Dear DeDe

DeDe: Don’t Leave Your Feelings in Charge!

Oh Dog! DeDe here with another tip to make you look and feel your best!

It's time for another beauty tip to make you look and feel your best!

It’s time for another beauty tip to make you look and feel your best!

Today’s tip: Don’t let your feelings control your life!

You were born with the ability to feel things. That was no mistake; there is a reason for your feelings.

But that reason was NOT to run your life.

When Jen is doling out treats and Rumpy takes mine, I get mad. But how many times have you seen a dog still mad hours later? Almost never!

Why is that? I choose to not run the incident over and over in my head. I am focused on what’s in front of me now.

Sometimes I get upset with Bubba horning in on my bed, but that does't mean I hold it against him forever.

Sometimes I get upset with Bubba horning in on my bed, but that does’t mean I hold it against him forever.

Life events will happen that evoke certain feelings. You will feel angry. You will feel sad. That is normal.

Dwelling on those feelings is a choice. You can just as easily choose to focus your attention elsewhere.

People who stay angry are not attractive. And if you DO find those people attractive, perhaps you need to ask yourself why. But that’s another post.

So the next time someone cuts you off in traffic, feel the anger. Then choose to focus on something else. The kid in the car in front of you that’s throwing around cereal. A soothing song on the radio. Plans you have for later in the day. You’d be amazed how much better you’ll feel- and look!

And never leave home without this essential beauty product- a smile!

35 thoughts on “DeDe: Don’t Leave Your Feelings in Charge!

1. Bubba does look like a bit of a bed hog, and Rumpy’s love of treats – well, we won’t even go there…. But YES, DeDe, letting it go and moving on is always the best approach.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | August 18, 2013, 8:24 AM
  2. I definitely needed this this morning. Thank you 🙂

Posted by Jill C. | August 18, 2013, 9:10 AM
  3. Thank yoooowooowooooo DeDe!

Posted by Kuruk | August 18, 2013, 9:20 AM
  4. Great advices DeDe… something I need to remember sometimes!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | August 18, 2013, 9:21 AM
  5. Great advice!xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | August 18, 2013, 9:24 AM
  6. Grrrrrreat advice fur life.

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | August 18, 2013, 9:25 AM
  7. I agree no one is attractive who looks like one of the Angry Birds! Have a great Sunday dear DeDe and thanks for your advice :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | August 18, 2013, 9:44 AM
  8. Whenever I feel tired, angry, sad and the other negative feelings, I look at doggies and kitties pictures on the albums or on webs that make me forget annoying things because of their cuteness! You’re very true DeDe, if we focuse on the other things which makes you happy, our bad feeling easily goes somewhere else!
    Have a lovely Sunday! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | August 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
  9. Great job, as always, DeDe! You are so wise, and this is something that we’ll try to remember — today and always!

Posted by meowmeowmans | August 18, 2013, 10:16 AM
  10. My mom tries to live life like a dog and just be in the moment but she says it is difficult for humans. Good advice, though.

Posted by Emmadog | August 18, 2013, 10:25 AM
  11. Good job Dede and you are so right.,

Posted by mariodacat | August 18, 2013, 10:55 AM
  12. We knowing a hooman who staying angry. She says she very spurritual purrson, but we begging to differ. We no liking her, and she no furriend. We just forgiving her for being such an angry hooman. Not for her, but because we no wanting any angry hooman to suck up Purrime Ministerette energies.

Posted by Shiva & Jaya | August 18, 2013, 11:20 AM
  13. DeDe you are a sweet dog and a very wise one. Thank you for the Beauty posts.

Posted by BJ Pup | August 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
  14. If all else fails think of puppies or kittens. 🙂

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | August 18, 2013, 12:08 PM
  15. If only humans had the great power to forgive and forget that so many companion animals possess!

Posted by Russell Smith | August 18, 2013, 12:17 PM
  16. Excellent advice, DeDe. Don’t dwell on the negative and smile. I’ve been working on my Zen-like attitude and carry a tiny booklet, “Keep Calm and Carry On,” to remind me not to let the “little” things that bug me become “big” things.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | August 18, 2013, 12:58 PM
  17. My dog Maya is an excellent role model for how to always be happy. 🙂

Posted by ILoveDogs | August 18, 2013, 1:05 PM
  18. Pet a cat! They absorb it and flick it out the end of their tail. Any animal who can sleep that much simply doesn’t carry baggage, so whatever you do, don’t put it in your suitcase!

Posted by Bernadette | August 18, 2013, 2:20 PM
  19. Great advice. 🙂

Posted by raisingdaisy | August 18, 2013, 6:57 PM
  20. DeDe you are again right..best to be cranky get it out of your system and move on…makes you happier and healthier 🙂 Big hugs Fozziemum x

Posted by fozziemum | August 18, 2013, 7:58 PM
  21. Spectacular advice. Thanks!

Posted by well minded | August 18, 2013, 10:47 PM
  22. DeDe The Wise. That’s the best tip ever, park the negative moods/emotions and get on with life. xoxo

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | August 19, 2013, 8:39 AM
  23. Count to ten 🙂

Posted by mythreemoggies | August 19, 2013, 9:55 AM
  24. Thank you, DeDe I needed to hear that today!

Posted by Lenore | August 19, 2013, 1:35 PM
  25. You always give the best advise, DeDe!!! xo

Posted by Moxie Reviews™ | August 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
  26. Excellent advice..if we lived in “the now” like dogs we’d be a lot happier…just what I needed to read right now 🙂 Knew there was a reason why it’s taken me so long to be able to get back to W/P!

Posted by europasicewolf | August 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
  27. This is why I feel that doggies are so much smarter than humans! You are an awesome guru, DeDe!!

Posted by Jessica | August 25, 2013, 11:22 AM