Please and Thank You

I want to thank you all for your kind words, your prayers and that powerful energy you sent my way. It truly does make a difference.

Because we all need a laugh!

Because we all need a laugh!

I believe like many of you do, that when one door closes, another opens. But when it’s me that’s standing in that hallway, I need you to remind me of what I believe.

I am breathing. I am reminding myself to not fight, but to go with the flow. That all things happen for a reason, including this.

Last night I thought about our current circumstances, and made some decisions about some things. I decided that it’s time to make some changes.

Keep that positive energy flowing my way as I move forward.

Rumpy is in the running for Mr. World Spay Day 2013. Thirty of you voted for him yesterday. To you I give a big hearty thank you.

For the rest of you, I offer this rationale for putting him into the race:

Recent studies have shown that one of the BEST determinants of responsible pet ownership is in providing needed medical care.

We all know that spaying of companion animals is important. But did you know that most low-cost spay/neuter programs do so much more?

They provide needed vaccinations if the animal has not yet had them.

They offer counseling to the caretaker on how to most responsibly care for that animal, including recommendations regarding veterinary care.

In other words, if we can get people and their pets into the door of a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, the likelihood they will continue to be responsible in caring for that animal increases exponentially.

We NEED to promote this vital service all around the world.

And as more people become proactive in the care of their companion animals, I believe they will also become more proactive in the care of ALL animals.

So I ask you to please help me spread this message to others by voting and by asking your friends to do so as well.

It’s not about Rumpy winning. It’s about ALL animals winning.

Thank you.

65 thoughts on “Please and Thank You

1. You are so lovely ๐Ÿ™‚ You know my heart always beats for you all, my fingers crossed. Good Luck dearest all. Love, nia

Posted by niasunset | February 13, 2013, 5:41 AM
  2. Good luck with the job hunt. Thank you for doing this promotion … and big smiles for Rumpy in curlers.

Posted by Jamie Dedes | February 13, 2013, 5:51 AM
  3. When one door closes another one opens. That how I try to look at things. I hope everything works out for you. Now, how on earth did you get Rumpy to pose for that picture – I love it.
    Love to all Joyce and Isaiah

Posted by Isaiah's Mom | February 13, 2013, 5:51 AM
  4. You would be a terrific and positive asset to any company that would have you! Prayers for your future position!

Posted by Maria Appleby | February 13, 2013, 6:03 AM
  5. I hope all things will fall into place. I like your hair styling – how does it look if the curlers are removed? Like an alaskan poodlemute?

Posted by easyweimaraner | February 13, 2013, 6:18 AM
  6. OMD! How did your fur look after the curlers???

Posted by Emmadog | February 13, 2013, 6:28 AM
  7. Sometimes making the decision to change directions is more difficult than the change itself. I hope that holds true for you. It has for me. May you find that place in your world that brings you great success combined with happiness and fulfillment.

Murphy and I love the curlers. Woofs n wags!

Posted by Dee Bogetti (@DeeBogetti) | February 13, 2013, 6:31 AM
  8. Great attitude Rumpy (Jen) – you all are going to be fine.

Posted by saymber | February 13, 2013, 6:41 AM
  9. Wow, what a lot of courage it takes to get a shock and follow it up with taking a deep breath and making a hard decision. I’m impressed and awed by your fortitude.

There are many places that would be blessed to have your creativity and smarts. I wish you good luck in finding the right match.

Posted by somethingwagging | February 13, 2013, 6:48 AM
  10. Big furry hugs Rumpy x Pleasure to vote

Posted by mythreemoggies | February 13, 2013, 6:57 AM
  11. Every good wish for the best job for Jen ๐Ÿ™‚ Rumpy you look very fetching. You off to the Valentine’s ball? mol

Posted by CATachresis | February 13, 2013, 7:07 AM
  12. Hang in there and try to keep your spirits up. Among all the other things, that can be the hardest to do. We’re all pulling for you.

Posted by Teepee12 | February 13, 2013, 7:10 AM
  13. It will all be good, Jen. Cheers from over here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by tita buds | February 13, 2013, 7:18 AM
  14. *hugs* good luck on your journey to find another job. Too bad you can’t move down to the Tampa bay area where I am, there are a lot of houses for rent and there are some jobs as well. Whatever you decide, I’m sending positive thoughts to you.

Posted by ilovecats | February 13, 2013, 7:20 AM
  15. I’m very sorry about what’s been happning to your family, Rumpy.
    I’ll continue to send powerful energy and lots of prayers to Jen and your family.
    I totally agree with you asking of the importance of spay/neuter, Rumpy. I shared it on my FB already and am very pleased to do so.
    I’m so happy to work for something good for animals with you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 13, 2013, 7:53 AM
  16. LOL!!! I can’t wait to see your hair after those curlers come out! We voted. Keep reminding us and we’ll keep voting. What a great cause. ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by ILoveDogs | February 13, 2013, 8:27 AM
  17. Done! (again ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Posted by Bluejellybeans | February 13, 2013, 8:43 AM
  18. Oh Rumpy! I have something that would cheer you up.. it’s a valentine award.. please go to my award page to pick it up.. http://peacelovenwhiskers.com/about/awards/

Posted by ilovecats | February 13, 2013, 8:53 AM
  19. I hope it all works out for the best.

Posted by Clowie | February 13, 2013, 9:04 AM
  20. it will work out rumpy jen and june buggie and all xo aLL love and prayers your way xo

Posted by Cat Forsley | February 13, 2013, 9:25 AM
  21. Getting Bob to share this on his group page at FB. Being a cat the rollers (like a lot of things) frightened him a bit so he asked me to let you know that he is very supportive as the both of us usually are. Meanwhile, Winston is playing with a bug.

Posted by Kathy Michael | February 13, 2013, 9:36 AM
  22. Voted again today Rumps. Be of good spirits, God provides, not always what we want, but what we need. Love ya’ll.

Posted by Jennifer Threet | February 13, 2013, 9:51 AM
  23. Good luck in the competition you beautiful dog!! And lots of strength for your family. What you stand for is incredibly important, it helps so many animals all across the globe.

Posted by LifeOfBun | February 13, 2013, 9:57 AM
  24. Hope you win, and I’m sorry about all the stress you’re going through right now.

Posted by Moxie Reviewsโ„ข (@MoxieReviews) | February 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
  25. Haha, Rumpy! I tried curlers in my tail hairs….I hope yours came out better than mine!

Pee Ess: I voted again!!

Posted by sagechronicles | February 13, 2013, 10:28 AM
  26. Love the Curlers!!!

That’s the Spirit.. when life gives you LEMONS… Think LEMONAIDE!!!

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | February 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
  27. Way to stay positive! And if you ever need a smile, I think that photo of Rumpy in curlers will do the trick! Works like a charm for me.

Posted by Will and Eko | February 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
  28. Good Luck Rumpy! 152 votes so far! Rumpy, and family, as you go through this difficult time Cayman & I wish for you to have peace and happiness, always.

Posted by Love and a Little Red Dog | February 13, 2013, 12:03 PM
  29. Voted!

Hugs your way. I know how that goes and it’s rough. How about I send you a cute little fuzzball named Eugene to drive a little bit on Saturday to cheer you up! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted by yourdailycute | February 13, 2013, 1:58 PM
  30. I just know good things will head your way!

Posted by Brian | February 13, 2013, 2:00 PM
  31. Murphy and I will continue to vote every day!! And while it sounds like you’re going through a rough patch right now, I truly believe something better will be on the horizon!

*HUG*

Posted by Holly | February 13, 2013, 2:20 PM
  32. Where do I vote at?

Posted by Leigh Ann davis | February 13, 2013, 2:28 PM
  33. Vote – done.
    Positive energy – always.
    New job – fingers crossed…(Rumpy, maybe you should become a professional model.)

Posted by saved by dogs | February 13, 2013, 4:53 PM
  34. Voted for Rumpy! Try to keep yourself in as peaceful mood, as possible. Sometimes opportunity speaks in a quiet voice. But, when you hear it and know it is right – everything will fall into place!

Posted by mydailyminefield | February 13, 2013, 5:13 PM
  35. (a) that photo is utterly hilarious!
    (b) we voted again – using a couple of different email addresses – woo woo
    (c) we asked people to vote for you in today’s anniversary blog – http://wp.me/p1m5Gv-18P

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | February 13, 2013, 5:17 PM
  36. Our daily vote is in. Your message is an important one. I know this well. I had 3 puppies before Mom found me. I don’t know what happened to them, and for a long time, I didn’t know what was going to happen to me!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 13, 2013, 5:33 PM
  37. Love the photo Rumpy… Your post title reminded me of an old manager. She lived by those words I think. I’m off to vote for Mr. Rumpy again today!

Posted by Ann Paws | February 13, 2013, 5:33 PM
  38. Rumpy, you are a poster child for companion dogs. Photoshop or not, it did give me food laugh.

Good luck. I hope you win. (i voted for you yesterday.) The cause is so important. I low income communities. If dogs are not spayed or neutered, the population increases where people don’t have the funds to care for the explosion.

Posted by BJ Pup | February 13, 2013, 6:45 PM
  39. Rumpy, dogs are the best – that’s a great picture.
    Houston had a no cost spay/neuter program today with lots showing up. It’s so important.
    I’ve passed contest link to my friends who Facebook. Will try to think up a post to highlight your efforts – you are the champ!
    Paws all crossed that Jen will discover a wonderful opportunity soon. (Even RC is meditating on it). Hugs and soft cheek pats to all.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 13, 2013, 8:44 PM
  40. Not sure what is going on but sending lots of positive vibes!
    Now Rumpy, we must see how your hair turned out after the curlers came off! :))

Posted by gracie2801 | February 13, 2013, 8:54 PM
  41. I love, love that photo of you Rumpy, with your “do” in curlers. But you know what I love even more? The way your human advocates so passionately for our animal companions. You both rock! many good vibes being sent your way.

Posted by drangedinaz | February 13, 2013, 10:09 PM
  42. Never lose your hope and faith!! God is with you!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | February 13, 2013, 10:11 PM
  43. We want to know if there are cat-size curler hats! Some of us have long fur and think we’d look quite fetching if it was curly. OurPerson is voting for you every day, Rumpy, and keeping you and DeDe, Jen and the kitties in her heart until you’re all safe, settled and thriving once again. We love you!! Soothing purrs from all of us…RainboweCatsx8

Posted by dogsleder | February 14, 2013, 2:02 AM
  44. I hear echos of myself here…when the house repossession was being battled. No matter what good advice you can offer others its totally different when its you. It can be scary at times, a bit overwhelming on occasion and most of the time a very lonely path via ultimately despite any support you’re walking it alone. Fighting for positivity as you are in making decisions and making definite changes helps a lot – I find it gives back some much needed sense of having a modicum of control over your life – important because these situations can in your darker moments create a depressing and destructive sense of helplessness…and you’re not! You have to walk thru the darkness for a little while to see the welcoming light of relief and new found security on the other side.

Posted by europasicewolf | February 14, 2013, 4:43 AM
  45. You are such a positive force. Keeping you lifted up.

Posted by Valentine Logar | February 14, 2013, 6:01 AM
  46. you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The
    site loading pace is amazing. It seems that
    you’re doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore,
    The contents are masterpiece. you have done a magnificent job on this
    topic!

Posted by veterinarian emergency hotline | July 8, 2014, 1:55 PM

1. Pingback: It’s our second blogiversary! | bumpyroadtobubba - February 13, 2013

I say I'm helping Jen work, but she says I'm a hindrance. I say shes full of it. #eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram