Dear DeDe

Dear DeDe Wants YOU!

Oh Dog! It’s Sunday, so that means it’s time for a visit with Dear DeDe. That’s me!!!!

Do you hate puppy mills?  I sure do.  I can’t believe that the people of this country still allow those hell-holes to exist.  Does that describe your feelings?

Then how about doing something about it?

The Humane Society of the United States is sponsoring a ‘Why Puppy Mills Stink” video contest!  I know some of you are into making your own videos, so here’s a chance to show the rest of us your stuff!

If your video is chosen, it will be broadcast on TV in your state!  Are you game?  Then go to the HSUS website for all the details!

But ya better do it soon, because the deadline for submitting your video is May 6th.

Just think…. one day soon I could be watching TV and see your video educating people on why puppy mills are bad.

When that happens, can I have your pawtograph?

Have a great week everybody!

46 thoughts on “Dear DeDe Wants YOU!

1. We do NOT like puppy mills! This is a great public service announcement! Thanks for sharing!!
    xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | April 22, 2012, 1:19 AM
  2. How terrible those puppy mills are!!! They are one of the reasons that innocent animals end up suffering….
    We think that is a great idea to make a “Puppy Mills Stink video” and to share it with lots of people to let them know how terrible it is!
    Have a great weekend, Dear DeDe! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 22, 2012, 1:45 AM
  3. I hate puppy farms! They stink! If I could just exercise my ice wolf fangs on the unmentionables who are behind these dens of horror….Not very experienced with video but for this purpose will give it a go 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | April 22, 2012, 2:12 AM
  4. good luck to you! I hope this menace stops!

Posted by A Pakistani Boy | April 22, 2012, 2:41 AM
  5. Horrendous that these things happen in the 21st century.

Posted by Tilly Bud | April 22, 2012, 5:29 AM
  6. We despise puppy mills and the “people” running them make us sick–the only reason being to profit at the expense of the poor innocent animals. Thank you for this post DeDe. xo Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | April 22, 2012, 6:33 AM
  7. Puppy Mills should be done away with, as well as those Shopping Mall Pet Stores as we have heard so many horrible stories about them. They do not take care of the animals and just want to make a buck. I was adopted from the APL after my dog mom was poisoned with anti-freeze after giving birth to me and my six siblings, but the APL took the best care of me & we survived. They are nothing like these puppy mills! We are helping raise money for the APL and have only 14 days left for donations, if anyone would like to donate to the APL and help us raise money for a GOOD cause, here is the link: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/themesnthings/2012-doggy-dollars-kitty-kash Maybe we all need to write to congress to get these mills shut down already!

Posted by Nikitaland | April 22, 2012, 9:48 AM
  8. Oh neat, I didn’t know that there was a contest! That should give puppy mills a kick in the teeth!

Posted by Jen | April 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
  9. Wow! All the awful things I fond out about doing Nellie’s visiting! No wonder she gets so crabby sometimes. Puppy mills is awful!
    Thanks for bringing them up, now I’m off to write some nasty letters!
    Kozmo

Posted by catfromhell | April 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
  10. Puppy mills suck!!! Thanks DeDe for sharing this wonderful info– this sounds like it will be an awesome nationwide PSA!

Posted by For the Love of My Dogs | April 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
  11. Ahhh! It worked! Great public announcement for awareness! Happy Earth Day!

Posted by Bassetmomma | April 22, 2012, 2:31 PM
  12. Good work DeDe. We’ll see if we can get the humans to work the video camera. Thanks for talking about this important issue.

Bella and DiDi

Posted by Paws To Talk | April 22, 2012, 3:27 PM
  13. I hope some people come up with some very good videos for this.

Posted by Bongo | April 22, 2012, 3:40 PM
  14. That sounds like a FUN contest…and a great cause. Do you think they’d take a cat seriously?
    ; ) Katie

Posted by Glogirly and Katie | April 22, 2012, 5:03 PM
  15. can’t wait to see those videos. My peeps just learning so we won’t send in one this time. paw pats Savannah

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | April 22, 2012, 5:31 PM
  16. Mom can’t make a video. She just has a dumb phone right now and her camera is a big ol DSLR with no video but I hope lots are submitted, Rumpy.

Posted by Katie Isabella | April 22, 2012, 5:44 PM
  17. i don’t like puppy mills!! i wish they would be shut down!

Posted by terry1954 | April 22, 2012, 7:30 PM
    • Me too, but the truth is that is long as there’s a demand, there will be puppy mills. Hopefully through public outreach like this we can convince people to STOP buying from these horrible places!

Posted by rumpydog | April 22, 2012, 8:14 PM
  18. We adopted our Pointer friend from the Humane Society in Missoula Montan. She had been part of a puppy mill for about 6 years and the owners then just turned her in to the Humane Society. She has done very well with us for over 5 years now but it took several of those years for her to figure out what really being a dog was all about and what it is like to have a friend.

Posted by montucky | April 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
  19. I hope it was a great and fun day.. I love you all, nia

Posted by niasunset | April 23, 2012, 4:39 AM
  20. Way to go DeDe. You are a fantastic ambassador for dogs!

Posted by Bassas Blog | April 23, 2012, 5:55 AM
  21. Ai jus’ cnt B’leeev w’at a pawsum ideer tihs is!

Posted by Mr. Bob Buttons | April 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
  22. Reblogged this on delia1979.

Posted by delia1979 | April 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
  23. Puppy mills are truly horrible–and I am very pleased to say that I know of none near enough to me to video!

Posted by granbee | April 23, 2012, 1:32 PM
  24. Your blog is the go-to place for information on how to fight for animal rights!

Posted by Russell Smith | April 23, 2012, 1:46 PM
  25. I hate puppy miles I was born in a puppy miles never new my mom or dad cleveland a.p.l rescued me at 5 weeks of age now I’m 15 years old liveing with my best friend dad even now when I hear the word puppy mile I get scard but dad holds me and loves me and I feal better say no to puppy miles

Posted by paulkuss | May 24, 2012, 5:49 PM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )