I Have Been Falsely Accused!

On Saturday, March 9th, a terrible crime was committed at our home! Sometime between 8:30 AM, when Jen left out to commence her investigation, and 11:00 AM, when she returned….. well, you can see for yourself.

How did this happen?

How did this happen?

Jen was understandably upet. So was I. How could this have happened without my knowing?

conducting an investigation of my own

conducting an investigation of my own

Now, wait just a minute Jen! You don’t think that I had anything to do with this…. do you? It’s just a coincidence that I developed an upset tummy Saturday night. I’m innocent, I tell ya!

See? There's a cat! THAT should be your prime suspect!

See? There’s a cat! THAT should be your prime suspect!

It appears each of the cat food cans were licked clean, so DNA testing may take place, unless someone goes ahead and confesses.

I'm working on my defense

I’ve been framed!

In the meantime, I am working on my defense.

103 thoughts on “I Have Been Falsely Accused!

1. I say innocent!

Posted by jmgoyder | March 11, 2013, 5:04 AM
  2. If you need an alibi, we have a standard form of words used to great effect on multiple occasions. It’s actually based on Pinnochio’s denial of culpability from Shrek.

Posted by minlit | March 11, 2013, 5:06 AM
  3. Innocent until proven guilty! Upset tummy coincidence πŸ™‚

Posted by maggie68d | March 11, 2013, 5:07 AM
  4. This is wonderful!

We have had such investigations!

I have to say from looking at the photos innocence has been perfected! πŸ™‚

Posted by Journeyintopoetry | March 11, 2013, 5:07 AM
  5. Give her the “Innocent Face” followed very quickly by the “I Love You” Face…always works for me! bark bark bark

Posted by Deborah Boza Valledor | March 11, 2013, 5:09 AM
  6. I’m sure your tummy was only upset because you were stressed that it happened – not because you ate all that trash!!

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | March 11, 2013, 5:11 AM
  7. Oh the injustice! Of course the cat did it!

Posted by georgefloreswrite | March 11, 2013, 5:11 AM
  8. I believe some serious sucking up is in order … just in case your defense falls apart!!

Posted by CATachresis | March 11, 2013, 5:11 AM
  9. Oh dear Rumpy, I do hope you can find a really good lawyer to represent you. It’s always difficult to fight the accusations when you’ve been framed like that πŸ™‚

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | March 11, 2013, 5:26 AM
  10. Bribes always work! Get Mommy some jewelery & she’ll forget all about it! LOL Anyhow, something must have been in the air this weekend, because I (Bella) was bad too on Saturday, but I was caught in action.

Posted by Nikitaland | March 11, 2013, 5:29 AM
  11. *wink* I know your innocent – I will even give you an alibi *wink wink*

Posted by Isaiah's Mom | March 11, 2013, 5:48 AM
  12. Wow ! The purrfect crime, somebody put a lot of thought into this. This must have required some sophisticated prepurration Rumpy. I don’t think you should worry about the investigation, there’s no way you could have done this.

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | March 11, 2013, 5:51 AM
  13. Rumpy, you’ve obviously been framed. Those evil birds (who I hear have teamed up with some pesky squirrels) must’ve sneaked in while your back was turned!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | March 11, 2013, 5:51 AM
  14. Never admit to anything! No cameras, no proof! Pretty sure it was the cat!

Posted by Leigh Ann davis | March 11, 2013, 5:59 AM
  15. How could Jen suspect a dog with a face like yours??? Innocence all over the place…..!

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | March 11, 2013, 6:05 AM
  16. I sure hope I get you guys on the jury!

Posted by rumpydog | March 11, 2013, 6:08 AM
  17. Oh, my goodness…..hmmm. Well, I won’t pass judgment, but someone sure had a good time! (Not Jen, obviously….)

Posted by Dianna | March 11, 2013, 6:10 AM
  18. looks like my kitchen on a Sunday morning πŸ™‚

Posted by Kenny2dogs | March 11, 2013, 6:17 AM
  19. I do not think it was the cat πŸ™‚

Posted by YellowCable | March 11, 2013, 6:22 AM
  20. I know you live with cats, there is even one in one of your evidence photos…I would stand by the story that the cat did it!

Posted by Emmadog | March 11, 2013, 6:31 AM
  21. I commensurate . My ex accused me for every horrible matter that went on in the entire world and when I ran for public office in the ’80s the newspaper and opposition accused me of so many things, well I would have to be 700 years old to have done even just 1% of everything.

Posted by Carl D'Agostino | March 11, 2013, 6:37 AM
  22. I’m so sorry mate but the evidence is quickly building up against you. I say plead guilty and promise never to give in to your secret relishes. I’m sure your mom has already forgiven ya πŸ™‚

Posted by Rayya | March 11, 2013, 7:00 AM
  23. LOL – yeah, you look totally innocent!

Posted by Wazeau | March 11, 2013, 7:00 AM
  24. Cant trust those cats…they are so sneaky

Posted by To Shea | March 11, 2013, 7:01 AM
  25. I would tell Jen a band of gypsies broke in and did it and leave it at that!

Posted by catchatcaren | March 11, 2013, 7:03 AM
  26. Your upset tummy was probably due to the worry of it all. I don’t know how anyone could suspect you!

Posted by Clowie | March 11, 2013, 7:09 AM
  27. Oh dear it does not look good – until you can afford a top notch lawyer you can hide out at our house – I will bake cookies! When can we expect you?

Posted by Tina Holmes | March 11, 2013, 7:15 AM
  28. It looks to me like the playground of a racoon. Yeah I think it was a racoon or “Mr. Somedoggy”… but not you…

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 11, 2013, 7:19 AM
  29. Some of that went on at our house too, must be something in the air!

Posted by Jodi | March 11, 2013, 7:28 AM
  30. I think it is something came from outside… Maybe aliens πŸ™‚ You are all so nice and good! But seems terrible… Dear Rumpy do you know my cat, my Princess makes this everyday in my living room… My first job in the home to tidy up what she did… Yes she is making by herself all these mess… Thanks and Love, nia

Posted by niasunset | March 11, 2013, 7:29 AM
  31. Thanks for following my blog. We have a Boxer, Silky Terrier and two domestic short hair kittys. All are rescues.

Posted by John w Howell | March 11, 2013, 7:53 AM
  32. We will totally testify that you were in no way any where NEAR this area of destruction, lovely Rumpy!!! You are innocent! πŸ™‚ Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | March 11, 2013, 8:07 AM
  33. Cat food cans licked clean…. oh it was a cat who done it for sure. I am not saying one of your cats. But maybe a cat who is a professorial cat bugler who has skills for breaking in.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | March 11, 2013, 8:32 AM
  34. Oh no! Poor rumpy! Maybe your tummy was upset because Jen was upset? You poor sweetheart. I would never accuse you.. I think a strong wind blew through the house as Jen was leaving and what’s what really happened.

Posted by ilovecats | March 11, 2013, 8:40 AM
  35. OMD! Your cats brofurs must have had a big party!!! I can see some plastick bottles on the floor….hmmmm…were there any cats who got drunk? πŸ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 11, 2013, 8:40 AM
  36. Uh-oh! I don’t believe for one mintute it was Rumpy! I agree with one of the comments above- it must have been aliens or ghosts!

I’ve came home to messes like this in the past. Del looks so sad when I find the mess that I know it can’t have been him that has done it!

Great post! Really made me chuckle πŸ™‚

Posted by Rachael | March 11, 2013, 9:22 AM
  37. I think the upset tummy might be the giveaway.

Posted by Roxy (@RoxyTrvlingDog) | March 11, 2013, 9:38 AM
  38. I really don’t see evidence of a crime? My house looks similar with three children. Carry on.

Posted by st sahm | March 11, 2013, 9:45 AM
  39. Your defense? Just who left such a tempting delight out to begin with? Entrapment!!! πŸ™‚

Posted by ILoveDogs | March 11, 2013, 9:54 AM
  40. Awww I don’t believe for a minute that YOU did it! The cat did! πŸ™‚

Posted by Bren | March 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
  41. Poor Rumpy:( Temptation lurks in garbage cans – YUM!

Posted by cravesadventure | March 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
  42. Oh nooooo. M is laughing her head off because she came home to a mess like that once – years ago when she had a schnauzer and a “smart” kitty. The kitchen floor was a disaster area. Love the expression on your faces too – such innocent looks.

Posted by mariodacat | March 11, 2013, 11:36 AM
  43. Innocence Rumpers = YOU XO

Posted by Cat Forsley | March 11, 2013, 12:30 PM
  44. Greetings. It looks like S.O.D (someotherdoggy) has been to visit you. We have been wondering where he has got to. It could not have been you.

Posted by jaspersdoggyworld | March 11, 2013, 12:36 PM
  45. yeah, yeah, blame it on the cats!!…I’m thinkin’ ‘maybe not so fast Rumpers’…you and Miss DeDe are lookin’ a bit embarrassed there…just sayin’…heh…heh…paw pats, Savannah

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | March 11, 2013, 12:40 PM
  46. Rumpy, do a thing like that? Never!! Eko and I are happy to be character witnesses for you at the trial.

Posted by Will and Eko | March 11, 2013, 12:55 PM
  47. Rumpy, Me thinks thou doth protest too much… πŸ˜‰

Posted by cult of otis | March 11, 2013, 1:01 PM
  48. I’m pretty sure you’re innocent and that the upset tummy is from being falsely accused!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | March 11, 2013, 1:15 PM
  49. I think its aliens!!!!!

Posted by Audrey May Fluffington | March 11, 2013, 1:37 PM
  50. You was railroaded. We sure.

Posted by Shiva & Jaya | March 11, 2013, 1:48 PM
  51. Cats are nefarious creatures that strive to set up all dogs so they can eventually “rule the world”. We, as dogs, know it is complete rubbish that cats are even capable of leadership…they are only good for knocking over garbage cans and laying blame elsewhere. (Hmm, maybe they are set to rul the world…sounds a lot like politicians those cats.) BOL

Posted by Oz the Terrier | March 11, 2013, 1:49 PM
  52. In OUR opinion that looks like the work of a bunch of SQUIRRELS.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | March 11, 2013, 2:00 PM
  53. LOL – oh no! Dede does have the guilty look on her face. You don’t look very concerned Rumpy haha… My dog does this sometimes too…

Posted by Ann "Paws" Staub | March 11, 2013, 2:00 PM
  54. back when Dave Barry was holding court he seemed to KNOW dog and cat psychology and behavior. Cats, he said, will sit aloof when you come home, even sitting right next to the broken plant-pot, broken clay spilled dirt roots and stems akimbo, as if they had nothing to do with this. Dogs, on the other hand, all will cower and cringe and gladly(?) take blame for anything that happened … even if somehow they had nothing to do with it.

Posted by betunada | March 11, 2013, 2:42 PM
  55. Rumpy here’s some evidence you can present to prove your innocence.

Posted by keiththegreen | March 11, 2013, 3:08 PM
  56. Of course you are innocent, but we suggest you and Dede work on perfecting your look of “not me” – you both look guilty in that last pic.
    Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | March 11, 2013, 3:13 PM
  57. Rumpy, it’s me, Tuck The Law Dog. Don’t “speak.” Don’t let them take your “paw” prints! Tell them you want a lawyer! You know where to reach me: Twitter.com/TuckTheLawDog

Posted by Tuck the Law Dog | March 11, 2013, 4:23 PM
  58. One more warning-don’t admit anything to June-Buggie—she might squeal on y’all!!

Posted by Tuck the Law Dog | March 11, 2013, 4:29 PM
  59. Good luck, Rumpy. This criminal was clearly very thorough. I bet he wiped all the surfaces clean of paw prints. This crime is hilarious. I mean heinous.

Love and licks and it wasn’t me,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 11, 2013, 4:40 PM
  60. Who let Max & Bella in your place? pssssssst Rumpy that’ll be two dog biscuits. m & b

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 11, 2013, 5:13 PM
  61. The body language is kind of telling, Rumpy. You’re at ease, looks like you’re asleep on the couch. Someone falsely accused might not be so blaze about the whole affair. Or, am I reading too much into this? πŸ™‚

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 11, 2013, 5:44 PM
  62. DON’T be falsely accused, Rumpy. Remember, it’s all circumstancial!

Posted by Sage | March 11, 2013, 6:24 PM
  63. Well, Rumpy, when this was first posted on Facebook, I immediately jumped to your defense and (my dogs) wrote to Jen that it was obviously the Landlord who did it. I’m sure the upset tummy was just feeling bad for Jen that she had to clean it all up. xo

Posted by Moxie Reviewsβ„’ | March 11, 2013, 8:15 PM
  64. Rumpy, cough up your commission for letting that new event planner use your home for a furbaby recreation center. (Still wasn’t you.) Then Mom can give you some Pepto and move on to important things like taking you to Petsmart to help you spend that commission.

Posted by Belinda Y. Hughes | March 11, 2013, 10:41 PM
  65. Poor Rumpy. You have to fight for your rights. Make sure they Merandarize you. DNA is a good idea. Good luck.

Licks and rrrruffs, BJ

Posted by BJ Pup | March 11, 2013, 10:44 PM
  66. Gulp, does look like maybe S.O.D. (some other dog) came over from Jasper and Nellies Blog and messed up Jens kitchen. DeDe couldn’t have been involved, look how cute she is.

