Dear DeDe

Bloggin’ 4 Peace!

Oh Dog! Dear DeDe here! Today is the Blogblast for Peace, and I am joining thousands of others who are swamping the Universe with tranquility.

Peace be unto you!

Are you seeking peace through war? Do you “fight” for justice?  Do you “fight” for fairness, or for your rights? Do you “fight” for peace? Here’s a little secret for ya: peace is not attained through outside battles. The way to a peaceful heart is an inside job.

Me? I’m not torn up worrying about job security. I’m not worried about my kids’ future. I’m not worried about a nuclear-armed Iran or China surpassing the US as a World Power. Feed me, give me water and a sunbeam to lie in and I’m good to go.

Namaste

Peaceful people are not perfect. But they are serene. No matter what’s going on around them, they maintain a sense of contentment within.

Regardless of their physical appearance, we find ourselves attracted to these people. And their good works live on long after they move on.

So how about laying down your weapons of war, be still, and let things be.

When you’re ready to join me, I’ll be lying here on the porch, watching the world go by.

Namaste.

61 thoughts on “Bloggin’ 4 Peace!

1. yes, Namaste.
    and Peace ♥
    vento

Posted by semprevento | November 4, 2012, 1:22 AM
  2. I’d be happy to join you on the porch. Have you ever heard Patty Griffins song, No Bad News? It has one of my all time favorite lyrics: We’ll grow kindness in our hearts for all the strangers among us, till there are no strangers anymore.

Posted by Boomdeeadda | November 4, 2012, 1:33 AM
  3. Peace and love man 😉

Posted by willowdot21 | November 4, 2012, 4:02 AM
  4. Great thinking! Peace 🙂

Posted by CATachresis | November 4, 2012, 4:23 AM
  5. Peace to you Rumpy. If only people could think more like dogs, then the world would be a far better place.

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | November 4, 2012, 4:47 AM
  6. Brilliant.

Posted by jmgoyder | November 4, 2012, 5:11 AM
  7. Loved it, peace to all..xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | November 4, 2012, 5:44 AM
  8. Thanks for the peace thoughts. We all are heading out on the virtual porch now. 🙂

Posted by dogdaz | November 4, 2012, 6:28 AM
  9. I love this post and the message in it, Rumpy! Good job, as always! 🙂

Posted by Dianda | November 4, 2012, 6:32 AM
  10. I also wish that one day very soon we have a world that is peaceful. Hugs GJ x

Posted by Ginger Jasper | November 4, 2012, 6:58 AM
  11. Thanks so much for this message Dear DeDe.
    P.S. Rumpy asked me about our kitties and yes, they are good thanks! But Shiro is still grympy and we think it takes a long time for them to get along……*sigh*
    The girl kitty (we call her “Chibi” ) had have diarreha since a week ago, so today mom took her to vet, then the vet said that she had roundworms, so she had to take a tablet to get them out.
    The boy kitty who mom keeps outside always snuggles to mom, who wants to get inside….mom feels very sorry for him not to be able to take him in….*sniff*

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 4, 2012, 7:13 AM
  12. Here’s to Peace for all species, today and every single day!

Posted by Brian | November 4, 2012, 7:58 AM
  13. So purrleased I received an email from Ann of Zoolatry which made me aware of today’s Blog Blast for Peace. I would like your porch lots Rumpy. Paws raised for peace, light , love all around this globe

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | November 4, 2012, 8:37 AM
  14. Dear DeDe
    Sending love and peace from my corner of the world.. beautiful thoughts DeDe… 🙂

Posted by littlemissobsessivesanatomy | November 4, 2012, 8:47 AM
  15. Giuseppe is my peace cat this year~ Peace to all of you.

Posted by animalartist | November 4, 2012, 12:16 PM
  16. What a great post – and cause!

Posted by The Hook | November 4, 2012, 12:34 PM
  17. What a perfectly beautiful post, Rumpy.
    Peace to you, our friend.

xo,
    Katie & Glogirly

“Peace begins with a smile.”
    -Mother Teresa

Posted by Glogirly & Katie | November 4, 2012, 12:58 PM
  18. Very well stated, Rumpy. All paws crossed here too for world peace and harmony.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | November 4, 2012, 1:25 PM
  19. Yes 4 peace. My post 9/10/11

Posted by Carl D'Agostino | November 4, 2012, 2:40 PM
  20. Count us in as well DeDe but we are a bit late x

Posted by skezier | November 4, 2012, 3:57 PM
  21. Everybody at our house wishes everybody at your house (and throughout the world) Peace for this and everyday!
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | November 4, 2012, 4:13 PM
  22. Rumpy, you make me even more glad I know you. xoxox

Posted by Katie Isabella | November 4, 2012, 5:04 PM
  23. You are not only a blogger, but a guru as well! Thank you, Rumpy, for a wonderful post!

Posted by Jessica | November 4, 2012, 6:27 PM
  24. Reblogged this on Walking Niki and commented:
    From our friend Rumpydog

Posted by EverydogsMom | November 4, 2012, 8:27 PM
  25. I’d enjoy the porch! Peace is my dream!

Posted by tchistorygal | November 4, 2012, 9:09 PM
  26. Can U run for President? Please? Purrrrrrrrrrs.

Posted by spittythekitty | November 4, 2012, 9:45 PM
  27. Peace be with you, my friend ❤
    Cotton

Posted by Cotton | November 4, 2012, 10:49 PM
  28. Love your Blogblast for Peace. This is the 3rd year I’ve participated. I also endorsed a Presidential candidate today. I stand in solidarity with my woofie furrends.

Posted by Cathy Keisha (@CathyKeisha) | November 5, 2012, 4:30 PM
  29. I’m hoping that peace and sanity will return after the election. Maybe, then, we can all work together for our future and our nation’s future. Idealistic, I know. But we have to start somewhere. I love the sentiments you posted, rumpy.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | November 5, 2012, 9:55 PM
  30. 🙂 I like what you say…give me water, give me food, give me a sunbeam to lie on, and I’m good to go…it makes good sense. Why do we all try so hard to attain more!

Sorry to arrive so late here, but here I am at last 🙂

I’ll put a link to your peace post in the blog “Peace Bloggers Unite” later

Peace to you and yours

Posted by Annelisa | November 21, 2012, 5:55 PM
  31. We welcome you to the peace globe movement and thank you for participating. The vibes and energy posted today around the world has already made a difference in the hearts of many people. I can feel it as I travel around collecting the globes and reading our hopes and dreams.
    Peace to you and yours,
    Mimi Lenox
    Founder, BlogBlast4Peace
    blog4peace.com

Posted by Mimi Lenox | January 1, 2013, 5:48 PM
  32. Rumpy, Mimi just showed us yer post! We dun know how we missed it. Thank woo fer sharin our bean girl and foster kitten – it makes our heart sing to see it! 🙂

Posted by The Misadventures of Me | January 1, 2013, 6:05 PM

1. Pingback: Dona Nobis Pacem « dogdaz - November 4, 2012

2. Pingback: We wish for whirled peas | bumpyroadtobubba - November 4, 2012

‪Good morning from Bubba Cat #catsofinstagram #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofig #gingercat #eldercat