Dear DeDe

Happy Mother’s Day from DeDe!

Oh Dog! DeDe here wishing you a Happy Mother’s Day to our friends in the UK, Ireland and Nigeria! And if you celebrate the holiday today, then to you as well!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother’s Day!

Here in the US, most of us changed over to Daylight Savings Time this morning. That means Jen will be draggy for a couple of weeks as her body adjusts. As an old dog, it takes me awhile to get used to things too.

I want to thank every one of you that has supported Rumpy in the World Spay Day Pet Pageant! You have voted and have asked your friends to vote. You have suffered through countless posts and tweets begging for your vote. And this Wednesday, it’s all over.

World Spay Day Pet Pagent

But there is a secret some of you already know- we’ve known that Rumpy didn’t have a chance of winning.

Yes, he brought in lots of votes. So did his competition.  In fact, the leader has 3 times as many votes as him.  You can see the tally for yourself here.

So why did we drive all of you crazy with our non-stop begging for votes?  For the very reason we told you we got into the race. This is about spreading the word. And boy, did you ever!

I dream of a day when spay/neuter of companion animals is the norm in all parts of the world. Thanks to you, we are taking a giant leap toward making that happen!

Have a rockin’ week everybody!!!!

35 thoughts on “Happy Mother’s Day from DeDe!

1. We all have to do our part, even if it’s clicking on a website to increase the awareness of spay/neuter. We have a large amusement park locally and the grounds supervisor has worked to catch the feral cats and spay/neuter them. For those he missed, he has worked to socialize the kittens and adopt them out. Everyone has something they can do.

Posted by katecrimmins | March 10, 2013, 7:49 AM
  2. Hi Dear DeDe! *waving* Hmmm….we don’t have “Daylight Savings Time” in Japan, so we’re very interested in what it is like….
    It’s a shame that Rumpy won’t have a chance to win the competition…Yes I looked at the tally….However I’m sure Rumpy did very well to spread the word and we, too hope that all of those innocent animals will get fixed and won’t have miserable life anymore! Thanks very much for what he has done for us, animals Dear DeDe. We still continue voting for you until the very end.
    Have a lovely Sunday Dear DeDe and your family! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 10, 2013, 8:22 AM
  3. I have given you the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, which is both the Very Versatile Blogger and Very Inspiring Blogger combined. I hope you will drop by and collect your well-deserved kudos 🙂

Posted by Teepee12 | March 10, 2013, 9:49 AM
  4. Hey as long as we vote and share our voting the word spreads…pawsome strategy!

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | March 10, 2013, 10:03 AM
  5. Dee Dee, Rumpy was very brave to get into a race he didn’t have a chance if winning. Principles are important and Rumpy demonsrated that. The cause is important and it would go a long way in reducing the numbers in shelters, etc. Good for you.

Posted by BJ Pup | March 10, 2013, 10:11 AM
  6. We already adjusted to the new hour figuring we get to eat an hour earlier 🙂 Since I am from the UK, I decided to be extra nice to mom today…why not give her a second mom’s day…we love our mom’s so it is easy to try to spoil them like they spoil us !

Posted by Emmadog | March 10, 2013, 10:14 AM
  7. I’m rooting for you, Rumpy. Win or lose, you’re still a champ in my eyes for the work you do for our fur-legged friends.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 10, 2013, 10:43 AM
    • In the end, it’s all about the energy we create in this world. There are plenty who would create negative energy. We have shown here that we can each create a massive wave of positive energy!

Posted by rumpydog | March 10, 2013, 5:48 PM
  8. Oh rumpy you spread the word and don’t worry about not winning you tried and got people involved and that’s what counts. 🙂

Posted by ilovecats | March 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
  9. WE just stayed in BED an extra hour this morning… to make up fur springing our clocks forward. hehehehehe

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | March 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
  10. 2547 Rumpy, Hard to believe anyone as lovable as you is not in 1st place. Your 1st in our hearts. Mozie and Homer says even though you are a dog they love you.

Posted by Jennifer Threet | March 10, 2013, 12:50 PM
  11. You are a winner anyway, Rumpy, for who you are and what you do!!!
    🙂

Posted by marina kanavaki | March 10, 2013, 1:22 PM
  12. You are pawsome!

Posted by Kim T | March 10, 2013, 2:13 PM
  13. DeDe you completely made me think I missed Mother’s Day here in Canada for a minute. My heart stopped for a second, good thing I didn’t just read the title!

Rumpy, we think that you did great in the World Spay Day Pet Pageant. 5th place in the entire world is something to be proud about!

Posted by dextersdays | March 10, 2013, 2:29 PM
  14. Getting the message out there matters. We are glad to be a part of it.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 10, 2013, 3:52 PM
  15. So right! Someday it will be the law of the land. But until them, you have my vote! Happy Mother’s Day to you too.

Posted by dogdaz | March 10, 2013, 6:36 PM
  16. Very thoughtful of you to remember our Mothers Day! It’s different to yours isn’t it? That always throws me into a panic thinking I’ve forgotten my mum 😉 Had the same problem tonight seeing ref’s to the clocks changing your side of the pond – must confess I thought it was only the UK did that…oops! That panicked me too till I realised ours don’t change till the end of the month so I’m not about to lose precious Wolfie sleep just yet 🙂 Anyway, thanks for remembering us here 🙂 I’m not a mum…apart from to a cat a the furry pups but that’s besides the point. You still remembered us and that’s kinda special…thanks! Wolfie hugs to all you guys 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | March 10, 2013, 8:19 PM
  17. We’re still voting, it’s not about winning {although it would have been fun if Rumpy did win}!

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | March 10, 2013, 9:12 PM
  18. DeDe! You have the sweetest face! And we love your ears, too. In fact, we love everyone at your house, especially your mom!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | March 11, 2013, 3:55 AM
  19. 7th place out of 6,350 entries is WAY COOL!!!

Posted by ILoveDogs | March 11, 2013, 9:36 AM
  20. DeDe – that is a lovely portrait of you!
    Jen and Rumpy – not such a shabby showing in the contest Whoohoo! Tough competition – You are still a winner! Awareness is the most important thing – and you bark with a loud voice! Thanks for all you do

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 12, 2013, 7:17 PM