Introducing Clowie the Pyrenees!

Oh Dog! I am so excited to introduce you to today’s guest! Clowie is a fellow blogger that hails from Europe! I know you’re gonna love her, so give it up for Clowie!!

Look at that smile!

Rumpy: Thanks so much for being my guest today Clowie!

Clowie: I’m really pleased to be here talking to you

Rumpy: Let’s start by you telling us a little bit about you!

Clowie: I’m a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, or Great Pyrenees. I was born in England, but we all moved to Spain to live in the mountains that are so beautiful they named them after me. My best holiday was when we drove through France to get to Spain. French people love dogs and know how to treat us. I was allowed inside restaurants and everyone made a fuss of me. I didn’t even mind that a lot of them called me Belle, although I’ve never even seen “Belle et Sébastien”.

Rumpy: Wow! It sounds heavenly! Tell me about what you like to do there in Spain.

I see what ya mean about that scenery!

Clowie: I love playing in water and there are lots of streams here with really clear water. I enjoy playing on the beach and in the sea, but I prefer water you can drink as well as play in. I love the water so much that sometimes they tease me that I’m a Newfoundland in disguise.

Rumpy: How funny! I, on the other hand, hate playing in water!

Clowie: I enjoy sniffing around to see what’s been happening. When we lived in England, my favourite smell was the aroma of pig, but now we’re in Spain I’ve discovered that wild boar live in the forests here and there is nothing that compares with their aroma. I’m surprised that Calvin Klein don’t bottle it and sell it as “whiff of wild boar”.

Rumpy: Whoa! I’ll bet all the ladies would love us if we smelled like that! Oh wait…. they already DO love us!

Clowie: My ancestors protected flocks of sheep in the mountains, so I have inherited their protective abilities and it gives me great pleasure to look after my bipeds and our two cats.

Rumpy: Cats huh? Kinda like me. So how’d you come to live with your family?

Clowie: I was one of a litter of eleven puppies. Anyone who has seen Pyrenean puppies grow will understand what I mean when I say that it quickly became very crowded. I had six brothers, who were all bullies! I knew we couldn’t possibly all continue to live there, so I was on the lookout for bipeds of my own.

Shhhh!!!! Do not disturb!!!!

Rumpy: I don’t blame ya!

Clowie: One day some different bipeds came to visit. I was impressed that they greeted my mother nicely and politely. Then they knelt down on the floor to greet all of us puppies. My pushy brothers immediately started climbing on them and biting them and I couldn’t get near them, my brothers kept pushing in front of me. I got as close as I could and gazed at these new bipeds. After playing with my brothers for a little while, I heard them say that they wanted a girl puppy. The bipeds of the house moved all my brothers to one side behind a barrier. My sisters were either asleep or nervous and I made the most of the opportunity. Once the visiting bipeds picked me up and played with me, I knew they’d be mine! And sure enough, they took me home with them in the car that day.

Rumpy: Hooray!!! And what kind of treats these bipeds give you?

Clowie: My favourite treats to eat are sausages and cheese. I thought these were wonderful in England, but I’m still discovering new varieties of them now we live in Spain. My favourite non-edible treat is to take my bipeds up a mountain to get to the snow – I love playing in snow.

Rumpy: Are you kidding me? Snow? I am SO jealous! OK, one more question for fun Clowie. If you was a dinosaur, what kind would you be?

Clowie: I would be a Sauroposeidon – this is partly because it’s a quadruped, while a lot of dinosaurs are bipeds and I strongly believe that four legs are better than two. I also think it would be really cool to be named after Poseidon, the ruler of all that water, when I love water so much.

Rumpy: Awesome! Thanks again for being my guest!!!

Clowie: Thank you so much for talking with me, it’s been a pleasure.

Mmmmmm…. chewie!

You can find Clowie through the following social media:

55 thoughts on “Introducing Clowie the Pyrenees!

