Twenty-five Reasons to Spay/Neuter Your Pet

MEOW! June Buggie here insisting that you vote for Rumpy in the World Spay Day Pet Pageant.
I got the low down on spay/neuter

I got the low down on spay/neuter

And to convince you that spay/neuter of companion animals is of vital importance, I offer you these 25 reasons to spay or neuter your pet.

• It prevents unwanted pregnancies
  • It prevents uterine infections in females
  • It prevents breast cancer in females
  • It prevents testicular cancer in males
  • Your female won’t yowl constantly, driving you nuts
  • Your male dog won’t roam away from home
  • Early neutering reduces the risk of aggressive behavior in males
  • The cost of surgery is much less than the cost of raising a litter
  • Spay/neuter reduces the number of animals on the street
  • It helps fight companion animal over-population
  • You avoid the mess caused by your female bleeding to mark her territory
  • Your companion animal will be less distracted
  • Your companion animal will be more easily trained
  • Your companion animal will be a more contented member of your family
  • It reduces the tendency of your companion animal to bite
  • Your neighbors won’t be angry when your male marks his territory in their yard
  • It reduces the cost to the government for the care of unwanted animals
  • It reduces the number of birds and other wildlife injured or killed by stray/feral animals
  • It curbs anxiety experienced by intact companion animals
  • It won’t cause weight gain in your pet
  • Spayed females shed less fur
  • It does NOT lessen your pet’s “manhood.” I’m neutered and ALL the ladies love me!
  • Your companion animal will be back to their normal activities within a day or two
  • As long as a pup or kitten weighs more than two pounds and is 8 weeks old, he or she can be neutered or spayed.
  • All the cool dogs and cats are spayed!
And nobody's cooler than me!And nobody’s cooler than me!
  Don’t forget to vote for my dog Rumpy to represent you as Mr. World Spay Day 2013. You can vote once per day.

37 thoughts on “Twenty-five Reasons to Spay/Neuter Your Pet

1. We’re voting every day – and according to your last point above, Bella & Beary are cool dogs! But we knew that 🙂

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | February 23, 2013, 5:03 AM
  2. Great post. Sharing.

Posted by Sue at Talking Dogs | February 23, 2013, 5:18 AM
  3. My daily vote is in. It’s hard to argue with those 25 reasons! I’m happy I’m finally one of the “cool” pets.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 23, 2013, 5:28 AM
  4. Very true June Buggie!!!! Especially the last one is great! Hee hee…
    It’s really humans responsibility to get fixed their companion animals for both of them! Thanks very much for reminding us these reasons!
    We strongly support Rumpy for Mr World Spay Day! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 23, 2013, 5:37 AM
  5. How can we resist you June Buggie? Voted …. very meekly ! 🙂

Posted by CATachresis | February 23, 2013, 7:14 AM
  6. What a great post, thanks for sharing the info with everyone!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | February 23, 2013, 7:38 AM
  7. Right on!!!! We love your post.

Posted by kim327 | February 23, 2013, 7:58 AM
  8. I vote daily [and for good reasons too!!!!]
    Rumpy Rumpy Rumpy!!!!!!!
    🙂

Posted by marina kanavaki | February 23, 2013, 8:07 AM
  9. What a great list! Thanks for the info June Buggie!!! I’m not so sure about the spayed females shedding less fur. Maya’s fur is everywhere, including parts of the house that are off limits. 🙂

Posted by ILoveDogs | February 23, 2013, 8:19 AM
  10. Yep it’s a good thing. I was when I was 6 months old only 2 days after I adopted my MOM.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | February 23, 2013, 8:23 AM
  11. Works for me!! Thank you for sharing these great reasons for spay/neuter!

Posted by Zee and Zoey - Deb Barnes | February 23, 2013, 9:04 AM
  12. Already voted- but great reasons why, June Buggie. Thanks

Posted by dogdaz | February 23, 2013, 9:18 AM
  13. I had trouble voting before. But I was able to cast my vote today for you, Rumpy. Sure hope you win. Your blog does a wonderful job of advocating for our animal friends and companions.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | February 23, 2013, 12:16 PM
  14. That’s a lot of reasons! 😉

Posted by europasicewolf | February 23, 2013, 2:15 PM
  15. I’ve been voting!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | February 23, 2013, 3:09 PM
  16. Nice list, and voted again!

Posted by LifeOfBun | February 23, 2013, 5:14 PM
  17. I got the 702 vote yesterday and will be off shortly to vote again. Good luck RumpyDog!

Posted by georgefloreswrite | February 23, 2013, 6:59 PM
  18. Wow great list guys! 25 reasons! That’s great.

Posted by Ann Paws | February 24, 2013, 1:17 AM
  19. Hi Rumpydog! I gotted spayed last August and I am 8 years old! The Human just could not get me in a cat carrier before! (But don’t worry–I never gotted outside to make kittens or anything!) We voted for you!

Posted by spittythekitty | February 24, 2013, 2:05 AM
  20. Fantastic list! Just goes to show, there are many reasons spay/neuter can be a positive decision for a pet owner.

Thank you for blogging the change for animals!
    KimT
    btc4animals.com

Posted by Kim T | February 24, 2013, 9:58 AM
  21. There were many facts in your post that I never knew about regarding spaying/neutering our pets! Taylor had her procedure done thanks to the shelter we adopted her from. It’s a requirement in our city to have all pets spayed/neutered before they are adopted out. Thank you so much for spreading the word!!

Posted by Jessica | February 24, 2013, 11:11 AM
  22. Mimi approves!

Posted by Bernadette | February 24, 2013, 12:20 PM
  23. Thank you for participating in the BTC4A World Spay Day Blog Hop and spreading the word about the importance of spay/neuter. I hope Rumpy wins Mr. World Spay Day 2013!

Posted by vscook | March 1, 2013, 9:32 PM