Dear DeDe

What a Great Idea!

Oh Dog! DeDe here! No…… it’s not Sunday!

I just HAD to share this with you!

As you know, June Buggie and I are planning a big surprise for Rumpy’s Gotcha Day!  We asked each of you to come up with a way that you could be a part of World Spay Day.

Our friend Phil at Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge (OK, it was probably the Resident Cat’s really, but anyway) had  this great idea of a way we can ALL help promote low-cost spay neuter programs.

Let’s say thank you.

Phil says he’s going to write letters to the vets that provide these badly-needed services.

I think that’s a FANTASTIC idea!

We’ve all heard of caregiver burnout, and it certainly can occur among those that care for animals.   But how often do these folks hear a thank you?

So I challenge each of you to find one low-cost spay/neuter program or vet that offers such services, and send a card or letter thanking them for the good work they do.

It won’t take much of your time, and it will certainly brighten someone’s day.

Thanks Phil! And thanks to all of you who work in the trenches day in and day out to help animals!

Click here to check out more great blogs!

23 thoughts on “What a Great Idea!

1. A super idea 🙂

Posted by Animalcouriers | October 11, 2012, 5:51 AM
  2. Absolutely awesome idea and I’m going to do it!

Posted by Sue at Talking Dogs | October 11, 2012, 5:52 AM
  3. Such a great idea!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | October 11, 2012, 5:52 AM
  4. What a fantastic idea 🙂 x00x
    Mollie and Alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | October 11, 2012, 6:50 AM
  5. Super duper idea Rumpy.

Posted by dogdaz | October 11, 2012, 7:53 AM
  6. Dede what a brilliant idea and so hope it will help…. its so expense to neuter them this way as well.

Hey glad its not sunday lol 😉 x

Posted by skezier | October 11, 2012, 9:13 AM
  7. Hi Dear DeDe! Thanks very much for letting us know this great idea! It’s not difficult and simple to do! And very important to thank those vets and programs for helping animals! I’m going to do it! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 11, 2012, 9:31 AM
  8. What a great idea! Happy Thursday, furriends.

Posted by prancer pie | October 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
  9. It is always important to thank people – especially those who are devoting their time and effort to such a good cause.

Posted by Will and Eko | October 11, 2012, 10:55 AM
  10. Reblogged this on delia1979.

Posted by delia1979 | October 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
  11. I know many vets and staff would really appreciate this.

Posted by Carma Poodale (@CarmaPoodale) | October 11, 2012, 1:12 PM
  12. Fantastic idea!

Posted by Paprika Furstenburg | October 11, 2012, 1:38 PM
  13. That’s a fantastic idea!

Posted by Dianda | October 11, 2012, 2:05 PM
  14. That’s a great idea, DeDe. We are sure we can get Mom to help us with that.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | October 11, 2012, 3:23 PM
  15. That is a great idea, we’re in!

Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

Posted by Oskar | October 11, 2012, 4:53 PM
  16. Cool idea 🙂

Posted by mythreemoggies | October 12, 2012, 4:53 AM
    • I hope Phil is reading all these comments. woo woo woo!!!

Posted by rumpydog | October 12, 2012, 5:56 AM
      • Hi Rumpy !
        I’ve been out of pocket but am trying to catch up on reading. Thank you for sharing this idea. Many vets work very hard to save animals and they do see the saddest situations. They need to know we appreciate them, thanks again!
        (RC and Molly actually insisted on putting paw signatures on the bottoms of the notes – they feel very lucky and hope others find safe havens, too)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | October 19, 2012, 9:18 PM
  17. Here are two in the Lawrence area where I live – http://www.crossroadsdogrescue.org/vet-health-and-services.php. Well, one is Eudora which is only 10 minutes away. I will write these letters right away!

Posted by Dawn | October 12, 2012, 9:43 AM
  18. Thats a lovely idea. I was sad to hear that they dismantled the program for low cost spay/neuter here in jersey city
    urban hounds

Posted by Urban Hounds | October 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
  19. What a wonderful idea. Positive reinforcement … or, like my Mom used to say, “you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.” I hope the “Thank yous” have more vets doing the right thing.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | October 13, 2012, 10:25 PM

1. Pingback: What a Great Idea! | Catgurl40's Blog - October 11, 2012

Little Girl insists my office chair is hers. I’ll have to break down and get a chair for me. #cat #catsofinstagram #catstagram #caturday #cats #blackcat #housepanther #IWantMyChairBack