Dear DeDe

DeDe: Laughter is the Best Medicine!

Oh Dog! DeDe here with another beauty tip! My goal is to make you look and feel your best.

Laughter is good for the soul!

Laughter is good for the soul!

This week’s tip: Laugh out loud!

Nothing feels better than to share a laugh with a friend, right? Why is that?

When you laugh, you’re stretching muscles throughout your body. Your pulse and blood pressure rises too. More oxygen moves through your body.

Sounds like exercise, doesn’t it?

And you get the same benefit. A researcher by the name of William Fye found that you get your heart rate up faster through laughter than through strenuous exercise. Another researcher by the name ofย Maciej Buchowski ย found that 15 minutes of hearty laughter burned 50 calories!

Laughter is also attractive. Victor Borge said, “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” And it’s true! Everyone wants to know what’s so funny.

023

Laughter is the easiest way to feel good and look good!

Just make sure you don’t fall into the trap of enjoying laughter at the expense of others. That is harmful to them, and it most certainly does NOT make you look attractive.

So make a point to enjoy some laughter every day. It’s one the best ways to use that essential beauty product- a smile!

Have a great week!

41 thoughts on “DeDe: Laughter is the Best Medicine!

1. Willow giggles and rolls over kicking her legs. I bees happie girlz! She smooches DeDe and they giggle together.

Posted by Donna (@MorganthePirate) | September 15, 2013, 7:00 AM
  2. So true … we especially like to dance while we’re laughing too ๐Ÿ˜‰ oh how saturday nights have changed! http://wp.me/p1m5Gv-1EI

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | September 15, 2013, 7:00 AM
  3. We get plenty of laughter around her as I am pretty funny and my new sister is always amusing us!

Posted by Emmadog | September 15, 2013, 7:16 AM
  4. One of the many reasons I love my bird – she laughs all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by dou dou | September 15, 2013, 7:50 AM
  5. Great post – yes, I need to laugh more. I spend a lot of my time being irritated and grrring at my new fursis at the moment. Mum says she can’t help being little and I was annoying when I was small. I shall try and laugh instead of grrr.

Posted by Teagan | September 15, 2013, 7:53 AM
  6. You’re SOOOO right DeDe……we all like smiley faces more than frownies that’s for sure and I’m lucky because my parents love to have fun so there’s lots of smiles and happy sounds ’round my house!

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | September 15, 2013, 8:13 AM
  7. fifteen minutes of laughter, can you imagine.. c

Posted by cecilia | September 15, 2013, 8:19 AM
  8. We SO agree with you. We LOVE to laugh and THAT is why we LOVE Blogging and BLOGVILLE. There is always at least 87 laughs to be found here.

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | September 15, 2013, 9:07 AM
  9. We love laughing out loud, too!!! It is really good to your health and you’ll get much longer life if you laugh out loud every day at least once!!! You always have a lovely smiling face on, DeDe! Yes, I agree that sharing laughter makes people much happier! Have a lovely Sunday, DeDe! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | September 15, 2013, 9:23 AM
  10. Thanks, DeDe! You’re right, we always just feel better after a nice, big, hearty laugh!

Posted by meowmeowmans | September 15, 2013, 9:37 AM
  11. WOL! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by Kuruk | September 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
  12. Us old folks here laugh a lot at ourselves and the silly things we do…so we stay in good shape. Laughter makes a body feel good for sure. Chancy keeps us laughing too, he is a funny little dog. Great post! Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Mags Corner | September 15, 2013, 10:32 AM
  13. True DeDe! And that is exactly why dogs are the beast healers in the world. ๐Ÿ˜€

Posted by LifeOfBun | September 15, 2013, 12:05 PM
  14. I love this message! It’s so very true. Especially the last part about not laughing at the expense of others. One thing that I follow are the four agreements and one is ‘be impeccable with your word’ – any action must fall inline with this and I never feed badly. I love laughing. I love laughing at myself. I love being happy.

Posted by Kimberly Gauthier | September 15, 2013, 12:23 PM
  15. Dede, that’s great advice. What about hugs and snuggles?

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | September 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
  16. What great advice DeDe!! Had to laugh now because at the end of your post there was an advert of some old lady pulling the skin off her face!!

Posted by Austin Towers | September 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
  17. Thanks to Maya & Pierson, I experience joyful laughter every day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by ILoveDogs | September 15, 2013, 2:10 PM
  18. Yow me n Mum iz alwayz laffin…we watch ALOT of British comedy so dere iz alot of laffin here!! Plus Mum lovez to act goofy n make peeple laff n she can tell a story dat makez peeple cry wif lafftur!!
    Ya haz da sweetest smile DeDe…n dat makez us smile too!!!!
    Nylablue n Sherriellen xo

Posted by Nylabluesmum | September 15, 2013, 4:10 PM
  19. My best times are when Im with friends who make me laugh; such a good feeling.

Posted by morristownmemos by Ronnie Hammer | September 15, 2013, 4:14 PM
  20. Mom and I laugh all the time Miss DeDe…and may I say how lovely your front leggies are looking *blushes*

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | September 15, 2013, 4:51 PM
  21. Awesome post Rumpydog!! I love laughing…and I try to keep my humans laughing too…they’re so easy to please!

Paws up!!

SHRIMP

Posted by hairballexpress | September 15, 2013, 5:23 PM
  22. That’s a great tip, DeDe! We make our peeps laugh all the time!

Posted by The Island Cats | September 15, 2013, 7:50 PM
  23. Not enough laughter in the world ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by mythreemoggies | September 16, 2013, 7:14 AM
  24. hehehe we had a great week end of laughter at my party!xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | September 16, 2013, 12:05 PM
  25. Laughing is one of the reasons I watch Jay Leno’s opening monologue. I always get a few laughs before I go to sleep. I watch a little longer if his first guest is a comedian.

Posted by whydowepaythem | September 17, 2013, 5:23 PM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram