June Buggie Hisses and Purrs!

Meow! My name is June Buggie and I have something to say.

HISSSSSS!!!  To the King of Spain for his hunting trip to kill animals in Botswana.  Here he is with an elephant he killed. He also killed two water buffalo.  While on his little hunting safari he broke his hip and had to head home early.

Photograph: Target Press/Barcroft Media

Photograph: Target Press/Barcroft Media

Really? THIS is the example you set for others? Killing an animal that in no way threatens humans with harm?

You make me sick.

However, a loud purrrrrrrrr goes out to Lush Cosmetics for teaming with the Humane Society of the United States and Humane Society International to campaign to end cosmetics testing on animals.

Lush Cosmetics not only refuses to use any ingredients in their products that were tested on animals, but they actively campaign against animal testing.

It’s nice to know that there ARE some people out there who are making a living while doing the right thing. You make a little kitty proud.

MEOW!

Rumpy has gone on from this plane. We, his kitty siblings,continue to blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com in his stead. You can follow us on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! Thanks!

45 thoughts on “June Buggie Hisses and Purrs!

1. He is discusting.Im glad he broke his hip.Karma Karma and more Karma.What the hell would,be the reason to kill animals?Why ?Not for food but sport?Ya great sport shooting,a poor denfenceless animal.Maybe he should have broken his arms aswell.And about Lush,I will now buy it.Even thought Ive never heared of them.Good for them.Yah Love ya Rumps and June and family.And love youre blogs.Purrrrrrs and AaaaaRRRRROooo.PS Jen please give Rumpy a cookie.He was complaining on fb before bout that.BOL x

Posted by Melanie | April 20, 2012, 1:34 AM
  2. Oh PS WHAT A GREAT PIC,OF YA JUNE BUGGIE.X

Posted by Melanie | April 20, 2012, 1:35 AM
  3. June Buggie, I agree with your Hiss (disgraceful!!!!) and your Purr (Should never test on animals!!) Woof! xo Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | April 20, 2012, 1:37 AM
  4. June Buggie, the HISSSSSS!!! was great but I think a good eye scratching is his due :), and I have to recommend the Lush Sexy Peel soap… mmmmmmm.

Posted by EllaDee | April 20, 2012, 1:53 AM
  5. June Buggie, I’m not sure about the cat language, but I’ve got to say you’re right on with your comments. I wonder if another elephant snuck up and kicked the King of Spain in the hip.

Posted by Bongo | April 20, 2012, 1:53 AM
  6. Apparently, he is on the board of the WWF! Stupid man!

Posted by CATachresis | April 20, 2012, 5:02 AM
  7. Oh no…..how scary and sad to see the pic of the elephant…poor elephant…
    Lush is very popular in Japan, too and my mom loves their products, so we’re glad that they do very right things for us, animals!!! Purrrrrrr….Ooops! I forgot that I AM a dog! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 20, 2012, 6:15 AM
  8. You are so right, JuneyBug. We just don’t get why humans want to hunt and kill. Makes to sense at all.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | April 20, 2012, 7:10 AM
  9. can only be thankful that his broken hip actually saved other animals. no wonder Spain is in such a mess.

Posted by beesy | April 20, 2012, 7:25 AM
  10. OMG! That is just so sad it made my heart sink! To think his only payback was a broken hip. 😦

Posted by Bassetmomma | April 20, 2012, 7:42 AM
  11. I didn’t let Ellie read this- it would make her cry! The World Wildlife Fund is trying to remove him as their president in Spain too. There is nothing sporting about killing an animal with your gun. It is just GROSS!

Posted by Ellie and Edmond | April 20, 2012, 8:41 AM
  12. Hard to see. We are totally against hunting and believe animals should be armed. Our family actively speaks out about this and we take any politically action we can. Nasty “sport”!!!!

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | April 20, 2012, 8:59 AM
    • I do have a different stance. I believe that people who hunt to feed themselves and their family are no different than cats when they hunt mice or birds to eat, provided the animal had a good quality of life beforehand. But canned hunting, and hunting animals for the trophy are examples of human greed and are simply unacceptable to me.

And only humans engage in such behavior.

Posted by rumpydog | April 20, 2012, 9:07 AM
  13. Hi June Buggie and Rumpydog, thank you for visiting our blog yesterday, I think we are both friends of Otis’. I’m following you now and look forward to getting to know you better.

