Oh Dog! Has it really been a whole week since we last visited? Uh….. actually, no, it hasn’t! *giggles*
The plans for Rumpy’s party are in the works. Are you ready?
Good, because here is what we’re gonna do.
On Saturday when you show up, you’ll probably see a post filled with pity about how everybody forgot his birthday. Yell SURPRISE (by using all caps) and then tell Rumpy what you’re gonna do to promote World Spay Day in your community. He’ll love it!
Spaying/neutering your pet is the single most important thing you can do to reduce the over-population of companion animals.
Not sure yet how you can spread the message? Here are some ideas:
- Write thank you notes to the low-cost clinics/ services in your area
- blog a post about the importance of spaying/neutering your pet
- talk to your neighbors and friends about the importance of spay/neuter
- learn of the spay/neuter programs in your area, so that when people ask, you’ll know where to direct them
- write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- contact the local spay/neuter programs and offer to volunteer, or donate…. many programs can use old towels or sheets, cleaning supplies such as bleach and paper towels, and snacks for the volunteers! Oh, and don’t forget you could offer your computer skills!
And of course, every program needs money. If you can afford to give, please do. Here’s where you can access the World Spay Day Event Portal.
Just remember though, if you put it in writing, Rumpy’s gonna expect ya to do it.
Oh Dog, I can hardly wait!