Posted by Boomdeeadda | March 11, 2013, 11:34 PM
  67. Cute! I’ve come home to that type of mess many times myself! Now it’s like a game…”let’s go see what Abbey chewed up this time.” -Caasi

Posted by whoopiecookie | March 12, 2013, 1:52 AM
  68. Don’t admit to anything! Contact us at http://www.law4dogs.co.uk for advice immediately Ozy The Labrador

Posted by Blog Administrator | March 12, 2013, 5:33 AM
  69. OMG o_O what has the world come too. Rumpy didn’t doos dothing and he has tummy upset cos he was shocked that someone would even think that he dids dit
    Rumpy is innocent look at his “I can’t believe you said that eyes”

Posted by Soma Mukherjee | March 12, 2013, 7:27 AM
  70. This is all hearsay evidence. No jury of your peers would ever convict you on this, especially given the abundance of other possible culprits on the premises at the time of the crime. You will go free. LingLing, Oreo, and Tilly Tot are ready, able, and willing to testify on your behalf. Woo hoo!

Posted by Sandra Bell Kirchman | March 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
  71. Circumstantial evidence, Rumpy! I’m sure it was the cat! They do stuffs like that! You even look innocent!

Posted by gracie2801 | March 12, 2013, 1:08 PM
  72. Rumpy, I think you have civil lawsuit. I think what really happened was your head got stuck in the guillotine swing topper of the trash can and fearing for your life the trash got strewn about trying to get out of the trap. You poor thing. You could really have been hurt by all this!!!!

Posted by stitchinstein | March 12, 2013, 1:10 PM
  73. It was the cat next door I saw him!!

Posted by willowdot21 | March 12, 2013, 1:31 PM
  74. Of course it wasn’t you, Rumpy πŸ˜€

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | March 12, 2013, 4:10 PM
  75. Had my dachshund still been alive you could have probably blamed him. He was caught “red-handed” or is that “red-pawed” several times.

Posted by Lee | March 12, 2013, 4:46 PM
  76. Oh Rumpy!!! What can I say?!! … HooOOOOoooOWWWWwwwwwwwLLLLLLLLLLLL πŸ™‚

Posted by europasicewolf | March 12, 2013, 7:14 PM
  77. Rumpy, fallen in with a bad crowd? Sigh.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 12, 2013, 7:17 PM
  78. Don’t say a word Rumpy. The evidence is circumstantial πŸ™‚

Posted by Bassa's Blog | March 13, 2013, 6:40 AM
  79. I’ve seen this phenomenon before. People always blame their pets, or poltergeists if they don’t have pets. But don’t play the poltergeist card, Rumpy. There’s no such thing as poltergeists. This was the work of an indoor tornado. The science behind those is a little complicated, but basically a sudden shift in temperature causes warm air to mix suddenly with cold air and, bam! You have a funnel cloud. Usually, they are small scale, causing otherwise inexplicable things such as all the toilet paper to be unrolled on the floor, or the car keys ending up in the garbage. This was obviously on a much larger scale. Also, few people know this, but when cold air gets into a dryer, it creates an indoor tornado that’s capable of sucking up socks!

Posted by Anne Schilde | March 13, 2013, 10:56 AM
  80. Good luck with that defense!……..lol

Posted by Russel Ray Photos | March 14, 2013, 7:39 PM
  81. That is what you call in the DOG HOUSE Lol

Posted by mythreemoggies | March 15, 2013, 6:59 AM
  82. Hilarious!

Posted by rose2852 | March 15, 2013, 4:18 PM
  83. Thanks for stopping by … good you checked out the FDA warning for the doggie food but good golly i wouldn’t feed my dog Bravo products !!!

Posted by Nativegrl77 | March 15, 2013, 10:19 PM
  84. It’s obvious you have been framed!!

Posted by Basil | March 18, 2013, 7:18 AM
  85. Hahahahah! I love his own investigation. Poor baby. Be easy on him! xo

Posted by Julie Chicklitasaurus | March 18, 2013, 2:38 PM
  86. Love it! Thanks for stopping by the Woof Diaries!!

Posted by Katie | March 29, 2013, 2:05 PM
  87. look @ those eyes, they scream innocence…en theos……..j

Posted by Developing A New Image | March 31, 2013, 2:06 PM
  88. Who is the cat? I say it looks like the cat had its friends over for a nice purrty. Typical after-purrty look in the kitchen… What I don’t understand is how they could have this party without you noticing them? Or did they bribe you with the fishy cat food?

Posted by Lotta's ullisar | March 31, 2013, 2:42 PM
  89. I’ve had that happen at least 5 times. My dogs love bins! When you get home and the whole lounge room is strewn with rubbish – it’s a lovely feeling!!!

Posted by butimbeautiful | April 6, 2013, 5:00 PM

β€ͺI'm eatin so good! Jen says she is as happy as a pig in slop!!! Now maybe I can gain some weight. ‬#eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram