pets, Wordless Wednesday

About a Dog and His Nap

I am a dog that can’t nap in one position.

On the floor, there's the "one leg out" position

On the floor, there’s the “one leg out” position

I like to rest my head on the couch arm

I like to rest my head on the couch arm

And on the bed, I like to lay on my back

And on the bed, I like to lay on my back

Sometimes, with my head off the side

Sometimes, with my head off the side

I am so excited because today I am the one being interviewed! Hop on over to Clowie’s Corner and check it out!

55 thoughts on “About a Dog and His Nap

1. I like to sleep like that on my back too!

My sister Violette sends neighs, and says thanks for the nice comment on her interview over at Savy’s.

Woofs,
    Tommy

Posted by The Poupounette Gang | March 20, 2013, 6:32 AM
  2. You have some excellent sleeping positions!

Thank you for being my guest today!

Posted by Clowie | March 20, 2013, 6:32 AM
  3. Oh dear, that last one really get me. Thanks for the smiles. You are such an awesome dog!!

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | March 20, 2013, 6:33 AM
  4. Love your napping positions! Great interview with Clowie.

Posted by Animalcouriers | March 20, 2013, 6:39 AM
  5. I was there…great interview!

Posted by Emmadog | March 20, 2013, 6:41 AM
  6. LOL! I love the head off the edge of the bed. Jasper has all of those positions except the last one. Very cute Rumpy!

Posted by Mel | March 20, 2013, 6:48 AM
  7. I like it to lay on my back too :o) I#M on the move to Clowie now :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 20, 2013, 6:54 AM
  8. Such an important dog

Posted by willowdot21 | March 20, 2013, 6:54 AM
  9. One needs more than one place and more than one position to nap. Keeps life fresh.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | March 20, 2013, 7:34 AM
  10. You are pure cuteness when you sleep. Interesting interview at Clowie’s.

Posted by stanze | March 20, 2013, 8:04 AM
  11. You make me laugh Rumpers!! You on the couch with June Buggie is great! But the bed is the best

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | March 20, 2013, 8:23 AM
  12. Dogs sleeping on their back are just too cute.
    We’ve read your interview at Clowie’s

Posted by Doggy's Style | March 20, 2013, 8:43 AM
  13. Me, too Rumpy! I like the position my head on the couch arm and to lay on my back! I enjoyed your interview on Clowie’s blog!
    We love the squeaky dinosaur you gave me that made my mom happy, too!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 20, 2013, 8:56 AM
  14. It’s a great interview Rumpy!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | March 20, 2013, 9:28 AM
  15. Love to see dogs stretched out on their backs, for me it’s an invitation to rub a belly. 🙂

Posted by Jodi | March 20, 2013, 9:36 AM
  16. Oh how lovely sleeping… 🙂

Posted by niasunset | March 20, 2013, 9:55 AM
  17. Oh man, this is cracking me up! We must be on the same wavelength today because I’m working on a post about Eko’s sleeping habits.

Posted by Will and Eko | March 20, 2013, 11:02 AM
  18. IMPRESSIVE napping PAWsitions.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | March 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
  19. Informative post on doggy resting positions…Molly is outside in the sun trying out the next to last one.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 20, 2013, 11:58 AM
  20. I love the sound of my dog as he breathes comfortably while sleeping. It has to be the most soothing sound in the world!

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | March 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
  21. Hullo! Who kitty? You not…well…in kitty’s face…uhm?!

Posted by Shiva & Jaya | March 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
  22. Yes, I recognise all those positions of relaxation. My labrador indulges in them every evening on our sofa.

Posted by sarahpotterwrites | March 20, 2013, 1:47 PM
  23. Great interview! We loved learning more about you! oxox

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 20, 2013, 3:43 PM
  24. Love the ‘on your back’ photos. So cute! And great interview! I’ve always wondered about the dinosaur questions.

Posted by ILoveDogs | March 20, 2013, 4:03 PM
  25. I think I like the “on the back” position the best – looks very comfy!

Posted by Ann "Paws" Staub | March 20, 2013, 4:34 PM
  26. We loved the interview Rumpy 🙂 Your sleeping positions are many and varied!! mol

Posted by CATachresis | March 20, 2013, 5:43 PM
  27. HA, love you’re nappy head over edge of bed pic! Congrats on your interview, I read Clowie’s post earlier, fantastic stuff.

Posted by Boomdeeadda | March 20, 2013, 5:55 PM
  28. Loved the photos. Shared them with my two-legged children. In fact, today we saw a dog that looked like you, and my daughter said it looks like the Rumpy dog! Will go and check out your interview next. xo

Posted by Moxie Reviews™ | March 20, 2013, 5:59 PM
  29. Your naps are a work of art Rumpy!!

Posted by europasicewolf | March 20, 2013, 6:50 PM
  30. I enjoyed the interview – didn’t realize you found Jen in the street Rumpy – so good of you to move in and save her 🙂

Posted by Christy Oslund | March 20, 2013, 6:52 PM
  31. We all have different napping positions too. For all but Phantom, our favorite is definitely belly up:) Phantom almost never does that.

Happy napping any ole way.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | March 20, 2013, 7:51 PM
  32. Me readed your interview! It was pawsome!!!! Rumpy yous can sleeps any way yous likes any where yous likes!
    Kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | March 20, 2013, 8:16 PM
  33. You are so cute! Your tummy is just begging to be rubbed when you sleep on your back like that. 🙂

Posted by runningonsober | March 20, 2013, 8:16 PM
  34. you are so funny Rumpy…so funny

Posted by Jo Bryant | March 20, 2013, 8:53 PM
  35. Rumpy, we love your napping style! We are off to Clowie’s, she is another wonderful woofie!

Posted by Oui Oui | March 20, 2013, 9:36 PM
  36. Naps are an art form. I can see that you’re very advanced!

Posted by Oskar | March 20, 2013, 10:01 PM
  37. rumpy, you’re absolutely cute!

Posted by JoJo Kelmer | March 21, 2013, 1:09 AM
  38. You’re even smiling with your head over the side upside down! That’s some happy talent. 🙂

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 21, 2013, 1:36 AM
  39. You’re like my cat, Lucy. She also sleeps in all sorts of positions.

Posted by Rosie Bear | March 21, 2013, 2:47 AM
  40. Thta third picture is hilarious

Posted by mythreemoggies | March 21, 2013, 5:39 AM
  41. Those are all great napping positions Rumpy! And I would love to rub that fluffy belly of yours!! 🙂

Posted by The Lonely Dogs | March 22, 2013, 9:58 PM
  42. I change posiions very often when I sleep. Mom says I have ADD. The only position I don’t use is the one on my back. Even after 12 1/2 years with Mom, memories don’t fade. I must have been hurt in my first home and before I was abandoned and don’t feel safe on my back.

Posted by BJ Pup | March 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

Little Girl insists my office chair is hers. I’ll have to break down and get a chair for me. #cat #catsofinstagram #catstagram #caturday #cats #blackcat #housepanther #IWantMyChairBack