poetry

My Very First Poem About Dinosaurs!

Oh Dog! I am so excited! Today I offer you my first ever poem about my favorite dinosaur- the Cookiesaurus! I hope you like it! Β -Rumpy

Deep in the high grass
Of the back yard,
Lurks a Cookiesaurus
Forever on guard.

On the hunt for the Cookiesaurus!

On the hunt for the Cookiesaurus!

He eats all the cookies
Growing on the trees.
Oh Cookiesaurus,
Leave some for me!

I am so happy when it's cookie time!

I am so happy when it’s cookie time!

Jen says it’s nonsense.
He’s not real? That’s funny!
So where are the cookies,
If not in his tummy?

56 thoughts on “My Very First Poem About Dinosaurs!

1. I guess the Cookiesaurus is a cousin of the Kibblesaurus

Posted by Chabichou Malabar du Roupillon | March 21, 2013, 6:22 AM
  2. You need decoy cookies to keep Cookiesaurus busy. πŸ™‚

Posted by slepsnor | March 21, 2013, 6:31 AM
  3. That Cookiesaurus sounds very cute and funny!
    I hope that he/she leaves some cookies for you Rumpy!!!
    Thanks for the lovely poem! πŸ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 21, 2013, 6:35 AM
  4. Cookies…I love cookies…maybe I am a Cookiesaurus and not a GBGV?

Posted by Emmadog | March 21, 2013, 6:41 AM
  5. oh rumpy you did such a wonderful job! Cookiesaurus sounds dangerous if you have spare cookies. I’m going go hide mine.

Posted by ilovecats | March 21, 2013, 6:46 AM
  6. in our back garden we have a tree that only grows at night, it’s branches are all twisted and it’s leaves are afraid of light. It’s fruit are little shadows that skip across the grass and disappears into the sunshine and the little clouds that pass πŸ™‚

Posted by Kenny2dogs | March 21, 2013, 6:50 AM
  7. Spoken like a true poet, Rumpy!!!
    πŸ™‚

Posted by marina kanavaki | March 21, 2013, 7:01 AM
  8. I love your poem, Rumpy! I’m going to watch out for the cookiesaurus now – I’m sure there’s one here.

Posted by Clowie | March 21, 2013, 7:04 AM
  9. A poem combining your two favorite things, cookies and dinosaurs…How literary of you Rumpy!

Posted by Gizmo | March 21, 2013, 7:37 AM
  10. We have a Cookiesaurus living on Worsham Street in Texas, too!! And everyone thought they were extinct!! πŸ™‚

Posted by Sheila Morris | March 21, 2013, 8:22 AM
  11. I like it … I think I have a very hungry cookiesaurus in my back yard – he ate all the cookies :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 21, 2013, 8:29 AM
  12. So adorable! It makes perfect sense for your favorite dinosaur to be a cookiesaurus. If only he’d leave you a cookie or two. πŸ˜‰

Posted by ILoveDogs | March 21, 2013, 8:48 AM
  13. I love your poem Rumpy. I love dinosaur bones (you know, the massive ones from PetDumb?) so this is a personal fave poem of mine now.

Posted by Bunk | March 21, 2013, 9:27 AM
  14. THAT was an excellent Poem to the Cookiesaurus.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | March 21, 2013, 9:38 AM
  15. I have met the cookieasourous I know he lives Jen must know him by his human name The Cookie Monster.

Posted by willowdot21 | March 21, 2013, 9:55 AM
  16. Don’t listen to your Mom Rumpy, it’s a brilliant poem and it’s quite obvious that cookiesaurus stole all the treats off the tree

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | March 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
  17. Hey Rumpy, did you know today is World Poetry Day? What a perfect day to write a poem. And a great one at that.

Posted by Bongo | March 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
  18. You are a great poet Rumpy!

You deserve cookies!!

Christine

Posted by journeyintopoetry | March 21, 2013, 10:40 AM
  19. That was a great poem, Rumpy! Indeed, where else would the cookies be? πŸ™‚

Posted by georgefloreswrite | March 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
  20. Oooih, that is scary pal. Dinos scare me because they are so big. Maybe a Cookiesaures wouldn’t be so scary – I hope not.

Posted by mariodacat | March 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
  21. Hehe, that cookiesaurus is a sneaky one. Great poetry Rumpy Dog, better than Shakespeare!

Posted by Boomdeeadda | March 21, 2013, 10:51 AM
  22. Great poem, Rumpy! Very elevating…
    Cookiesurus, woof! woof! woof!
    Touch my cookies and I’ll hit the roof!

Posted by canadianbooklady | March 21, 2013, 11:19 AM
  23. I just love this Cookisaurus poem, Rumpy! I hope you will write some more poems about dinosaurs πŸ˜€

Posted by onebluedog | March 21, 2013, 11:33 AM
  24. Cookiesaurus visits our house from time to time Rumpy! Enjoyed reading more about you on Clowie’s Corner today! πŸ™‚

Posted by saymber | March 21, 2013, 11:45 AM
  25. A poem about a treat dinosaur written by a dog? Yup, I knew immediately it would be my new favorite!

Posted by Will and Eko | March 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
  26. Dood, you get COOKIES? (Well except for the ones Cookiesaurus eats). I wonder if we can tell Allie the NekoSaurus ate her wand toy…?

Posted by maxwellnfaraday | March 21, 2013, 1:11 PM
  27. Ya know Rumpy, for several weeks now (maybe even months) I’ve been getting the distinct impression that you like cookies! Am I right? If so, you manage to hide it awfully well πŸ˜‰

Posted by CATachresis | March 21, 2013, 5:34 PM
  28. We love that poem! I hope Cookiesaurus doesn’t eat any of my new peanut butter treats! Yikes!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 21, 2013, 5:42 PM
  29. That was an excellent poem, Rumpy!

Posted by theislandcats | March 21, 2013, 8:07 PM
  30. good job rumpy, that was nice!

Posted by JoJo Kelmer | March 22, 2013, 12:02 AM
  31. Superb what a fun poem
    loved it πŸ™‚
    and you know what Rumpy Cookiesaurus does exist,all my childhood i kept saying the same thing but my parents never believed me, now i will make them read your poem
    there is a candiesaurus too !!

Posted by Soma Mukherjee | March 22, 2013, 7:22 AM
  32. Rumpy, you are not only a heartthrob screen legend but a poet laureate. We are so woofimpressed. Wow. Max & Bella (our biped thought the poem was terrific also-very clever)

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 22, 2013, 10:31 AM
  33. We’re wondering what the Cookiesaurus looks like. Maybe he comes disguised as something else? If anyone knows, they should draw a picture so a net can be thrown over him. Then there’ll be some cookies for you!!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | March 22, 2013, 5:43 PM
  34. Rumpy, you are really talented and should get cookies just for that great poem:-)

Posted by tylersat99 | March 23, 2013, 12:37 AM
  35. What a beautiful poem, indeed!! Congratulations!

Posted by janinka1 | March 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
  36. Hehehehe! I’m with you Rumpy. I think we have a Cookiesaurus too, but I’m pretty sure his name is Jack.

Posted by dextersdays | March 24, 2013, 8:58 AM
  37. Excellent point!

Posted by Anne Schilde | March 27, 2013, 8:55 PM

Little Girl insists my office chair is hers. I’ll have to break down and get a chair for me. #cat #catsofinstagram #catstagram #caturday #cats #blackcat #housepanther #IWantMyChairBack