Introducing Yogi the Sphynx!

Oh Dog! I am so excited! Today I am interviewing my first Sphynx cat. In case you don’t know, a Sphynx cat has no fur. They remind me of Yoda.  Yogi is a female Sphynx that I met through her sister Hattie Angles Baker. She’s quite an awesome lady, so please put your paws together and help me welcome my friend Yogi!

It’s Yogi!

Rumpy: Thanks so much for being my guest today Yogi. How about we start with how you came to live with your family?

Yogi: My mom rescued me from the Humane Society about 4 hours away, we were listed on Craigslist.

Rumpy: Wow! That’s  scary! So who do you live with now?

Standing tall!

Yogi: I live with Hattie, Tink, blind Mimsy, blind Finley, Avee, Milton, Boom Boom and Blueberry. I only have a mom, no dad. I have lived with all my family Tink, Hattie, Avee, blind Mimsy for 5 years, and blind Finley for one year since he was adopted.

Rumpy: Adoption- that’s one of my most favorite words! Now there’s something I’ve always wondered about Sphynx cats. How do you keep clean?

Yogi:  Most of us require baths, but I do not. My mom never gives me a bath, because I do not need one, I keep myself really clean, and the grease that I get on my skin,I rub off on the towels and blankets that she covers me in.

I am not amused!

Rumpy: You’re lucky. I hate baths!  And what kind of food do you like to eat?

Yogi:  I like to eat canned catfood, a little bit of canned tuna, and I eat Avoderm dry food.

Rumpy:  I hear that’s good stuff! Now there’s one more question I ask all of my guests. If you was a dinosaur, what kind would you be?

Yogi:  Tyrannosaurus rex

Rumpy:  Whoa! You must be related to June Buggie!  Well thanks again for being my guest today Yogi!

I guess she’s thirsty after the interview!

If you’d like to connect online with Yogi, you can read her blog Mr Yogi Nice (published in Japanese) or Daily Yogi (published in English). Yogi also has a Twitter account (@prejidentyogi) and Facebook page- Yogi and Furriends where she posts great photos of herself.  Check her out!

31 thoughts on “Introducing Yogi the Sphynx!

1. …of course, a tyrannosaurus rex, what else LOL – wonderful interview rumpy ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | November 23, 2012, 7:08 AM
  2. Oh, sweet Rumpy we really enjoyed this interview. We are so happy that Yogi’s mom rescued her and gave her a family and forever home. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Mag (Chancy's Mumsy) | November 23, 2012, 7:24 AM
  3. I didn’t know about Sphynx cat before reading today’s post. The blog published in Japanese is interesting! Yes they remind me Yoda, too so they might have special power of “Force” and help our animal world!!! Thanks for sharing this interview, Rumpy and Yogi! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 23, 2012, 7:40 AM
  4. Great interview Rumpy. How exciting to have a Sphynx on your site. I love them.

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | November 23, 2012, 7:42 AM
  5. Yogi, you are the luckiest pet alive not getting baths and just staying clean by snuggling in blankets. That’s the life. It was good to get to know you.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | November 23, 2012, 7:51 AM
  6. meow, sexy!

Posted by jimmie chew | November 23, 2012, 8:01 AM
  7. Wow, what a face! that cat should be in the movies! c

Posted by cecilia | November 23, 2012, 8:17 AM
  8. “I AM NOT AMUSED ” lol
    lovely interview 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Lovely Cat xx
    Gonna go visit right now 🙂
    Huggs Rumpy and allll
    You’re doing such Good stuff 🙂

Rumpy – what’s your favourite kind of cookie ? the brand that Your human gets you ? just wondering 🙂
    xx
    Lots of Love xx
    🙂 and what a Cutie 🙂 xx

Posted by Cat Forsley | November 23, 2012, 8:38 AM
  9. wow i can see why they call em a Sphynx cat.

Posted by under the skies of arkansas | November 23, 2012, 9:53 AM
  10. Great interview Rumpy and Yogi….I’ve always wondered about sphinxes – what a remarkable face and interesting skin/body they have……Yogi sounds like she has a very interesting family too. I’m so glad she got a forever home with someone who UNDERSTANDS her needs.

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | November 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
  11. Yogi, your breed has always fascinated me, never had the chance to touch one. Great interview.

Posted by Doggy's Style | November 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
  12. Learned new things today Rumpy…didn’t know about Sphinx Kittehs before…Glad to meet you Yogi and happy you have such a nice adopted home

Posted by Gizmo | November 23, 2012, 1:44 PM
  13. Great interview Rumpy 🙂 I have never actually met a sphynx either!!

Posted by CATachresis | November 23, 2012, 4:17 PM
  14. That was a great interview and such a wonderful rescue!

Posted by Brian | November 23, 2012, 5:59 PM
  15. I don’t know…..I can’t see myself snuggling up to this cat, non the less, it’s very interesting.

Posted by jamjet73 | November 23, 2012, 6:42 PM
  16. hello, i have nominate you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!! http://wp.me/p2GxHb-16P

Posted by Morrighan | November 23, 2012, 9:37 PM
  17. This kitty is very interesting looking. How does he get along with your beautiful dog?

Posted by Donkey Whisperer Farm | November 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
  18. Great interview! Yogi sounds like one cool cat!

Posted by Bassetmomma | November 24, 2012, 1:40 AM
  19. thanks for featuring yogi.. i’ve only seen a sphinx once during a catshow, its very rare to see that breed in my country.

Posted by starlight | November 24, 2012, 5:53 AM
  20. I can’t stop staring!!!!

Posted by Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy | November 24, 2012, 6:33 AM
  21. Mr Yogi looks like a nudist. I think my vacuum cleaner would be so happy not to see anymore fur, so that’d be very nice too.

Posted by Boomdeeadda | November 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
  22. Hey Rumpy, Jet here. Hi Miss Jen.

Great interview, learned a great deal about the Sphinx heritage.

Posted by heyitsjethere | November 25, 2012, 7:25 AM
  23. A Sphynx cat always have those wise expression in their eyes. Yogi has it too. 🙂

Posted by Dianda | November 25, 2012, 7:44 AM
  24. I’ve seen a lot of Sphinx cats at cat shows, the kittens are very cute and the bi colours are interesting – bi coloured skin but no fur! Their skin is surprisingly leathery feeling but there’s something very cute about them when they rub their heads into your hand like their furry counterparts- because they look so different to the average cat there’s an inclination to forget they still possess the same endearing cat characteristics. At the last show I went to the Sphinx narrowly missed being Best in Show. And it was a very narrow miss too 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | November 25, 2012, 1:49 PM
  25. Sphynx cats are rare, you are lucky to meet one 🙂

Posted by taishinana | November 29, 2012, 12:19 AM

1. Pingback: Introducing Yogi the Sphynx! | Catgurl40's Blog - November 23, 2012