Beauty From the Inside Out!

Oh Dog! DeDe here!

Thanks so much to each of you for your kind thoughts and healing prayers.

I went to the vet and learned I have swollen joints as a result of arthritis. I’m taking medicine and joint supplements to help with the pain. I won’t get better, but I’ll have pain relief and may delay getting worse. That means that for awhile still I will be able to enjoy a roll in the green grass.

And that brings me to this week’s beauty tip: Take some time every day to do something you love.

Enjoy the moment!

Take some time each day to enjoy what life has to offer!

Truly beautiful people don’t put off enjoying the simple pleasures of life.

Want to roll in the grass? Go ahead! Do it! Sure, it might take you a little longer to get down there, but the experience is worth it.

I have told Jen that she should continue writing the blog every day.

Yes, that time could be put to use doing other things.

Dogs must be fed and exercised.

Litter boxes must be cleaned.

The household must be maintained.

And she has to go to work to afford it all.

But blogging is the one thing she does in her life solely for her own pleasure. It doesn’t HAVE to be done. She does it because it makes her happy.

What about you? Do you do at least one thing every day for no other reason that you LIKE doing it? Tell us all about it in the comments below.

Have a great week, and never leave your home without this essential beauty product- A SMILE!

Rumpy has gone on from this plane. We, his kitty siblings,continue to blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com in his stead. You can follow us on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! Thanks!

48 thoughts on “Beauty From the Inside Out!

1. Smile 🙂

Posted by YellowCable | June 16, 2013, 5:49 AM
  2. I enjoy cuddling. I do it as often as I can. You’re right DeDe. Doing what you love makes you shine from the inside out. You’re gorgeous!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | June 16, 2013, 5:50 AM
  3. Cuddles and kisses with mommy and daddy!! Every day! Hope you feel better soon DeDe.
    Big sloppy doggy kisses and hugs from Whisky & Nixon in Sweden ❤

Posted by Wolf is my Soul | June 16, 2013, 5:58 AM
  4. Hi DeDe! Thanks for telling us that Jen decided to continue blogging! Your blog also makes us happy, too! What my mom does at least everyday is that she does communicate with us even if she is terribly busy because our innocent faces make her cheerful and happy, too!
    Also she loves reading people’s blog, twitter and Facebook because she thinks it makes her feel the world was much smaller than it is!
    She loves seeing and reading people encouraging and helping each other which make her eyes always leaky!
    Have a happy Sunday DeDe! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | June 16, 2013, 6:05 AM
  5. So happy to hear you’re OK DeDe…you know we worry about you! Mom and I also blog every day because we enjoy doing it….we’re glad Jen does the same because we enjoy hearing about your fur family!

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | June 16, 2013, 6:14 AM
  6. My blog and social media stuff take up a lot of mom’s time but she loves it so she should do it and she loves our long walks every day which take time but we all love. You have to balance the things you love with the things you have to do to survive like work and that can be hard sometimes but if you don’t do what you love no matter how much time it takes you will not be happy.

Posted by Emmadog | June 16, 2013, 6:42 AM
  7. Love the photo! Blogging is the one thing I do just for me as well. I’m glad she’s going to keep doing it, although we’d all understand if it were a little less frequent. X

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | June 16, 2013, 6:45 AM
  8. Glad to see you still taking grass rolling therapy DeDe …it is what makes you a happy girl 🙂 it is hard having arfur-itis I know and it hurts but my lovely pets are my therapy and everyday I take time to get some cuddles and snuggles..as long as I get a big sloppy doggie kiss or a wet cat nose first then I can do what has to be done…I have learnt that a lot of things can indeed wait or be done differently so I have become a prioritiser…very hard for a person who hates to have everything just so…:)

Posted by fozziemum | June 16, 2013, 6:50 AM
  9. I enjoy quilting but have let it slide because “no time”. I am going to have to change that!
    Thank you for reminding me of what is important.

Posted by Kay Lowder | June 16, 2013, 7:26 AM
  10. I try my best to have some “me” time every day… most of the time it is our morning walk… I walk with dogs around our local fields, so I have time to think, relax and reflex on previous day… it help me unwind a little

Posted by agatapokutycka | June 16, 2013, 7:33 AM
  11. Snuggling with Bella, Kali, and Lucy every day, that is a must have for me.

Posted by Heather Gonzales | June 16, 2013, 7:59 AM
  12. Yeahh Rumpy 😀 a smile makes everything better, it’s the best accessory I agreee. I heard that if you’re in a bad mood, and you laugh a lot, you’ll start actually laughing – and hard.

Posted by LifeOfBun | June 16, 2013, 8:02 AM
  13. By all means Jen should do something every day that makes her happy. Actually M likes the social media too cuz she enjoys people and it’s not that easy for her to get out and about as much as she used to. Keep smiling Rumpy!

Posted by mariodacat | June 16, 2013, 8:16 AM
  14. Dede – Many of us humans and animals live well with joint problems. Take your medicine and keep using them as much as you can. Keep rolling in the grass to stay fit.

Mom – You sound just like me. The blog is my sanity and my catharsis. It is my happy place in a world that moves very fast. But the one thing in my day that is mine and for me, is my walk with the dogs.

Have a great day – Lorian

Posted by dogdaz | June 16, 2013, 9:07 AM
  15. Oh, DeDe I”m so happy that you won’t have the joint pain. Better living through chemicals.

Jen needs down time and relaxing time, and if that means writing your blog, then that’s what she should do. I play the Bubble computer games to relax.

Posted by BJ Pup | June 16, 2013, 9:18 AM
  16. Lovely dog 🙂 Looks just like my old girl who passed on 6 years ago, aged 17. She always had a big dog smile for everyone, and was still capable of having mad dashes around until 3 months before the end, but it did start her off limping if she overdid it.

Posted by sarahpotterwrites | June 16, 2013, 9:21 AM
  17. You’re right DeDe – I try to do what I like every day – but mostly I have not enough time – that’s sad.

Posted by easyweimaraner | June 16, 2013, 9:39 AM
  18. That’s another very wise advice!
    My human loves to take pictures: of me and little K and Milou, of the place called Manhattan, of beautiful things. That doesn’t have to be done either but she enjoys it =^.^=
    Sending you lots of purrs DeDe, hoping it will help ease the pain a little bit!

Posted by Texas, a cat in New York | June 16, 2013, 10:20 AM
  19. Art-right-us is not fun, just ask Mom Linda. But she takes supplements and keeps active every day. Her hands hurt always, but she keeps on typing my posts and helping me leave comments. I am purrleased that you, DeDe, have some relief from pain and can roll in your grass. And I am very happy your bloggy will continue. Paw pats, Savvy

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | June 16, 2013, 10:37 AM
  20. OH YES… we both SNIFF just beclaws we LOVE doing it.

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | June 16, 2013, 10:55 AM
  21. Walking my dog. Obviously, it’s for her benefit too but it’s something I look forward to every day. I thought about walking dogs for extra cash, and even had some people interested, but decided against it so I could keep my walks as a fun, stress-free experience. No rushing, no worrying, just walking out in the wild with Nova!

Posted by bridawn | June 16, 2013, 11:30 AM
  22. We’re glad Jen will keep blogging. Yes, there is always so much un-fun other stuff that needs to be done, for sure. But I, too, love blogging and taking photos for my blog, so I’m not giving it up either. Some days the house just looks like crap and sometimes my car doesn’t get washed on weekends (hope it does today) but you have to have some fun in life and some down time.

Posted by Candace | June 16, 2013, 11:37 AM
  23. DeDe – alias “The Wise One”
    Seek warmth of the sun and joy.
    (may both arrive at your door in great quantities!)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | June 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
  24. I love to hug and kiss my cats several times a day. I love them to pieces! And I also like to read every day. I’m a bibliophile.

Posted by Colleen | June 16, 2013, 3:22 PM
  25. Happy Father’s Day. My mama knows the pain of Arthritis…just keep moving my friend.

Posted by wigglebuttryker | June 16, 2013, 4:36 PM
  26. that’s great! Enjoy life DeDe! 🙂 And don’t let the arthritis get you down! 🙂

Posted by europasicewolf | June 16, 2013, 5:29 PM
  27. So glad to see you looking so happy, DeDe. You and Jen (and all your animal friends are amazing!!)

Posted by teddyandtottie | June 16, 2013, 6:35 PM
  28. Through all of our Auntie El’s illness and now, after her passing, blogging is one thing that has helped Mom keep sane (okay…as sane as she’ll ever be).

We hope your meds help you and that you have lots of rolls in the grass.

The Florida Furkids

Posted by The Florida Furkids | June 16, 2013, 8:05 PM
  29. Oh, DeDe what a sweet post. We are so happy that you are still able to roll in the grass sweet girl, keep enjoying the things you love to do. We are happy that sweet Jen enjoys blogging too because we love visiting when we can. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by What's Going on at Mumsy's | June 16, 2013, 8:10 PM
  30. This is lovely and a good reminder to look after ourselves. The one thing I do for myself is yoga, and I do cherish that time (although I’m occasionally ‘joined’ by two furballs). I used to do a lot of sewing and it was my bliss but got too busy for that. I think we all need that ‘one thing’ to stop us going nuts in a crazy world 🙂 Thanks for the words of wisdom DeDe.

Posted by humanrescuesdog | June 16, 2013, 8:44 PM
  31. Dee Dee, my hairy slobbery sister Bob gots bit by a tick a long time ago and her arthritis bothers her quite a bit. Me too has bad arthritis so me and Bob is sending yous lots of purrayers. Wes too tells Mommy she needs to do something everyday that she loves the mostest and me was hoping that was my blog…but alas…it is doing some art. My blog has suffered. She has not has a lot of time besides working so she has been doing ART. She says it keeps her sane.
    Wes is purraying for yous Dede!
    kisses
    Nellie

Posted by catfromhell | June 16, 2013, 9:33 PM
  32. DeDe, we hope you continue to feel good. We like to blog too…the mom does it because she likes it…it’s her guilty pleasure. 🙂 We tell her she shouldn’t feel guilty about it at all!

Posted by theislandcats | June 16, 2013, 9:53 PM
  33. Like Jen, we blog cause we like it, and all the wonderful people we have met! We hope DeDe isn’t in too much pain. We’re purring for her.

Posted by Oui Oui | June 16, 2013, 10:49 PM
  34. DeDe, we love you, and hope you continue to feel good for a long time. We love to laugh, and we love playing with Moosey everyday. So we’re kind of selfish, because those are TWO things. 🙂

Posted by meowmeowmans | June 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
  35. So glad that Dede doesn’t have to deal with constant pain. That is such a bummer and yeah it impedes happy times. My happy times are talking and singing to my dogs and cuddling/petting them. They are so innocent and eager.

My other enjoyment is not so much my blog as my weekly column in our community’s online virtual magazine. It’s is mostly about my three shih tzus and is called Puppy Dog Tales. I write that mostly for me.

Posted by Sandra Bell Kirchman | June 17, 2013, 2:14 AM
  36. Lots of rolls in the grass for Dede. I like to roll in the grass too, if it’s not raining.

Posted by stanze | June 17, 2013, 2:32 AM
  37. Very true!

Posted by Basil | June 17, 2013, 4:32 AM
  38. So well said DeDe I am glad you are getting some help with your arthritis 🙂 my mum loves to have that nice coffee first thing before all the fur creatures and furless creatures surface in the mornings … I just love to make funny noises when I see the cheep cheepers outside 🙂

Posted by boscocat | June 17, 2013, 6:14 AM
  39. I can totally relate to your mommy’s reasons for writing in her blog! For many reasons, I have recently been away from my blog for almost a month, and I have felt like an incomplete person this whole time! Thankfully, I will be back on my blog this week! Also, I am happy for you, DeDe, that your arthritis is able to be controlled! Have a wonderful day!

Posted by Jessica | June 17, 2013, 7:49 AM
  40. Jen, I’m delighted to hear that DeDe is feeling better. Arthritis is painful and can be debilitating, but it’s good to know it can also be managed.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | June 17, 2013, 4:10 PM
  41. Hope you get some relief DeDe, I love seeing you rolling round in the green grass. One thing I do every day, just for me? Mmmmmm, I like to do something crafty everyday. The kitties sit on their big ol’ pillow and nap and I just putter 😀

Posted by Boomdeeadda | June 18, 2013, 2:20 AM
  42. My husband and I love to hug, kiss, and play with our spoiled Puppy Girl. I love to travel and write in my blog. Thanks for asking. Glad you are getting in some grass rolling, DeDe. 🙂

Posted by tchistorygal | November 30, 2013, 5:48 AM
  43. If you are going for best contents like myself, simply pay
    a visit this website every day since it offers quality contents,
    thanks

Posted by thong cao bao chi | September 24, 2014, 4:35 AM

Hissy Fit Jones takes a nap #formerferal #gingercat #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofinstagram