Dear DeDe

DeDe: Celebrate Beauty!

Oh Dog! DeDe here with this week’s tip to make you look and feel your best!

We're having a big celebration here for Rumpy Dog!

We’re having a big celebration here for Rumpy Dog!

This week’s tip: Celebrate the joys of life!

There are plenty of reasons to celebrate throughout the course of our lives. Sure, there’s the big things, like that promotion at work, or the birth of a child. But there are many other reasons as well.

One problem that I see, though, is that we celebrate things that don’t hold much meaning, while ignoring things that are truly worth celebrating.

How many people are focused on sports teams they have no real connection to? Who celebrates the coming out of a new fashion line, or a movie, or a new restaurant?

Those are artificial and designed to create buzz and money. Things truly worth celebrating don’t try to suck you in and drain your wallet dry.

This week, I challenge you to find a reason to kick up your heels and have a party! Friend gets a new hairstyle? Child aces a math test? Someone tells a joke that made you laugh so hard your mood lifted? Celebrate!

These are the observances that make people feel truly happy, and when you feel truly happy, it shows!

photo 1

I’m ready for the big birthday bash! Yay!

And when you feel happy, you’re sure to never leave home without that essential beauty product- a smile!

Rumpy has gone on from this plane. We, his kitty siblings,continue to blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com in his stead. You can follow us on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! Thanks!

38 thoughts on “DeDe: Celebrate Beauty!

1. Yes every day should be a celebration day .. whooo hoooo! and enjoy!!!…. Put on the best frock, splash the expensive perfume, and Sing and Dance.. Why save such things for best.. We only ever Live in the Now .. lol so make the most of every moment…
    Enjoy your Party Time 🙂 Love and Hugs Sue

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | October 19, 2013, 6:49 AM
  2. The best things in life are free…like a hug!

Posted by Emmadog | October 19, 2013, 6:55 AM
  3. I agree with you DeDe, let’s enjoy life! James Dean said: Dream as if you’ll live forever.Live as if you’ll die today.

Posted by easyweimaraner | October 19, 2013, 7:25 AM
  4. Sunday Fishday we celebrate!

Posted by Shiva & Jaya | October 19, 2013, 7:29 AM
  5. I must’ve looked beautiful last week. I was celebrating finding a macaroni noodle on the ground! And I ate it so fast, Mom couldn’t say, “Leave it.” YAY!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | October 19, 2013, 7:33 AM
  6. Whenever we celebrate things, we feel so happy for it, so you’re very true DeDe! This behavior obviously makes us look beautiful because of those happy faces!!! Have a lovely Saturday and Happy Gotcha Day eve to Rumpy! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 19, 2013, 8:54 AM
  7. DeDe has such a sweet face. A true beauty.

B2B.

Posted by Buddy2Blogger | October 19, 2013, 9:49 AM
  8. Jasmine kissed my foot…what can I say…I am pleased by little things. 🙂

Posted by granny1947 | October 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
  9. DeDe, you are absolutely right! I am celebrating my cat, Lilith Kitten Mahoney. She is purring in my ear as I write this. Her purrs are more beautiful than all the trendy hairstyles and expensive clothes a human could ever buy or wear, and they don’t cost a thing!

Posted by Debby Hanoka | October 19, 2013, 10:36 AM
  10. Hear, hear! Thanks for the reminder of what’s important.

Posted by Laurel Leigh | October 19, 2013, 12:14 PM
  11. What great advice!!! Every day with Nylablue is a bonus & I have been following your advice….making each day a ‘special’ day for her & for me!! We each had our tuna-tuna this morning: hers straight up with added water & warm & mine mixed with Hellman’s mayo & basil & pepper in a sandwich….it was fun to sit with her as she ate ‘her’ tuna & I ate ‘my’ tuna…the little things are the BEST!!!!
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue xo

Posted by Nylabluesmum | October 19, 2013, 12:44 PM
  12. That is all so true and you have the best happy smile!

Posted by Brian Frum | October 19, 2013, 1:43 PM
  13. We celebrate lots of things that others don’t find impawtant…like Mom finding a hurt female Lesser Goldfinch in our backyard and taking it to Lindsay Wildlife Hospital…we don’t know if she made it…but we sure did try our best for that bird

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | October 19, 2013, 2:20 PM
  14. DeDe, that’s some excellent advice. Us cats are gonna celebrate just because we can. 🙂

Posted by The Island Cats | October 19, 2013, 2:35 PM
  15. CELEBRATE LIFE EVERYDAY!

Posted by wigglebuttryker | October 19, 2013, 3:15 PM
  16. Party time! Especially the weekend – ahh..

Posted by LifeOfBun | October 19, 2013, 4:38 PM
  17. Dede you are such a wise doggie! 🙂

Posted by Geraldine | October 19, 2013, 6:38 PM
  18. PS: Me and the Chedster, LOVE your hat. 😉

Posted by Geraldine | October 19, 2013, 6:39 PM
  19. Way to go DeDe. You are so right! Great post.

Posted by mariodacat | October 19, 2013, 7:55 PM
  20. Great post! Very wise and practical. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Sushi | October 19, 2013, 8:18 PM
  21. Thanks for the reminder of what’s really important, DeDe. Celebrate life.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | October 19, 2013, 9:26 PM
  22. I will celebrate having awesome friends in the online pet community. 🙂

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | October 19, 2013, 10:12 PM
  23. DeDe again some sage advice…I don’t connect to sport or fashion..its not my thing..but the Artichokes that have started to grow,the lady birds that have arrived to keep my roses safe,my pups finally able to enjoy a swim in their pool…these things are worth celebrating..and the fact that ,my babies are all safe and with me here that is indeed celebratory ! have a great day DeDe and we hope Rumpy enjoys his gotcha day..we made him a card 🙂 hugs Fozziemum xx

Posted by fozziemum | October 19, 2013, 11:44 PM
  24. Awwww, Dede, your tips make your family to a little solar system where you can mirror each other inner warmth and make each other more comfortable and happy even if somebody feels not so well!
    Very happy Gotcha Day for Rumpy!!!!

Posted by kolytyi | October 20, 2013, 3:23 AM
  25. Such a beautiful thought. Such a beautiful woofie! xox

Posted by Austin Towers | October 20, 2013, 5:06 AM
  26. Oh, and sweet DeDe what a beautiful smile you have. We celebrate life around here and try to smile a lot. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Mags Corner | October 20, 2013, 5:44 AM
  27. Dear DeDe, I love your smile. And that birthday party had is stunning on you!

Posted by Cathy Ulrich | October 20, 2013, 8:49 AM
  28. We’re celebrating that the sweet Calico kitty who was dumped at the library and had kittens in the bushes behind the building will soon be getting a foster home along with her babies!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | October 21, 2013, 5:37 AM

Hissy Fit Jones takes a nap #formerferal #gingercat #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofinstagram