Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

“Let sleeping dogs lie- who wants to rouse ’em?” -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

“It is nought good a sleeping hound wake.”  -Geoffrey Chaucer, Troilus and Criseyde

“It is ill wakyng of a sleapyng dogge” -John Heywood, A Dialogue Conteynyng Prouerbes and Epigrammes

Click here for links to more great blogs!

72 thoughts on “Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

1. Ha ha ha rumpydog. Truly funny but I would not try to wake rumpydog. Or any other sleeping dog.

Posted by omwaombara | April 28, 2012, 1:38 AM
  2. Great quotes and great pics! Love the first one the best. So adorable Rumpy!

Posted by Mel | April 28, 2012, 1:58 AM
  3. Wish I could convince my cat of this. He wakes up the dog on purpose, and she is not amused about it.

Posted by heretherebespiders | April 28, 2012, 2:31 AM
  4. BOL! These sleeping photos made my mom burst in laughter as she thinks the postures are so identical what I have during my sleep. Especially the 1st pic is lovely! In our house, it’s always mom who wakes me up giving me nose taps because she can’t bear not to do it as my sleeping face is very cute.(she says)
    Come on mom! Stop doing nose taps!!!

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 28, 2012, 2:52 AM
  5. One more thing that accompanies the amazing sleeping expressions is the “waking up scent”… True bliss for some humans!

Posted by marina kanavaki | April 28, 2012, 3:24 AM
  6. So sweet! Jeffie lies on our couch like that, too 😉

Posted by Sue at Talking Dogs | April 28, 2012, 3:47 AM
  7. Isn’t it awful when you just can’t get comfy.

Posted by Flo | April 28, 2012, 5:59 AM
  8. You’re making me want to take a nap. You are a professional at that.

pawhugs, Max

Posted by Max the Quilt Cat | April 28, 2012, 6:03 AM
  9. Haha! You’ve got the Fred thing going on there in the second pic! Love the tongue! LOL!

Posted by Bassetmomma | April 28, 2012, 6:06 AM
  10. Ruuuuumpy! What am I doing awake? At 6:46 on Saturday morning? I mean CATurday morning? What can be done with this Bean. Hopeless.

Posted by nadbugs | April 28, 2012, 6:46 AM
  11. Be GONE Flashy Beast. Let Sleeping Rumpy …. SLEEP.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | April 28, 2012, 7:28 AM
  12. Great photos and quotes!

Posted by Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey | April 28, 2012, 7:58 AM
  13. Absolutely delightful. Thanks for the smile first thing this morning 🙂

Posted by Teresa Silverthorn | April 28, 2012, 8:31 AM
  14. My person believes this. She always lets me be when I’m resting. But my other person sometimes wakes me up to play. Believe it or not, I think I like his way better. 🙂

Posted by Lola | April 28, 2012, 8:51 AM
  15. Very good advise. Unless there is a treat to be had if I wake up.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | April 28, 2012, 9:01 AM
  16. Reblogged this on delia1979.

Posted by delia1979 | April 28, 2012, 9:16 AM
  17. Love the pictures of you, Rumpy. Our mom always takes pictures of us sleeping. She tries to resist touching us–she says we’re so extra adorable! xo Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | April 28, 2012, 9:19 AM
  18. Rumpy, hope those are great dreams that you are having. We certainly will not disturb you. The doggies in this house love naps too. Hope all have a great week end.

Posted by ande123 | April 28, 2012, 9:28 AM
  19. so sweet

Posted by delia1979 | April 28, 2012, 9:39 AM
  20. Nice quotations and photos!
    Yes, let them sleep. They need sleep
    as we all do.
    😉

Posted by Chito L. Aguilar | April 28, 2012, 9:56 AM
  21. **YAWN** I need a nap – see what you did. You made me sleepy. I’m going to lay in front of the heater and nap. Mom was cold this morning, so she turned it up. NAPPY TIME!

Posted by Cleo The-diva Sykes | April 28, 2012, 9:58 AM
  22. An awful lot of familiar poses there, Rumpy. Sweet dreams:)

Happy weekend.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | April 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
  23. Ah Rumpy, you look so cute with your little tongue sticking out, you snooze hound, you!

Posted by bitsandbreadcrumbs | April 28, 2012, 10:40 AM
  24. Oh Rumpy, you are so handsome! Love that expression on your face. 🙂

Mr. Cheddar has been very busy posting again, a new haiku from him today as well. Hope to see you soon.

Hugs, G

Posted by Geraldine | April 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
  25. Awwwww! That little tongue sticking out. So cute!!

Posted by paws2smile | April 28, 2012, 1:01 PM
  26. If ever there is an area in which a dog requires expertise, it is sleeping. I do declare that you seem to be such an expert! Sleep on, my friend!

Posted by onecoolgriff | April 28, 2012, 1:34 PM
  27. Now there’s a dog that’s mastered the art of relaxing.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | April 28, 2012, 3:29 PM
  28. Hi!
    Found your awesome blog through the Saturday blog hop so I thought to stop by. I love Rumpydog, he´s gorgeous! I myself share my life with a bunch of huskies and three crazy cats. Stop by for a visit when you have time.

Happy Trails,

Katerina and (Husky)Team

Posted by Katerina | April 28, 2012, 6:18 PM
  29. That last picture is a hoot!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | April 28, 2012, 7:05 PM
  30. I love this pics,ya look sooo adorable.x

Posted by Melanie | April 28, 2012, 8:59 PM
  31. Great words of wisdom!! Love the pictures! 🙂

Posted by colliesofthemeadow | April 28, 2012, 9:58 PM
  32. Me just LOVES to jumps on my hairy slobbery sisters when they is sleeping!
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | April 28, 2012, 10:16 PM
  33. We really are professional nappers! Seriously!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | April 29, 2012, 1:13 AM
  34. We love a good nap in our house too!

Posted by twoblackdoggies | April 29, 2012, 4:16 AM
  35. My parents teached me to never wake up a sleeping down. 😮

Posted by Dianda | April 29, 2012, 7:40 AM
  36. Who would ever want to wake a sleeping doggie? They are so cute and adorable when they sleep. I love sleeping on my back on the one and only couch that I am allowed on with my feet sticking straight up in the air, and when it’s bedtime, I sleep between Daddy & Mommy and do the same thing – Feet straight up in the air! Let us sleep, we need our rest too! 🙂

Posted by Nikitaland | April 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
  37. Sometimes a doggie just needs a nap. If your tongue pops out a little bit in the meantime, so be it! Been there, Buddy! Snooze-fest!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 29, 2012, 4:57 PM
  38. Oh dear Rumpy, you are so lovely and so funny… 🙂 If I were there I would have kissed you 🙂 Thank you, Blessing and Happiness, with my love, nia

Posted by niasunset | April 29, 2012, 5:37 PM
  39. Shhh…. Rumpy is sleeping.

Posted by ann dziemianowicz | April 29, 2012, 6:49 PM
  40. Rumpy you are such a unique sleeper. You really utilize the whole couch well. Let a sleeping dog lie!
    Bella and DiDi

Posted by Paws To Talk | April 29, 2012, 7:57 PM
  41. flashy beasts always ruin naps

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari

Posted by Kari | April 29, 2012, 9:06 PM
  42. Great pictures Rumpy and I love the quotes 🙂

Posted by Bassas Blog | April 30, 2012, 12:42 AM
  43. Awww… that first photo is the cutest!

Posted by wantmorepuppies | May 1, 2012, 7:16 AM
  44. Reblogged this on Laggylife's Blog.

Posted by laggylife | May 2, 2012, 9:20 PM
  45. Absolutely wonderful!

Posted by robpixaday | May 12, 2012, 5:16 PM
  46. ah… he looks happy!
    and nice blog 🙂

Posted by mac | May 13, 2012, 8:15 AM
  47. Due to the failure, they complain in the whole
    system of internet marketing being a swindle. or in
    every likelyhood you’re on the lookout for any hemorrhoid cure that
    will really get you positive results. Your e – Book is more likely being pay and
    not found again.

Posted by http://donniewecw.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/?psychic-connection-makes-a-person-more-exceptional-and-grown/ | February 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
  48. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on download fruity loops.
    Regards

Posted by Valerie | February 26, 2014, 4:59 PM
  49. Hi, I do think this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;
    ) I’m going to return yet again since i have book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

Posted by sbobet | February 26, 2014, 11:38 PM
  50. It’s amazing to go to see this website and reading the views of all mates about this post, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

Posted by like it | April 19, 2014, 7:20 PM
  51. Coq10 Benefits Five Compelling Reasons Why Women Need Coq10 and feromony fm.
    Coq10 Benefits Five Compelling Reasons Why Women Need
    Coq10

Posted by kwas hialuronowy cena zabiegu | April 22, 2014, 12:08 AM
  52. If you want to grow your experience simply keep visiting this web site and be updated with the newest information posted
    here.

Posted by Tayla | August 17, 2014, 1:17 PM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )