Monday Pick-Me Up!

Oh Dog! We seemed to have misplaced half our weekend! I woke up this morning fully expecting it to be Sunday, but ya know what? It wasn’t! Monday had done it to me again!!!!  *sigh*

So I thought today I’d share with you some cool pics Jen took in Dothan, Alabama.

These and other murals are painted on the sides of old buildings in the downtown area. If you’d like to learn more about them, you can check out all the murals and listen to a podcast about each here.

Dothan is also home to the National Peanut Festival. The festival will be held in November. Peanuts is a big deal down here, and the fairgrounds that hosts the festival is HUGE! Now ya know where the peanuts in your peanut butter comes from!

We are also reasonably close to Montgomery, AL, which is home to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. If you want to see some awesome productions of Shakespeare’s plays, this is the place to be.

So ya see, there’s alot more to this area than just beaches and sand! woo woo woo!

27 thoughts on “Monday Pick-Me Up!

1. Incredible!

Posted by jmgoyder | October 1, 2012, 6:16 AM
  2. so beautiful!!!
    🙂

Posted by semprevento | October 1, 2012, 6:17 AM
  3. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | October 1, 2012, 6:22 AM
  4. Great murals 🙂

Posted by Animalcouriers | October 1, 2012, 6:46 AM
  5. WOWZERS! Way cool murals……my Mom lived in Montgomery a bazillion years ago – and also in Selma when her Dad was stationed at Craig Air Force Base…..we’re talking back in the stone age though! Tee Hee Glad your Mom is getting a chance to see so many things down in your new “neck of the woods” !!

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | October 1, 2012, 7:00 AM
  6. Those murals are amazing!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | October 1, 2012, 7:46 AM
  7. Wow! Those murals are very impressive! I didn’t know tha name of the city ” Dothan” where it’s famous for Peanuts! Very interesting!
    Have a great week Rumpy! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 1, 2012, 8:05 AM
  8. Wonderful photos!!

Posted by Misty Shores Chesapeakes | October 1, 2012, 8:54 AM
  9. I misplaced half of September!

Posted by midnitechef | October 1, 2012, 9:50 AM
  10. Those murals are just lovely!!! Thanks for sharing! Dothan sounds amazing – National Peanut Festival!?!? Yes please!! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | October 1, 2012, 10:00 AM
  11. Great pics, thanks for sharing Rumpy x.

Posted by shacklefordlb | October 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
  12. Glad I’m not the only one who wakes up and doesn’t know what day it is! Really great photos, I love those pastoral murals.

Posted by Will and Eko | October 1, 2012, 11:44 AM
  13. les week-end sont pas assez court ça je te l’accorde….
    j’aurais aimé aussi vouloir le ralloger un peu ! lol
    sympas les peintures murales que tu nous proposes de voir
    bonne journée…

Posted by Gaël LOAËC/Paul ANDREWS (Blog 3) | October 1, 2012, 11:48 AM
  14. Way cool, Rumpy!!

Posted by Sunshine | October 1, 2012, 1:33 PM
  15. Those are beautiful murals. There was a story just this morning in our paper about a grant that Kansas City received to clean up graffiti. They have a whole bunch of young people painting the most awesome murals on the sides of buildings in alleyways. Wonder if they could use some help from our paws:) BOL

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | October 1, 2012, 2:10 PM
  16. Sounds like you’ve found the perfect spot!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | October 1, 2012, 3:05 PM
  17. Would love to hear Shakespeare with an Alabama twang!!

Posted by CATachresis | October 1, 2012, 3:34 PM
  18. A peanut festival? Cool!

Posted by Dianda | October 1, 2012, 5:23 PM
  19. Wow! That looks interesting. I be Maya & Pierson would especially love the peanut festival. Fill the Kong please!

Posted by ILoveDogs | October 1, 2012, 6:23 PM
  20. I want to visit Alabama. Seen and heard so much about it through movies etc…thanks for sharing. I would love to watch a Shakespeare play. And we love peanut butter!!!!

Posted by Sankissjuice | October 1, 2012, 6:41 PM
  21. Same thing happened to our weekend. 😦 Great murals!

Posted by prancer pie | October 1, 2012, 7:27 PM
  22. Don’t cha just LOVE Murals? (Mommy used to paint them)
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | October 1, 2012, 9:19 PM
  23. I’m always amazed at how an artist can paint on such a large canvas and it still remains in perspective. Neat way to pretty up a town.

Posted by Boomdeeadda | October 1, 2012, 11:13 PM
  24. Mondays do that a lot don’t they, seems to be one every week – which is annoying as they aren’t my favourite day of the week! Do you think we could maybe have two fridays instead?

Posted by Basil | October 2, 2012, 3:47 AM
  25. beautiful 🙂 x

Posted by mythreemoggies | October 2, 2012, 7:02 AM
  26. Rumpy, thank you. I love murals & street art. These are COOL 🙂 P.S. I hate sneaky Mondays…

Posted by EllaDee | October 5, 2012, 1:55 AM
  27. Beautiful pictures your Mom took in Alabama. Looks like a fun place to see! You know Rumpy it always seems like we lose a day on the weekend too 😦

Posted by tylersat99 | October 6, 2012, 4:50 PM

‪I'm lying on top of my Jen- that always makes me feel better. ‬#eldercat #gingercat #catstagram #cats_of_instagram #cat #cats #catsofinstagram