1. Thank you, Rumpy! I’m really excited about this.

Posted by Clowie | July 10, 2012, 1:15 AM
  2. Rumpy, so happy to read about Clowie. Very funny photo of the sign on her while she’s sleeping!! The photo of where Clowie lives is gorgeous. Loved reading the story of how the bipeds picked Clowie! xo Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | July 10, 2012, 1:24 AM
  3. Thank you Rumpy 🙂 I enjoy meeting your guest bloggers and reading their stories which are always interesting. I really liked the photo’s Clowie shared, especially the image of the scenery behind Clowie.

Posted by EllaDee | July 10, 2012, 1:24 AM
  4. Great to read all about Clowie. Thanks Rumpy.
    Sausages! The Boxers love sausages 🙂

Posted by shacklefordlb | July 10, 2012, 1:30 AM
  5. So Clowie – you live in Spain – we probably go past you every month! It’s jolly hot now – do you cope well with the heat? A great interview Rumpy – thanks 😉

Posted by Animalcouriers | July 10, 2012, 1:34 AM
    • I cope quite well with the heat – I shed a lot more coat than I did in England. But I usually have an early walk in summer and then take it easy until the evening. Most of my walks include water at this time of the year.

Posted by Clowie | July 10, 2012, 1:46 AM
  6. How did you not fall in love here, Rumpy? So pretty and so sophisticated! Come on… you put a paw on her leg during the interview at least once.

Posted by Anne Schilde | July 10, 2012, 2:00 AM
  7. You need some serious anti pet hair tools! There’s also a Bissell Pet Hard Floor vacuum that, as one reviewer said,” will such a golf ball through a garden hose.” We’ll be back up to 4 dogs before August is out AND we have new furniture, or what the dogs call “our beds.”

Congratulations on your new fur kid!! Great Pyrenees are cuddly gentle giants and unlike any other giant breed, they live a normal lifespan.

Posted by Teepee12 | July 10, 2012, 2:08 AM
  8. Lovely interview Rumpy. I enjoyed greatly reading about Clowie. Greetings from France for both of you x

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | July 10, 2012, 2:17 AM
    • FYI “Belle et Sébastien” is a French television show for children. It’s about a boy “Sébastien” who lost his mother at birth and a pyrenees dog “Belle”. Sébastien rescues the dog as she has escaped from a shelter and adopts her. They share many adventures. This show has been broadcast in France as of 1965, and rerun for several years, and has deeply moved a whole generation of children, and parents as well. This is why when the French see a white pyrenees dog they tend to call her “Belle” because of all their childhood memories 😉

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | July 10, 2012, 2:28 AM
      • Thank you for explaining the emotional impact of that television show. Lots of people seemed really pleased to think of me as Belle.

Posted by Clowie | July 10, 2012, 2:46 AM
  9. Great interview Rumpy and Clowie 🙂

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | July 10, 2012, 3:08 AM
  10. Great fun having one of my friends ‘Rumpy Dog’ interview another ‘Clowie’ and I learnt more about you both. I’m with you Rumpy, no water. And like you Clowie, I am a dog who watches over my family and flocks. Just because Beloved doesn’t have any flocks isn’t my fault!
    As a child Beloved used to love Belle et Sébastien. That is when she first fell in love with Pyrenean Mountain Dogs.
    Maybe it’s a good thing you’re in Europe Clowie or I could get jealous.
    Beloved used to live in France and she often tells us how nice they are to dogs. We have cousins there.
    Spain sounds cool too. Maybe I could get Beloved to take us over for a holiday – her beloved speaks Spanish 🙂
    On the other hand, it might be too long a trip without my favourite treats so perhaps not.
    I’ll meet you on the pages of our blogs instead.

Posted by Zac The All Black | July 10, 2012, 3:28 AM
  11. Lovely to meet Clowie 🙂 Thanks for a great interview, Rumpy, as always xx

Posted by CATachresis | July 10, 2012, 3:29 AM
  12. She’s adorable!

Posted by Dianda | July 10, 2012, 5:14 AM
  13. YAY Clowie!!! I’m glad Rumpy interviewed you so we can know even more about you than we already did! Great job Rumpy….you always ask such good questions. 😀

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | July 10, 2012, 5:25 AM
  14. Loved the interview. Nice to meet you, Clowie! What a ncie story about how you came to be adopted by your “bipeds”! I’m sure they KNOW they made the right decision.
    Love, Sundae kitty

Posted by Dianna | July 10, 2012, 5:51 AM
  15. Hi Clowie!!! *paw waving* It’s very nice to meet you and read about you and your bipes! You look pawgeous on those photos! How lovely that your bipes picked up you from those your brothers!
    Wow! You love playing in water! I’m not good at swimming, so I adomire you!
    I love cheese, too but I’m sure you have much more delicious foods in Spain than in Japan! *drools*
    Thanks for this lovely interview of Clowie, Rumpy!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 10, 2012, 5:52 AM
  16. Hiya Clowie!
    Beautiful fur =^.^=
    Thanks Rumpy for introducing us to Clowie!

Posted by Texas, a cat in New York | July 10, 2012, 6:07 AM
  17. That was brill yoo tooo. Sausage and Cheese is my favourite 🙂 Yooo’s was really cute when yoo was a pup Clowie, well’s yoooo’s still is 🙂
    Big Paw hugs
    Mollie x
    mollie and alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | July 10, 2012, 6:20 AM
  18. We just recently met Clowie and think that Clowie is just great!

Posted by catchatcaren | July 10, 2012, 6:28 AM
  19. Nice to meet you, Clowie. Very good interview. We are like Rumpy and don’t think we would love water that way you do. But we do LOVE snow. Wishing we had some now instead of all this heat.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | July 10, 2012, 7:04 AM
  20. Very Good interview Rumpy. I have a love of Great Pyrenees having had one before the Newfs. They are loving, gentle, protective, pretty much as Clowie said. Our Pyr however did not much like water:)

Posted by tylersat99 | July 10, 2012, 7:12 AM
  21. Clowie is adorable!!

Posted by Bassetmomma | July 10, 2012, 8:53 AM
  22. I’ve always liked Clowie but I’ve learned new things thanks to this interview.

Posted by Doggy's Style | July 10, 2012, 9:23 AM
  23. Loved your story, Clowie. I had a St. Bernard many years ago and I know she (Heidi) would have loved romping in the snow with you. She was a beautiful, gracious dog as I am sure you are as well. A pleasure to meet you.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | July 10, 2012, 9:31 AM
  24. Clowie and Rumpy…now that has a nice ring to it. Just saying…and BTW, great interview. 🙂

Posted by Sunshine | July 10, 2012, 9:56 AM
  25. Nice to meet you, Clowie! We are very curious about doggies, we’d like our mom to get one to play with so we can see how it is. And we wish we could run through the mountains like you–we are sure our mom would start clicking with her black box and playing with her colored sticks and we could do whatever we wanted! And imagine seeing four big black cats sleeping on your luxurious white coat!

Posted by animalartist | July 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
  26. Well done Rumpy – you really do the most fantastic interviews, always finding out interesting stuff about your friends. Clever you.

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | July 10, 2012, 10:33 AM
  27. Great interview Rumpy! We especially liked the dinosaur question! You are so clever 🙂 We are voting for you…hope you win!

Posted by Dogs N Pawz | July 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
  28. What a little sweetheart! Not I breed I knew. That’s for the intro.

Hope that RumpyDog isn’t suffering in this heat.

Posted by Jamie Dedes | July 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
  29. You should see the dogs of all kinds and breeds, here at the “Dogs Beach, in Huntington Beach: they are allowed to run free, they play catch, they surfboard (yes, surfboard) and beeing themselves. A joy to be there an d watch them be!

