Dog Lovers Come in All Shapes, Sizes, and Musical Genres!

People who love animals come from all corners, including some places you don’t expect.

David Flynn is the bassist for metal band Chelsea Grin.

Flynn posted this pic on this Twitter account

Flynn posted this pic on this Twitter account

Recently Flynn posted on the band’s Facebook page that his puppy needed immediate surgery, and that he couldn’t afford the $2300 it was estimated to cost.

Flynn's pup broke 3 fingers and growth plate

Flynn’s pup broke 3 fingers and growth plate

What do you think happened next?

Oh yeah, the money started flowing in. So much money that he was given all the money needed that same day, and the band had to ask people to STOP SENDING MONEY.

Chelsea Grin (from the band's webpage)

Chelsea Grin (from the band’s webpage)

Flynn refunded all donations over the amount needed to pay the surgery.

Now doesn’t that leave you with a smile on your face?

It leaves me happy in the knowledge that there are MANY people out there who love us animals.  Now to figure out yet how to get them all on the same page to make positive changes.

34 thoughts on “Dog Lovers Come in All Shapes, Sizes, and Musical Genres!

1. I like him.

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | May 18, 2013, 8:03 AM
  2. Every once in a while our local shelter puts an article in the paper about a sad animal that will need extensive surgery for something and they usually get the money to cover the expense. Any extra goes into a special fund for these types of special cases. It always warms my heart when people step up to the plate to help the helpless in some way.

Posted by katecrimmins | May 18, 2013, 8:40 AM
    • could you imagine what we could do if we could get all those people to step to and fight for an end to puppy mills?

Posted by rumpydog | May 18, 2013, 8:44 AM
      • I believe people are emotionally there but often unsure of what they can do in their area. We had a puppy mill of sorts locally but after many years of trying our local shelter finally shut it down. Many of us did what we could to support the effort. The photos and descriptions were heart breaking and it was here in our community, not some far away place.

Posted by katecrimmins | May 18, 2013, 8:50 AM
  3. Very heart-warming! 🙂 🙂

Posted by Maria Dumitru | May 18, 2013, 9:09 AM
  4. I’d love to say “Thank you very much” for those people who love and help animals with their sweet heart!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | May 18, 2013, 9:12 AM
  5. Kudos to David Flynn for getting the proper help for his pup, and for not taking advantage of people’s generosity. I wish there were more caring people like this on the planet – for the sake of all animals and people as well.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | May 18, 2013, 9:37 AM
  6. Indeed! How are you rumpy?

Posted by sethsnap | May 18, 2013, 9:43 AM
  7. People are kind if given the opportunity 🙂

Posted by The Laughing Housewife | May 18, 2013, 9:50 AM
  8. That is a great response to a need. Hope puppy has a long happy life with such a caring owner. Thanks for the likes on my blog.
    Appreciate your stopping by.

Posted by rutheh | May 18, 2013, 9:51 AM
  9. That’s sweet! My mama’s school needed money for a field trip. One teacher put it on his facebook and TONS of his grandmother’s friends paid money. In a matter of LESS THAN 24 hours, the entire trip was paid for. We used the rest of the money to order shirts that the students could have to remind them of the trip! People are so willing to give to others (people and animal alike!).

Posted by BunkThePug | May 18, 2013, 10:21 AM
  10. WOW…that’s really great! People love to HELP……especially people who love animals don’t you think??

Pam and Sam

Posted by onespoiledcat | May 18, 2013, 10:25 AM
  11. Absolutely excellent! Yes it does make smile! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Posted by Penny L Howe | May 18, 2013, 10:42 AM
  12. Now that is truly an amazing story! Is his dog ok now after the surgery?

Posted by Nikitaland | May 18, 2013, 12:20 PM
  13. I never heard of him but now I quite like him

urban hounds

Posted by urban hounds | May 18, 2013, 7:52 PM
  14. I hope puppy is doing well and has a long happy and loving life. Sounds like his family has a great heart for him-lucky pup. Sarge really likes your blog, Rumpydog. A cookie or any kind of yummy treat drive would be great. Sarge is concerned greatly concerned about those few who scam for money in the name of animals. Do you have any suggestions about knowing how to know real from not real? Love your blog.. Also loved the panda kindergarten. Woof!

Posted by Sarge | May 19, 2013, 12:24 AM
  15. Beautiful! Loving all the love in this real life story 😀

Posted by AuroraMorealist | May 19, 2013, 1:24 AM
  16. Rumpy that’s a great story…all our three adult boys,muso’s,tattooes,animal crazy…our daughter animal nuts too…they have nothing to do with any people who are the slightest bit not into animals…all sorts of people ages etc have the capacity to be great advocates for animals :))

Posted by fozziemum | May 19, 2013, 4:26 AM
  17. People who love the animals are the best. Happy to hear the puppy is getting the help he needs.

Posted by askfisher | May 19, 2013, 5:22 AM
  18. I love this story and how animal lovers stick together. It’s amazing how social sites can have such a huge impact.

Posted by paws2smile | May 21, 2013, 11:52 AM

‪I'm eatin so good! Jen says she is as happy as a pig in slop!!! Now maybe I can gain some weight. ‬#eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram