The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Oh Dog! Rumpy here! It’s Monday already? What happened to the weekend?

Oh yeah…. I spent it waiting. *sigh*

Can we go outside now?

Can we go outside now?

Jen was tired, so I had to wait for her to rest before she’d play with me.

Then she had to clean house, so I had to wait for her to put the scary vacuum monster away.

Outside, I had to wait for her to treat the yard with diatomaceous earth so there won’t be fleas living out there.

can we go back in now? I'm tired....

Can we go back in now? I’m tired….

But the worst part of all is when I have to wait for a cookie!

Are you EVER gonna gimme that cookie?

Are you EVER gonna gimme that cookie?

I wonder how much of my life has been spent waiting on a cookie anyway?

Probably all of it.

46 thoughts on “The Waiting is the Hardest Part

1. Oh Rumpy, sometimes it really can be a dog’s life..but i fink it’s worth it.

Posted by adoptedmom | March 25, 2013, 5:53 AM
  2. Awwwww hope you didn’t wait too long for a cookie!! Yay! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | March 25, 2013, 6:07 AM
  3. Poor, poor Rumpy….

Posted by Dianna | March 25, 2013, 6:31 AM
  4. We spend our entire lives waiting for mom…always that just one more thing comes up and we are waiting and waiting but I guess it is just what we dogs do.

Posted by Emmadog | March 25, 2013, 6:40 AM
  5. I’m right with ya on that one! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Posted by catchatcaren | March 25, 2013, 6:47 AM
  6. Sigh – I’m afraid that’s how my life is too pal. Wait – Wait – Wait. That’s all I hear over here too.,

Posted by mariodacat | March 25, 2013, 7:17 AM
  7. Aww, Rumpy! I know it’s hard to wait but it makes those cookies taste even better! Or at least that’s what they say to us humans!! Sometimes I wonder!

Posted by becca givens | March 25, 2013, 7:32 AM
  8. Oh, sweet Rumpy we hope you didn’t have to wait a long time. Waiting is a hard thing to do sometimes…Mumsy is old and slow and I have to wait a lot for her to catch up. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Chancy the Gardener | March 25, 2013, 7:38 AM
  9. V.deep rumpy – I think we spend our entire life waiting for a cookie! As soon as we have had one it is a wait for the next!

Posted by Basil | March 25, 2013, 7:43 AM
  10. I LOVE being vacuumed! Mommy runs the vacuum all over me and I love how it feels. No one should ever have to wait for a cookie!

Posted by Nikitaland | March 25, 2013, 7:46 AM
  11. I’m not good at waiting, especially for food!

Posted by themisadventuresofmisaki | March 25, 2013, 8:22 AM
  12. Oh poor Rumpy – I hate waiting… that’s so hard. Think you had a “Wait-end” instead of a week end :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 25, 2013, 8:27 AM
  13. Waiting is so hard. I could have eaten a whole truck load of cookies for the time I have spent waiting.
    Blessings,
    Goose

Posted by Goose | March 25, 2013, 8:29 AM
  14. Waiting is ALWAYS sooooooo hard to do… esp. when you are waiting fur VACULA to go back into hiding.

Posted by Frankie Furter and Ernie | March 25, 2013, 8:42 AM
  15. You won me over, Rumpy. Enough waiting already … COOKIE!

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 25, 2013, 8:49 AM
  16. LOL! I can just see that, “Is she ever going to give me a cookie?” look on your face in all your photos.

Posted by ILoveDogs | March 25, 2013, 8:50 AM
  17. Oh no…poor Rumpy….I wish I could be there to give you huge hugs and lots of cookies!!!!! and poor Jen….must have been so busy to do lots of house works….I also wish I could help her….Woof!

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 25, 2013, 8:55 AM
  18. Probably more than you wanna know Rumpers…but Jen always comes through for ya…have a cookie filled Monday

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | March 25, 2013, 9:04 AM
  19. So cute. Love the scary vacuum monster. My Baby Panther is so scared of it, too! And she also runs to the corner that I am planning on vacuuming next. xo

Posted by Julie Chicklitasaurus | March 25, 2013, 9:33 AM
  20. Don’t know how anyone could resist that face and make you wait

Posted by Long Life Cats and Dogs | March 25, 2013, 10:06 AM
  21. Oh Rumpy Dog, you are funny when you make mom let you out, then let you in, then let you out, then let you in….. hehe. I wish you lots of cookies this week x

Posted by Boomdeeadda | March 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
  22. Well, Rumpy, you could always take a nap while you’re waiting. That way you can dream of cookies.

Posted by somethingwagging | March 25, 2013, 10:22 AM
  23. We meow our human to deaf till we get what we deserve πŸ™‚ try woofing Jen

Posted by mythreemoggies | March 25, 2013, 11:14 AM
  24. Oh dear. Sometimes BriniZozi the Boxer dogs also have to wait for me x.

Posted by shacklefordlb | March 25, 2013, 1:37 PM
  25. I know it’s rough doing all that waiting. It’s worth it because if Jen doesn’t get her rest, she may get sick. You don’t want to live in a house that hasn’t been cleaned, do you? You CERTAINLY DO NOT want fleas.

The anticipation of the tasty cookie, makes it taste so much better.
    Enjoy your cookie.

Licks and Rrruffs, BJ

Posted by BJ Pup | March 25, 2013, 2:10 PM
  26. Oh gosh, Rumpy, we are right there with you! We have to wait to go out the door, wait for dinner, wait for a toy, wait for a cookie – we wish Webster’s would banish that word from the dictionary.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning | March 25, 2013, 2:37 PM
  27. My dog barks at the vacuum cleaner – and most every other household appliance, especially the ironing board.

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | March 25, 2013, 2:47 PM
  28. Life is what happens in between getting treats!

Posted by Will and Eko | March 25, 2013, 3:42 PM
  29. i try to keep a BIG BOX of cookies available for treats at least once a day. more if we’re tired from the hike.
    diatomaceous earth? i suppose THAT really works?

Posted by betunada | March 25, 2013, 4:04 PM
  30. Waiting for a cookie is so hard. And then once you finally get one you have to wait even longer for another one.

Posted by Bongo | March 25, 2013, 4:11 PM
  31. Poor old Rumpy! Life’s a pill, when you want it to be a cookie!!

Posted by CATachresis | March 25, 2013, 4:53 PM
  32. Lol – oh Rumpy… I think you might be exaggerating just a wee bit when you say you’ve waited your whole life for cookies. Good things come to those who wait πŸ˜‰

Posted by Ann "Paws" Staub | March 25, 2013, 5:06 PM
  33. You need new staff Rumpy, this is not acceptable..Bawahhaaaw..Forget what Ann said above, I believe you when you say , your whole life πŸ™‚ xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Posted by mollieandalfie | March 25, 2013, 5:44 PM
  34. All of it. Me, too! Cookies take forever!!

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 25, 2013, 6:11 PM
  35. We hate to wait too, Rumpy…’specially for our meals to be served!

Posted by theislandcats | March 25, 2013, 6:38 PM
  36. If Blaze has is way, he feels he is always waiting for “nummies” its amazing how fast he will do whatever you want for nummies!

Posted by Sierra | March 25, 2013, 7:40 PM
  37. Oh, my, we’re all quoting vintage rock this week!

Posted by Bernadette | March 26, 2013, 9:39 AM
  38. I bet dogs wait for treat time almost continuously in their mind! πŸ™‚

Posted by Marcie | March 26, 2013, 12:39 PM
  39. Oh, that “waiting” look – who can resist?

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 26, 2013, 1:01 PM
  40. Such is my life as well. Always hearing “stay, bunk.”. There’s only so long we can wait! BRRRR. I hope the cookie was worth the wait!

Posted by Bunk | March 26, 2013, 1:25 PM
  41. Probably all of it. Awww.. that reminds me of the ultimate dog tease video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Posted by LifeOfBun | March 26, 2013, 7:51 PM
  42. Good things come to those who wait, Rumpy!

Posted by Paprika Furstenburg | March 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
  43. You don’t look any worse for the wear staying with Natura.

Posted by Anne Schilde | March 27, 2013, 9:10 PM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram