PM
  28. Benny is just TOO adorable, Rumpy. Sad about his first 6 months and almost-heavenly about his home now! Unfortunately, this part of NW Alabame has a very high capita incidence of method labs and all those folks think having lots of mean boxers (translate: cruelly treated to make mean boxers) around is a great idea! There was a most handsome fellow who was VERY smart and rescued himself from such a location, visited a home where a local policeman lived, and is now very happily resettled. That dog was so smart, he accomplished all this before the real abuse set in! Hooray.

Posted by granbee | January 26, 2012, 4:27 PM
  29. Great post on a great dog with a great name and who you put up some great photos of! We love the bottle one.. heheheh

Keep up the great work!

God Bless You!

The Collies and Chuck 🙂

Posted by colliesofthemeadow | January 26, 2012, 4:38 PM
  30. Cure dog, Cute name, Cute pics.

Posted by gracie may | January 26, 2012, 4:49 PM
  31. I love a happy ending! Thanks Rumpy and Benny, you put a big smile on my face 🙂

Posted by twoblackdoggies | January 26, 2012, 6:20 PM
  32. Enjoyed reading this interview and happy for WrinkleBottom 🙂

Posted by Sunshine | January 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
  33. Benny you are my kind of DOG! loveable 🙂

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | January 27, 2012, 1:11 AM
  34. Great interview, Love that Benny! xx

Posted by willowdot21 | January 27, 2012, 8:39 AM
  35. Benny, I’m glad I’m not the only one whose people are food hoarders. My people even put the cat food on top of the refrigerator so I can’t get it.

Posted by Bongo | January 27, 2012, 3:21 PM
  36. My son had a beautiful boxer for 11 years, he died the day before Christmas Eve (http://lifewithblondie.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/old-dogs-children-and-christmastime/) 😦 We sure do miss him!

Posted by lifewithblondie | January 27, 2012, 5:57 PM
  37. Benny may need a program…
    Great post, though!

Posted by The Hook | January 28, 2012, 3:11 PM
  38. Another great interview. So sorry to read about your awful first home. I’m so glad that you’re in a wonderful forever home now…even though you don’t have a phone. We don’t have one either! Handsome dog and great blog–both you and Rumpy! x Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | January 29, 2012, 5:09 PM
  39. Hi Benny!!!!

Posted by eof737 | January 30, 2012, 12:10 AM

Waiting for Jen so we can tuck her in and purr her to sleep. #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #iloveyou