A Part of the Family

If you’re like me, you’re not just some pet relegated to the corner or *gasp* backyard. No, we’re beloved members of the family, right?

And that means that when family decisions are made, your needs are considered too.

Like when we moved, Jen worked with a realtor to find a place that allowed animals. Then she chose a place that best fit all of our needs.

And when she bought a car, she thought about being able to get us all inside of it in an emergency.

SubaruDogTested_Samson

Well, at Subaru, they know that dogs have been buying cars for years. And now they’ve added Grant Weber to the team. He sells Subarus to dogs.

And what a sales rep he is too! Did you see this commercial during the Puppy Bowl?

They even have this cool interactive app on their Facebook page that helps you find the right Subaru for YOUR dog! Grant told me that I’d look great in an Outback! woo woo woo!

SubaruDogTested_Brutus

So what decisions has YOUR family made where your needs were considered too? And yes, that includes cats, June Buggie!

This post is sponsored by Subaru. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about the Dog Tested. Dog Approved.™ campaign, but Rumpydog only shares news for things we support.

29 thoughts on “A Part of the Family

1. We’re obviously way behind the times – haven’t seen the Subaru ads. Love them!

Posted by Animalcouriers | February 8, 2013, 6:31 AM
  2. Mom always needs an SUV where there is enough space for us to be in the back buckled up, and when we bought our last house we needed a nice fenced yard in an area with lots of walking trails and sidewalks. Mom is a realtor and even has us in the photo on her business card 🙂 She is always talking to people about their pets and what needs they need to consider when buying a place.

Posted by Emmadog | February 8, 2013, 7:08 AM
  3. Great ads – I would buy this car if I had a credit card :o) All cars we had were dog-sized – no matter which color or style they had. Main thing was and is always, that it is ok for me ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | February 8, 2013, 7:10 AM
  4. No car is cat friendly as they all only go to one place …. THE V-E-T !!!

Posted by CATachresis | February 8, 2013, 7:18 AM
  5. We choose or design some of our furniture with our dogs in mind. 🙂 For example, last year we replaced our still-good bedframe with a very low platform bed because Bruno (our dachshund) just wouldn’t stop jumping up/down our bed and we were starting to worry about the possible damage to his spine. We do want to keep him with us as long as possible. 🙂

Posted by tita buds | February 8, 2013, 7:27 AM
  6. Those TV commercials are very funny and lovely! We love Subaru too! Yes like you said, me and our kitties are part of our family, so we should be considered whatever human do! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 8, 2013, 7:52 AM
  7. I love how that cat just drives off with the car the dog was wanting… so funny! 😀

Posted by ILoveDogs | February 8, 2013, 8:40 AM
  8. Subaru sure is a pet friendly bunch!

Posted by Brian | February 8, 2013, 8:49 AM
  9. We have three cats with a lot of litter boxes. Actually we use a very large under the bed storage box which works great. No one hovers over the end to pee or poop outside! Anyhow, when we finished our basement into a room, we made a cat litter room just for them. Their boxes are in there. It’s large enough so they are willing to go in without fear of getting cornered and we added shelving higher up so we have storage too. An all around win!

Posted by katecrimmins | February 8, 2013, 10:14 AM
  10. Those are cute commercials.

Posted by Russell Smith | February 8, 2013, 10:17 AM
  11. There are lots of apartments to pick from, but luckily Eko helped me narrow down the search because not that many places allow 90 pound dogs! It made my choices much less complicated.

Posted by Will and Eko | February 8, 2013, 11:47 AM
  12. Seems everyone is posting the Subaru ads today!
    Grant seems to be very very popular! LOLOLOL

Posted by gracie2801 | February 8, 2013, 12:35 PM
  13. Cats and dogs can sell anything! 😉

Posted by Geraldine | February 8, 2013, 12:37 PM
  14. Great idea by Subaru.

Posted by sethsnap | February 8, 2013, 1:19 PM
  15. Well….
    Yesterday I decided to go on a hunger/thirst strike. My scribe was worried about me, so she decided to let me stay in the house all night. ~;o)=
    Signed,
    Stella the Great Newfenees, via her sleep deprived scribe

Posted by canadianbooklady | February 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
  16. When we were moving, Mom said dog-friendly was the only deal-breaker.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 8, 2013, 3:52 PM
  17. Kind of like my old friends, who I visit. They have been living alone in their big old house with their teeny tiny dog.. for years, everything falling down around their ears.. two weeks ago their little old old dog died. So now they have put their house on the market and are moving into a retirement home.. Amazing aye.. c

Posted by cecilia | February 8, 2013, 8:27 PM
  18. When my hubby and I go out during the weekend, we try to find cities/towns/shops/restaurants that allow dogs. Thankfully, the amount of dog-friendly places here in California has increased since a few years ago! 🙂

Posted by Jessica | February 9, 2013, 9:49 AM
  19. Jen is one smart cookie!

Posted by The Hook | February 9, 2013, 11:56 AM
  20. Love the dog driving the Subaru ad.
    We made sure when we were moving from Central New York to Florida that our two cats would be welcome at the hotels we stayed at along the way. It’s good to check ahead. We went to one, realized it was no longer what it was billed to be, and left to find another hotel.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | February 9, 2013, 12:48 PM
  21. Very cute ads. I think pets sell products better than sexy ladies 😛

I also enjoyed the comments of the readers. I was much taken with the old couple who wouldn’t leave their old dog behind and waited until she passed on before they moved…also the people who bought a low bed to help protect their daschund’s spine.

But all the comments were beautiful. After reading about the abuse of dogs and cats who end up in shelters, reading this blog and its comments is like basking in a spring sun that’s peeking out of a winter’s end sky.

Posted by Sandra Bell Kirchman | February 9, 2013, 3:21 PM
    • Yep, I believe that more people take good care of their animal companions than don’t. And I fault the animal rescue community for not pointing that out. It’s really not all doom and gloom ya know; the pet products industry actually grew during the recession!

Posted by rumpydog | February 9, 2013, 3:24 PM
  22. We lived in the country for 25 years just so we could have a dog and a big yard…no regrets!

Posted by Boomdeeadda | February 9, 2013, 9:53 PM
  23. I hope they give you a Subaru 🙂 I saw the ads online and thought they were great. As you guys know, all of my decisions for my family are made after great consideration of the effect on all of us: me, Bubba, Bella and Beary. They’re definitely part of my family. And a very important part at that!

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | February 10, 2013, 10:46 PM

Little Girl insists my office chair is hers. I’ll have to break down and get a chair for me. #cat #catsofinstagram #catstagram #caturday #cats #blackcat #housepanther #IWantMyChairBack