Very sad post…sometimes I have no idea what people are thinking. One wonders how something this barbaric can be permitted to continue

Posted by Cat's Cats | April 20, 2012, 9:01 AM
  14. Cats cats said it just like we feel. That is all so sad and there really should be a way to stop these crimes. It is more than sad, it is gross. Hope you have a great week end.

Posted by ande123 | April 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
  15. Such a sad picture of that poor elephant. I’ll never understand how anyone can take pleasure in hunting. Glad you wrote about this. I briefly heard that he apologized for his hunting trip, but didn’t know any of the details. Sometimes karma shows up in weird places… like a broken hip 😉

Posted by lolabees | April 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
  16. Oh this is disgusting June Buggie, and I have not sympathy what so ever with his broken hip… Only good manners and Karma are holding my thoughts back to what he should have broken.. These people call themselves civilised and the Elite.. Well they just hit the Bottom of the deck here in Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary.. I must remember what goes around comes around, and no matter what my thoughts on the matter, I know that the Universe will have its own day… And he will be accountable.
    My daughter spent time out in Africa as a volunteer on a Cheetah Sanctuary, and I have some beautiful photos of her and Elephants as she was allowed to walk along side a mother with her calf.. My heart just bled a little more today… When will we understand that we are ALL of us ONE.. both the Animal Kingdom and us… not it seems until we destroy everything ..
    Thank you for bringing our attention to the plight of endangered species still being hunted needlessly for sport.. Sickeningly ~Sue

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | April 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
  17. I can’t look at that pic of these silly men with guns and this poor elephant without feeling sick. 😦

Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | April 20, 2012, 2:12 PM
  18. King?? He sounds like an awful man! I agree, hisssss!

Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

Posted by Oskar | April 20, 2012, 2:23 PM
  19. Hey June Buggie, Jet here.

4 paws up for your post, we agree completely.

Posted by heyitsjethere | April 20, 2012, 3:26 PM
  20. Good job ranting June Buggie!

Bella and DiDi

Posted by Paws To Talk | April 20, 2012, 4:25 PM
  21. Part of me wants to say I hope he never walks again, but that’s putting a lot of negativity out there. I just hope he’s learned his lesson and doesn’t do that anymore. The latest I heard about him is that he went to Russia to shoot a domesticated bear that they got drunk and let loose. Sick.

Posted by Russell Smith | April 20, 2012, 5:23 PM
  22. That is so horrible. The King of Spain should be ashamed of himself. I do not agree with trophy hunting whatsoever.

However, BRAVO to Lush Cosmetics! I will be on the lookout for some of their products to buy. =D

Posted by pennypup | April 20, 2012, 7:33 PM
  23. OMG! That is such a sad picture! That poor, poor elephant.

Posted by whatimeant2say | April 20, 2012, 9:51 PM
  24. It is disgusting, in this day and age there is no need for this type of trophy hunting, it is not necessary for survival especially for the King of Spain and hunting for sport is truly abhorrent!

Posted by twoblackdoggies | April 21, 2012, 1:16 AM
  25. “Instant Karma’s gonna get you.” ~ John Lennon

Posted by Anne Schilde | April 21, 2012, 2:01 AM
  26. Serves him right that he broke his hip!
    What would you expect though, from the King of a country whose national sport is torturing bulls for the amusement of the public?
    About cruelty-free cosmetics, my human likes AHAVA products , which are made solely from minerals from the Dead Sea and are not only not tested on animals but also contain no animal products or by-products.

Possum the MagnifiCat

Posted by The J-cats | April 21, 2012, 2:36 PM
  27. What a shame… :-/

Posted by The right mood | April 21, 2012, 2:50 PM
  28. Good to know he broke his hip then! That’s karma for you 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | April 22, 2012, 2:13 PM
  29. Real men – and women – don’t kill animals for sport.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | April 22, 2012, 4:52 PM
  30. To parafraze Mom, “Ceiling Cat dont liek ugly!” Iz no aksadent teh King ov Unkool broke his hip. W’er’s he been B4 his hunting trip? Unner a rok? Not knoin iz not kool 2 shoot elepahnts? Perhaps he wont B hunting agin fur hips dont heal EZ. Twirp.

Posted by Mr. Bob Buttons | April 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
  31. Must go online to find out where I can purchase Lush Cosmetics. And I have been getting a lot of tweets about the elephant-killing King of Spain.

Posted by granbee | April 23, 2012, 1:29 PM

Hissy Fit Jones takes a nap #formerferal #gingercat #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofinstagram