Why I Love My Vet Clinic!

I told you that Saturday was a stressful day. But in addition to having to load up the gang and clear out for another showing, Jen had made a vet appointment for Little Girl to check out her eye at the same time the Realtor was to show the house.

This is my vet clinic!

This is my vet clinic!

So when we got to the vet clinic, Jen called them and explained what was going on.  And THIS is what our vet clinic did for us:

They put me and DeDe in an outside run while Jen was inside talking to the vet.

Little Girl had peed in her carrier. Jen wiped it out but it still had an odor. The vet tech washed it out.

Jen talked to the vet about the anxiety in our home right now, and discussed using Rescue Remedy in addition to Feliway.

And oh yeah, the FIRST time the house was shown, and Jen hauled us all to the vet clinic, then had to call and ask to let us stay overnight because the people decided to look the next day instead, our vet clinic let us stay, no problem, AND didn’t charge us for the whole gang.

Are they awesome or what?

It was a big deal for Jen, because that kindness was sorely needed right now.

I hope you all have a vet that’s just as wonderful…. or at least mostly so.

icn_hospital

Speaking of kindnesses, YOU are the kindest bunch of readers a dog could have! You have voted for me daily in the World Spay Day Pet Pageant. THANK YOU! And please keep voting every day until March 13th!

45 thoughts on “Why I Love My Vet Clinic!

1. Hugs Rumpy I’m so glad you all have such a wonderful vet *whispers* don’t tell anyone but we love our vet too even if she gives me nasty injection once a year … I hope the Rescue Remedy works and the anxiety abates and you find a new home very very soon!

Posted by Jessie & Jane | February 25, 2013, 5:15 AM
  2. That’s fantastic. We have a great v-e-t too. Sometimes it’s the seemingly insignificant things that really matter when you’re having bad day. 🙂

Posted by Flo | February 25, 2013, 5:26 AM
  3. Wow what an amazing vet clinic! I have nightmares about sometme showing our home. Our clinic is great but no way could they take all of us to stay its not big enough

urban hounds

Posted by urban hounds | February 25, 2013, 5:27 AM
  4. The vets Neurotic Cat and I go to are very good . . . but I prefer to see them outside of the surgery! 😉

Posted by Rosie Bear | February 25, 2013, 5:57 AM
  5. love my vet too! Hope all is well with the eye!

Posted by catchatcaren | February 25, 2013, 6:08 AM
  6. Aw…how wonderful of your vet! Good luck with everything… change is tough.
    Purrs, Sundae

Posted by Dianna | February 25, 2013, 6:11 AM
  7. There are some amazing, kind, devoted-to-animals people out there. Love to you all xx.

Posted by shacklefordlb | February 25, 2013, 6:37 AM
  8. Our vet clinic is super nice to us too but I still can’t stand them…scares me to death to go there for any reason!

Posted by Emmadog | February 25, 2013, 6:46 AM
  9. So sorry to hear about all the hardship you are going through. Very pleased to hear that you have such a wonderful and understanding vet. PS- been and voted again and really holding thumbs and paws and tails and everything that you win.

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | February 25, 2013, 6:51 AM
  10. sounds really great Rumpy ;o) …a kingdom for a good vet ! I’m glad you have one and me too. and I wish all would have a really good vet ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | February 25, 2013, 7:14 AM
  11. WOW – that is some vet clinic. Guess you’ll be going to them anytime you need a vet! I sure would.

Posted by mariodacat | February 25, 2013, 7:49 AM
  12. These ‘small’ kindnesses can make a difficult situation so much easier to cope with. Great to know you’re being looked after by good people.

Posted by Animalcouriers | February 25, 2013, 8:04 AM
  13. Wow! I’m so glad you’re vet is so sweet, Rumpy!!!
    Ours is not so good….*sniff*
    I hope that all of your stree will be away soon!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 25, 2013, 8:24 AM
  14. I have a great vet too, but he is my second one. Mom wasn’t too happy with the first one, it was all about the money with that one. Glad everything worked out well with you and yours, nobody needs that kind of stress!

Posted by gracie2801 | February 25, 2013, 8:45 AM
  15. You do have an awesome vet clinic!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | February 25, 2013, 8:50 AM
  16. I’m sorry you all are stressed I hope the rescue remedy works. Sounds like a great vet. Glad you found a good one. Good luck on finding a new place.

Posted by ilovecats | February 25, 2013, 8:57 AM
  17. It sure is nice to have a Vet like that Rumpy. Ours is so very nice, we just wish it was closer.

Posted by Brian | February 25, 2013, 9:19 AM
  18. Sounds like a great vet! Ours is pretty good. Maya loves them. Pierson had a bad experience at the emergency pet hospital, but it was not because they did anything wrong. He had a severe bloody nose and they had to treat it. Now he is terrified of the vet and peed on me during his last visit.

Posted by ILoveDogs | February 25, 2013, 9:43 AM
  19. Glad Jen found support for her and you guys at the vet clinic:) Happy Monday!

Posted by cravesadventure | February 25, 2013, 10:27 AM
  20. That’s so nice of them:-)

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | February 25, 2013, 10:45 AM
  21. A good vet is our best friends’ best friend! Glad you guys have a good team to take care of the crew.

Posted by Will and Eko | February 25, 2013, 11:16 AM
  22. Wow send the vets to the UK 🙂

Posted by mythreemoggies | February 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
  23. A blessing for sure in the middle of a little bit of chaos.. LOl! Take care!

Posted by Roberta | February 25, 2013, 12:42 PM
  24. The Red Man sends Paw Snaps and Twirls to your awesome VET!!

Posted by Sheila Morris | February 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
  25. Your vet clinic is awesome!! 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | February 25, 2013, 1:02 PM
  26. When you’re treated unfairly by one person, it’s nice to know someone else balances it out with kindness.

At least you’ll have some really good memories as you look back on this stressful time.

Posted by somethingwagging | February 25, 2013, 1:53 PM
  27. That is the sweetest, nicest vet clinic I ever heard of! Kindness changes lives. They ‘get’ that!!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 25, 2013, 2:22 PM
  28. Oh Rumpy, I hope things work out for you all soon! Perhaps Jen could have some of that Rescue Remedy!! Voted 🙂

Posted by CATachresis | February 25, 2013, 3:10 PM
  29. What a relief to hear about your silver lining in the midst of a stressful time! I’m so glad you like the vet clinic. 🙂

Posted by FleaByte | February 25, 2013, 3:31 PM
  30. Whew. It’s good to have understanding friends. We’ve been through 4 vets with RC and finally found a good clinic – with a boarding/training place next door. Molly is a bit wary of the vet due to all her previous medical issues and treatment, but the doggie camp kids have won her over…we just need to have a safe place with kind people in case of emergency and we need to board. We used the plug-in when Molly first came to live here – not 100% stress remover, but did help.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 25, 2013, 4:07 PM
  31. That was super nice of them not to charge you for the stay. Very lucky guys!

Posted by Ann Paws | February 25, 2013, 7:29 PM
  32. Rescue remedy is pretty good stuff. 🙂 Hope it works!
    And what an awesome vet!

Posted by Dianda | February 26, 2013, 8:49 AM
  33. That’s the best. Rescue remedy is good and we also use Happy Traveler. Our vet is great also. Because we do a lot of rescue we get discounts, free visits, and he’ll even come in and sleep in the office if there’s a serious emergency. We thank our lucky stars for him. We’re holding you all in our hearts that this transitional period is not too difficult and you get resettled where you’ll all be happy. And, last but not least some of my friends on facebook saw the post and voted for you also! Go Rumpydog!!! Max, Bella, and mom Paulette the typist.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | February 26, 2013, 9:40 AM
  34. What a fantastic vet, Rumpy! What a stressfull situation you’re going through. Hope you’re all settled very soon 🙂

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | February 27, 2013, 2:38 AM
  35. That’s wonderful that you’ve found a clinic that you love so much! We had pretty good luck with Rescue Remedy – I just wrote a post about it (and separation anxiety) over on The Wily Hound. It might be helpful for some of your readers! (http://thewilyhound.com/2013/02/27/doggone-it-separation-anxiety/)

Posted by Chrissy | February 27, 2013, 1:14 PM
  36. Hi Rumpu Dog!! WE are new to your blog having voted for you a week ago or so!!! I am so glad your Mum & all of you have such a good Vet!!! I too am blessed to have an amazing Vet where I live also!!!
    Dr. Dave has gone abve & beyond many times for my previous Siamese MINGFLOWER & for my Kittygirl now: Nylablue who is a pawful to say the least!!!
    I know if I need anything special Dr. Dave would do the same for us here!!! That is the mark of a GREAT VET!!!
    I once asked Sr. DAve who his hero is & replied “James Herriot” the Vet in UK after WW1 & into WW11!! I knew then he was going to be my Vet for a very long time!!!!
    I am praying for things to go better for your Mum & for all of you to find a new place soon!!
    Sincerely, Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue too (from the Purrfect Pad).

Posted by Nylabluesmum | February 27, 2013, 7:39 PM
  37. I hope that by now that your anxiety and stress has been relieved. Also, that you are now settled in a permanent place that everyone of you love.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 2, 2013, 1:06 PM
  38. True heroes. We all need ’em!

Posted by kathryningrid | March 2, 2013, 4:33 PM

‪I'm eatin so good! Jen says she is as happy as a pig in slop!!! Now maybe I can gain some weight. ‬#eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram