It’s Inauguration Day!

Today is Inauguration Day in the US. Our president Barack Obama will be sworn in for his second term today. OK, so technically he was sworn in yesterday, but today is the public inauguration.

It's a national celebration!

It’s a national celebration!

Today is also Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It’s a day to celebrate the life of a man as well as a movement he personifies.

It’s an important day today, for both the US and the world.

Congratulations Mr. President!

23 thoughts on “It’s Inauguration Day!

1. A Day to remember 🙂
    Wishing your own good self a wonderful day … 🙂 Have a brilliant week also.. 🙂

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | January 21, 2013, 7:11 AM
  2. A Day of History as we celebrate the lives of two Americans who define the American experience. Yes, Congratulations Mr. President!

Posted by Sheila Morris | January 21, 2013, 7:12 AM
  3. It is Rumpy – hope some things wil be better for all of us ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | January 21, 2013, 7:14 AM
  4. It is a most important day indeed!

Posted by catchatcaren | January 21, 2013, 7:17 AM
  5. Your message is an important one. May we all work together for positive change that will benefit this country and its people. Bless you, Rumpy.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | January 21, 2013, 8:00 AM
  6. I did’nt know it was Inaugration day, ( not being in the US). don’t know if its a public holiday or anything, but I do know Martin Luther King was a great man, and anything done to keep his values alive always gets my support

Posted by countingducks | January 21, 2013, 8:20 AM
  7. Congratulations to, Mr. President. A friend of mine who lived in Ohio voted for him too.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Posted by haopee2 | January 21, 2013, 8:26 AM
  8. You are right sweet Rumpy. This is an important day. Have a wonderful day sweet friends! Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Chancy and Mumsy (Mag) | January 21, 2013, 8:35 AM
  9. We will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr Day in honor of equal treatment for black dogs and cats as they are still so often discriminated against. As for the inauguration, I will take a nap, we are not fans of politics in our house…just a bunch of clowns and actors making lots of money and going nothing at the expense of my dog treat supply.

Posted by Emmadog | January 21, 2013, 8:39 AM
  10. Quite the confluence (VBP) of events and history. Glad you are celebrating Rumpy. Me too!

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | January 21, 2013, 8:57 AM
  11. Our local newspaper publishes a different one of MLK Jr.’s speeches each birthday. I was only a toddler when he was killed but his words about race, poverty, and equality ring as true as ever.

I’d like to think, that as much as we still need to accomplish, he’d be pleased to see how far we’ve come.

Posted by somethingwagging | January 21, 2013, 9:54 AM
  12. We celebrate another day in history. Praying for our President and our nation.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Posted by fgassette | January 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
  13. Have a happy day Rumpy and family! Cheering you on from the great white north. Congratulations Mr President !

Posted by Boomdeeadda | January 21, 2013, 11:13 AM
  14. Exciting TV! Great music, and big excitement!

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | January 21, 2013, 11:45 AM
  15. Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Rumpy!

Posted by FleaByte | January 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
  16. Awesome! One thing though…Can you please remember Mr Obama, much as we in the UK respect you, we do not appreciate you tellling us whether or not we are to stay in EU! That is a decision for the British citizens to make not the President of the USA ! Cheers! Wolfie 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | January 21, 2013, 2:02 PM
  17. We saw President Barack Obama on TV today. Congratulations, on those remembering day! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | January 21, 2013, 2:24 PM
  18. Happy MLK Day lovely Rumpy and family! And yay for Prez Obama’s inauguration!!! A good day all round! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | January 21, 2013, 4:48 PM
  19. Congratulations, President Obama!! I think he’ll be more progressive in his second term!! May God be with him–and us!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | January 21, 2013, 10:47 PM
  20. Our mom dreads these days, and especially ones when people march on Washington. Living outside of DC, it disrupts everything and the traffic (which is very bad to start with) becomes horrendous. But, good wishes today to all. Its over until 4 years from now.

Posted by Oui Oui | January 21, 2013, 10:49 PM
  21. well said Rumpy

Posted by Jo Bryant | January 22, 2013, 12:59 AM
  22. I am a TV news junkie all day long and read TIME and US NEWS since I was 15 but not anymore. First time I did not watch something like this. Am I a cynic now because all seems out and beyond control of everyday citizens ? I’ve lost interest.

Posted by Carl D'Agostino | January 22, 2013, 8:38 PM