Posted by george-b | July 10, 2012, 2:04 PM
  30. I really enjoy reading this interview. There’s a Pyrenees around my area too. He is all white and huge but very gentle. He is like an icon of this neighbourhood. I will follow Clowie from now on.

I’ll be back,
    Sankissjuice

Posted by Sankissjuice | July 10, 2012, 2:39 PM
  31. Rumpy, we are most blessed to have a Great Pyrenees in our extended family named “Tiny”! He share so many of Clowie’s traits. Wonderful heritage in this breed, I think, that many livestock farmers find extremely valuable. Thanks so much for another wonderfully instructive post!

Posted by granbee | July 10, 2012, 3:23 PM
  32. I really like your interviews and meeting all the different guests 🙂

Posted by Misty Shores Chesapeakes | July 10, 2012, 4:22 PM
  33. Thank you to everyone who’s said nice things about me today! I’ve spoken with some of you and I hope to drop in and visit more of you over the coming days.

Posted by Clowie | July 10, 2012, 4:28 PM
  34. Hiya, Clowie! Good to see you here. Do you speak Spanish yet?

And Rumpy, great interview! You should get your own show. Late Night with Rumpy Dog

Posted by Jazz Cat Jay | July 10, 2012, 5:48 PM
  35. beeee-uuuu-teeee-ful!!!

Posted by colliesofthemeadow | July 10, 2012, 6:04 PM
  36. Great interview Rumpy…you’re best one yet even! Not that I’m in the least bit biased 😉 Oh no! Not at all 😉 That 1st photo of the delightful Clowie is particularly gorgeous and I think you made an awesome choice of interviewees! My 2 favourite K9s in the same place at the same time! A European K9 no less 😉 Awesome!!

Posted by europasicewolf | July 10, 2012, 6:21 PM
  37. Cute.

Posted by Lynda | July 10, 2012, 6:22 PM
  38. Great interview Rumpy! We are jealous of all the water Clowie get to play in 🙂 You two are wonderful doggie bloggers!

Bella and DiDi

Posted by Paws To Talk | July 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
  39. “Whiff of wild boar” sounds heavenly! 🙂 Great interview Rumpy. Tall person suggests that Clowie tries Spanish Tapas – delicious 🙂

Posted by Bassas Blog | July 10, 2012, 11:42 PM
  40. Loved it my friend!! Nice post
    Hope you are doing great 🙂

Posted by */-)ndr¡X* | July 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
  41. Beautiful dog!

Posted by Russel Ray Photos | July 12, 2012, 3:05 PM
  42. Clowie is such a sweetie!

Posted by Ellie and Edmond © | July 16, 2012, 7:41 AM
  43. You fur balls rock 🙂 well done it was good reading 🙂 ^”^. When is the cat interview 😉

Posted by mythreemoggies | July 18, 2012, 5:30 AM
  44. Thanks for visiting The BirdBlog and liking. Please come again! Although I have always claimed my allegiance to the hound, I guess I have to admit that I am now a cat owner. It is nice to have a pet around the household, though.

Posted by guypagano | August 6, 2012, 9:51 AM
  45. I just met Clowie today and came to see her interview from her blog site. It’s so nice to learn more about her. If you ever decide to write a book of your best interviews, please let me know and I’ll use my influence as Bookshop Dog to get it on the shelves here! You’re a great interviewer, Rumpy!
    Stella the Great Newfenees & Bookshop Dog

Posted by canadianbooklady | October 4, 2012, 2:23 PM

1. Pingback: Interview with RumpyDog | Clowie's Corner - July 10, 2012

2. Pingback: Interview with RumpyDog | Clowie's Corner - October 14, 2015

Meow! Leave me alone. I'm grieving. -June Buggie #gingercats #gingercat #cat #catsofinstagram #cats #catsofig #catstagram #catsanddogs #imissmydog