Dear DeDe

DeDe Checks In

Oh Dog! DeDe here. It’s a cloudy day here in paradise, and there’s a good chance of rain. *sigh*

I guard Jen from my comfy new bed

I guard Jen from my comfy new bed

We slept in this morning….. well, actually Jen did, and I had to maintain my guard post until she decided to get up!

We already had a cat fight this morning. This one resulted in the barrier gate falling on top of Graybie’s head. Fortunately, there were no injuries…… yet. Bubba’s still hiding just in case.

One of Β Jen’s goals for this year is to set aside some time each week that’s just to do what she wants to do. Play around on the computer. Veg in front of the TV. Take a nap. So she got her shopping and cleaning done yesterday, and now it looks like she has most of today to do just that!

What will you be doing today?

29 thoughts on “DeDe Checks In

1. Good for Jen: having a day to herself! I’m sure all of you will be a big help to her! I’ll just be in charge here….like everyday!
    Love, Sundae

Posted by Dianna | January 6, 2013, 7:49 AM
  2. Hi, I have some editing to do, and then hope to get out for a long walk! oh, and laundry too,,

Posted by sallywoodphotography | January 6, 2013, 7:51 AM
  3. Enjoy a fabulous Sunday…and all my best wishes to Graybie ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | January 6, 2013, 7:53 AM
  4. My Mom’s gonna be a bum today too (oops…did I say bum? I meant “lady of leisure”!!)…..and as usual I’ll keep an eye on everything so it stays quiet for her. Your new bed looks quite comfy DeDe…..now if the cats will just behave, maybe YOU can rest up too??!!

Kitty hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | January 6, 2013, 7:59 AM
  5. Oh! I’m relieved to hear that Graybie baby was ok! We have a cat fight quite a lot a day….*sign*
    I think that it’s a good decision for Jen to step aside some time to do what she wants to do! Jen is very busy lady, so she must need to have relaxing time sometimes!
    Have a lovely sunday, Dear DeDe! πŸ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | January 6, 2013, 8:09 AM
  6. TV is Mom’s favorite word! She will veg and watch every chance she gets. ….me too. We may need you over here to guard BOTH of us, DeDe!! πŸ™‚

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | January 6, 2013, 8:38 AM
  7. Put it this way, I’m still in my PJs at 3pm reading Blogs I follow, but I promise to get dressed and go out for a walk soon

Posted by countingducks | January 6, 2013, 8:47 AM
  8. Good for Jen – everyone needs what I “me” time. Today is my cooking day. I good food for the week, so that when I get home from work, I just have re-heat. I am cooking some boneless pork chops, a turkey thigh, squash and green beans. Now I need to go to Staples because my wireless mouse has decided not to work properly. I hope Jen enjoys her day. Love to you all – Joyce and Isaiah

Posted by Isaiah's Mom | January 6, 2013, 8:52 AM
  9. That’s nice of you to let Jen sleep in, she deserves it! I always let mom sleep but Jack wakes her up at exactly 7:40 on weekend mornings. He’s a bugger of a puppy.

Posted by Dexter | January 6, 2013, 8:56 AM
  10. I think we’re going to take an extra long walk. It’s not going to be all that warm today, but my husband has the day off so we can walk both dogs together. Generally, I walk them separately because they tend to misbehave when it is just me by myself trying to handle both of them at once. πŸ™‚

Posted by ILoveDogs | January 6, 2013, 9:31 AM
  11. Sunday is the day of rest, the lazy, daisy dog day at our house, shorter walks and lots of napping…I am also trying to forget that disaster of a football game last night with my Vikings, very sad game for this pup!

Posted by Emmadog | January 6, 2013, 9:39 AM
  12. I’m in the library studying!
    I hope you guys have a good day πŸ™‚

Posted by originalapplejunkie | January 6, 2013, 9:45 AM
  13. Mom thought she was going to sleep in today but we had a different idea….. sun rises we want the door opened. So after a cup of coffee she’s getting caught up on blogging. Happy Sunday.

Posted by PC PHOTO | January 6, 2013, 9:51 AM
  14. Quality time – we should all make sure we allow that πŸ™‚

Posted by mythreemoggies | January 6, 2013, 9:55 AM
  15. Who did it Graybie? Do they need a poke? πŸ˜‰

Posted by Animalcouriers | January 6, 2013, 10:04 AM
  16. Good for Jen to make time for herself πŸ™‚ Just make sure that you are all really quiet when she’s watching telly x.

Posted by shacklefordlb | January 6, 2013, 11:39 AM
  17. What to do? Nothing, anything…regenerate, recharge, relax!

Posted by Boomdeeadda | January 6, 2013, 12:10 PM
  18. That’s an excellent resolution to make. We hope Jen will get to keep it all year! OurPeople like to do all their errands on Saturday so they can stay in bed and read the Sunday paper. Some of us get in with them and take naps. The rest of us take naps in the sunroom or on the piano. It’s raining here, too, so it’s a good day for naps! ❀ Love & loud purring from all us kitties!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | January 6, 2013, 12:23 PM
  19. Maybe trying out a recipe for cinnamon rolls..

Posted by Roberta | January 6, 2013, 12:29 PM
  20. As it’s Monday in Australia I’m sending huMum to the shops for more noms for me, then we might veg in front of TV with air con on as hot hot hot summer and watch Tennis preparations for Australian Open on 14th … sooooooo very very busy

Posted by Jessie & Jane | January 6, 2013, 12:38 PM
  21. YAY – glad she’s getting some much needed rest, She should pretend she’s a cat and nap like we do. he he
    ;

Posted by mariodacat | January 6, 2013, 12:52 PM
  22. Face it Rump, our dog work is nevah done. No rest for da cookie monsters. BOL ChazzTheDog

Posted by adoptedmom | January 6, 2013, 12:52 PM
  23. Rumpy, that sounds great for Jen. Are you going to let her veg out or will you bug her to play or go for walks?

Have a good day.

Posted by BJ Pup (new name for Lynds Fisher) | January 6, 2013, 1:04 PM
  24. Hi there Dede! Such a pretty girl you are. I think Jen’s plans for the year sound splendid! Sorry to hear about the cat squabbles. We have them here now and again but my two girls are getting older and realize spending too much time seeking retribution for perceived wrongs takes too much energy! With my back acting up I’ll be pretty much confined to the comfy chair, football and my yarn crafts! Hugs to all of you.

Posted by saymber | January 6, 2013, 1:30 PM
  25. Just about exactly the same as Jen! πŸ™‚

Posted by europasicewolf | January 6, 2013, 4:01 PM
  26. Me too! Vegging out, I mean. πŸ˜‰

Posted by tita buds | January 6, 2013, 10:50 PM
  27. Hey DeDe, Jet here. Hi Miss Jen.

Great goal, everyone needs time to chill, we K9s can serve as your mentors in this arena!!!

Posted by heyitsjethere | January 7, 2013, 5:00 AM
  28. There’s nothing I like better than making up stories… so probably that if I get the me time.

Posted by Anne Schilde | January 12, 2013, 1:08 AM