DeDe: It’s Your Uniqueness That Makes You Beautiful!

Oh Dog! DeDe here with another tip to make you look and feel your best!

047

DeDe here. Each week I share a tip to make you look and feel your best.

This week’s tip: Your true beauty comes from your unique self.

Each human has his or her unique talents, traits, and quirks.

So why do they try so hard to all look and act alike?

They want to be fashionable, so they all wear the same clothes.

They want to be beautiful, so they have surgery to alter their body.

They use the same slang to look cool.

Here’s a secret us dogs know: These folks are trying to be someone besides themselves. And that means they’re not happy with who and what they are.

017

I have no desire to look like Rumpy. I like me the way I am.

That face lift or boob job might get you more attention, but does it really make you beautiful?

Truth is, beauty is subjective. To be sure, most people have similar ideas of beauty, but that’s because that’s what they were taught, not what they believe for themselves.

Do you want to be a true beauty? Then make peace with the person that you are, instead of working so hard to be someone else.

So wear make-up, and jewelry, and fancy clothes if you want…… but not to make you beautiful, but to adorn the beauty that’s already there.

photo

Have you ever seen a dog that wanted to change his or her appearance?

And never leave home with your most essential beauty product- a smile!

Rumpy has gone on from this plane. We, his kitty siblings,continue to blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com in his stead. You can follow us on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! Thanks!

37 thoughts on “DeDe: It’s Your Uniqueness That Makes You Beautiful!

1. Rumpy dog, you are very smart. First for knowing this and second for posting it! Have a great day – Jobi and Fisher

Posted by askfisher | September 29, 2013, 7:52 AM
  2. Amen, Dede! That is why I try to encourage ladies with curly/kinky hair to stay natural and avoid harsh carcinogenic chemicals used in hair straighteners. There is a Euro-centric standard that is forced as a beauty standard that sometimes makes some ladies feel their hair needs to be “fixed” in order for them to fit into that standard and be ‘acceptable.’ I have been natural, happy and nappy for more than 20 years and ‘Poppa’ Michael, BobButtons and Winston Henry love me just the way I am. I’ve even started a group on Facebook called ‘Happy Nappy Heads.’

Posted by Ms. Kathy | September 29, 2013, 8:07 AM
  3. Some humans are very weird…they try to throw away their personality on purpuse….especially as for their appearance….How sad, isn’t it? They should read your posts and learn lots of things to be beautiful!
    Have a happy Sunday, DeDe!:)

Posted by eripanwkevin | September 29, 2013, 8:34 AM
  4. Nice tip, DeDe. You’re awesome. Mom says I am one of a kind. I was never sure if that was a good thing, since she usually says it when I’m naughty, but I guess it IS good, after all. I did have surgery, but not to be beautiful, it was just so no more puppies came in my belly…..

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | September 29, 2013, 8:37 AM
  5. DeDe you are wise beyond your years. It is a shame that us humans can’t realize that we are beautiful with out putting ourselves through all the beauty enhancements and torturous hair treatments. Thank you for sharing your views. I think you and Rumpy are pretty cute!

Posted by msdiznee2000 | September 29, 2013, 9:11 AM
  6. Very smart thoughts! Me? I will just get the ocassional piece of ink, it isn’t because I want to be someone else instead it is because I want to express me.

Posted by Valentine Logar | September 29, 2013, 9:23 AM
  7. The only thing us dogs do to change our appearance is to roll in some really great stuff so we smell better, but I don’t know if that really counts for this question.

Posted by Emmadog | September 29, 2013, 9:36 AM
  8. To be you and unique is the best, you’re right ! Walt Disney said:The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique

Posted by easyweimaraner | September 29, 2013, 9:49 AM
  9. DeDe, you are so beauwoooowoooooootiful to meeeeeeeeewoooooooooooo!

Posted by Kuruk | September 29, 2013, 10:20 AM
  10. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT Post!!!!!
    Does it count against ME (Frankie Furter) that I wish ERNIE was Less like HIMSELF and more like ME???

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | September 29, 2013, 10:29 AM
  11. You are so right DeDe. Clever girl

Posted by agatapokutycka | September 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
  12. you are so right Dede,xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | September 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
  13. Doggone it, DeDe, you hit the nail on the head. Truth! Thanks for the uplifting post. 🙂

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | September 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
  14. Well said, DeDe! I laugh when I see those tabloids about two movie stars wearing the same dress, and asking which one wears it better. Dumb question, I think….they’re two different people.

Posted by Angeline M | September 29, 2013, 12:38 PM
  15. We can really learn something from dogs on this one! 🙂

Posted by ILoveDogs | September 29, 2013, 5:00 PM
  16. Well, now you come to mention it, DeDe, some humans are more than a bit weird in that wanting to be clones thing!

Posted by CATachresis | September 29, 2013, 5:39 PM
  17. Wise words from a beautiful DeDe. Smiles

Posted by Renee Espriu | September 29, 2013, 5:59 PM
  18. As an artist and writer, I would have nothing to do if everyone was really the same–maybe that’s why I focus on animals!

Posted by Bernadette | September 29, 2013, 7:19 PM
  19. I don’t know a dog or cat who wanted to change his/her appearance. However, I do know doga and cats who react when they are groomed and shaved.

Posted by BJ Pup | September 29, 2013, 9:16 PM
  20. Dee Dee you are a true beauty, very wise. By the way we saw your comment on our travel post when we talked about pugs and smushy faced babies flying we meant in the cabin with people where it is temp controlled. When Weasley flew to us he took a special temp controlled flight, you are right owners need to do a TON of research I would never let any dog travel in the cargo hold

kate urban hounds

Posted by urban hounds | September 30, 2013, 5:11 AM
  21. De De indeed we need to stop seeing ourselves as objects that should be changed to fit in..i love not being like everyone else..if i change anything about myself…it is for me..to give myself a treat..paint my nails,color my hair…my hubby has said for 33 years he loves me no differently to when we first met…he says he sees me still as his girl..the same one he met at 19 and to me he is the same boy..we see each other as we both are..unique great post and very encouraging to see all the comments about positive self image..i’m a 52 year old woman who has no interest in being a 30 year old woman..iv’e already done that 🙂 have a great day hugs Fozziemum x

Posted by fozziemum | September 30, 2013, 5:28 AM
  22. DeDe, you are always so smart. Love this!!

Posted by Moxie Reviews™ (@MoxieReviews) | October 4, 2013, 7:08 AM

Hissy Fit Jones takes a nap #formerferal #gingercat #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofinstagram