Update on Rumpy

Hi everybody! Thought I’d give you an update on how I’m doing.

20140301-065100.jpg

I love to lie on the back porch in the morning when it’s cool!

My gums are looking better! Jen is feeding a mixture of wet and dry food, and I’m eating well.

I’ve been good about taking my medicine too, especially since Jen has been wrapping it with peanut butter. Yum!

I’ll be headed back to the vet next week to see how I’m doing.

Oddly enough, I’ve heard of two other canine friends who have had the same problem. For one, the vet went ahead and removed the tooth. For the other, the vet put off the surgery.

Jen had a very long day at work yesterday, and it started at 6 AM! That’s why there was no blog post yesterday. But now it’s Saturday! YAY!

Jen promised that she was not going to spend the day doing stuff. We’re going to relax and take it easy.

What are YOU going to do? Whatever it is, I hope it’s fun!

76 thoughts on “Update on Rumpy

1. Hope it’s going better, step by step Rumpy!

Posted by puzzleblume | March 1, 2014, 7:09 AM
  2. Hope your vet visit goes well. Have a super Saturday!

Posted by Emmadog | March 1, 2014, 7:10 AM
  3. Go, Rumpy!

Posted by jmgoyder | March 1, 2014, 7:13 AM
  4. We are with you Rumpy. Today is local Writer’s Group meeting day. (business meeting ugh)

Posted by John W. Howell | March 1, 2014, 7:17 AM
  5. So glad you are doing better, Rumpy! Good luck at your vet appointment.

Posted by Jan K | March 1, 2014, 7:22 AM
  6. Enjoy your weekend, Rumpy!

Posted by Clowie | March 1, 2014, 7:24 AM
  7. Great report, R. Eating well and taking medicine with PEANUT BUTTER are both yummy and positive developments. I feel good news coming on next week.

Lots of love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 1, 2014, 7:26 AM
  8. Glad to hear you have some good news…enjoy your day…my crew is having a sleepy day…lots of naps here.

Posted by TammyeHoney | March 1, 2014, 7:40 AM
  9. We’re so pleased to hear things are going better Rumpy! Tooths can be so much trouble 😦
    Today we’re going to cuddle inside because it is SOOOO cold out – Gracie just wants to stay under a blanket and the rest of us are happy to lick peanut butter out of bones – hope you have a relaxing weekend. (If Jen spends too much time writing, do what Gracie does and try stepping on the keyboard.)

Posted by savedbydogss | March 1, 2014, 7:44 AM
  10. Hi buddy – sorry to hear you have been ill. I’ve been missing a lot lately, so don’t know what has happened to you other than a toothie or toothies problem. I know all about that because I don’t have any. Sure hope you don’t have Stomatitis like it did buddy. I’ll be purring for you.

Posted by mariodacat | March 1, 2014, 7:52 AM
    • I went in to have my teeth cleaned and when the vet did bloodwork he found I have elevated liver enzyme levels, so they didn’t want to anesthetize me. I’m hoping it was caused by the infection and that I’ll be able to get my teeth cleaned and tooth removed soon.

Posted by rumpydog | March 1, 2014, 7:55 AM
  11. Glad you’re feeling better, Rumpy! It’s no fun being “under the weather”! And it’s no fun for us “fur moms” either!

Sorry Jen had such a long day at work yesterday! Before I retired, I hated those long days, especially when they came on a Friday! I hope you get to spend a lot of quiet quality time with Jen this weekend! Enjoy!!

Posted by The Golden Life | March 1, 2014, 7:52 AM
  12. I’m so glad to hear your gums are getting better!!!! OMD! Jen is very hard worker….I understand you miss her…I hope you enjoy this weekend with Jen! πŸ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 1, 2014, 7:56 AM
  13. Wrapping medication in peanut butter? What a great idea. Must try that with my gang. Not a good day for Jen yesterday, but bet you looked after her when she got home,. Hope next week’s dentist visit goes well.

Posted by Christmas Pie Crafts | March 1, 2014, 7:58 AM
  14. It is so good to hear that you are eating and taking your medicine. Keep getting better and better sweet Rumpy and you and sweet Jen enjoy a nice restful, relaxing weekend. Hugs and nose kisses

Posted by Mags Corner | March 1, 2014, 8:12 AM
  15. Glad you are doing better Rumpy!!!! Hope the vet visit goes well!

Posted by Dakota/Caren/Cody | March 1, 2014, 8:21 AM
  16. Gosh, RD, Ai’m so glad u is betta. Ai been a lil unner teh wevver maisef & Ai has not so gud teef. Iz Mardi Gras tiem heer but mai peepuls dont sellabrate it so Ai will be in mai yooshul spot next to Poppa on teh bed waching Burn Notice, NCIS maryfons.

Posted by Mr. Bob Buttons | March 1, 2014, 8:25 AM
  17. I cross my paws for you Rumpy, hope all goes well next week. It’s great to spend a saturday together and to take it easy :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 1, 2014, 8:27 AM
  18. I hope your vet visit goes well and they give you lots of cookies. It’s raining here for the first time in forever so I think I’ll take it easy around the house. But I’ll still be taking my person out for a walk.

Posted by Bongo | March 1, 2014, 9:38 AM
  19. Wooohooooo Rumpy! Make sure Jen has a rest day!

Posted by Kuruk | March 1, 2014, 10:03 AM
  20. We’re so glad you’re feeling better, sweetie! Enjoy the weekend! πŸ˜€ xoxo Roxy & Tigerlino

Posted by purrfectkitties | March 1, 2014, 10:06 AM
  21. SO glad that your gums are better and that you are Eating and taking your Peanutbutter Pills. GOOD NEWS RUMPY.

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | March 1, 2014, 10:26 AM
  22. So glad you are feeling better, nothing like peanut butter to make the medicine go down.

Posted by PC PHOTO | March 1, 2014, 10:36 AM
  23. So nice to hear you are doing better Rumpy!
    No big plans here, just relaxing!
    Have a great weekend!
    ((husky hugz))
    frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky

Posted by Jenna,Mark β€œHuskyCrazed” Drady | March 1, 2014, 10:45 AM
  24. So glad to hear you’re feeling better.
    My husband and I went to the Viera Wetlands to take photos of birds and alligators. We even saw two deer scamper by – but, we didn’t get a photo. They were out of sight before you know it. Best wishes to you and your crew.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 1, 2014, 10:52 AM
  25. Hi Rumpy! You look good but then you always do……hopefully since you’re eating well your teefs aren’t bothering you but Jen will know by how you are whether it’s time to pull a toof. We’re just hanging out and resting up from the Moon trip here…..it’s too cold to be outside so we’re snuggling by the fire in the fireplace!

Hugs, Sammy

Posted by onespoiledcat | March 1, 2014, 10:57 AM
  26. I hope you get better soon Rumpy! I have braces so I know how sucky it is for your mouth to hurt. But hopefully you don’t hurt as much as I do. πŸ˜‰

Posted by vetintrainin | March 1, 2014, 11:07 AM
  27. I’m glad your gums are looking better. I hope things go well next week at your vet. appointment. Sasha likes peanut butter too =)

Posted by Maria Appleby | March 1, 2014, 11:18 AM
  28. Oh, Rumpy…please keep on feeling better! Sending you hugs!

Posted by fivesibesmom | March 1, 2014, 11:48 AM
  29. Thank you for the update I was wondering how you were doing, glad to hear your gums are better .

Posted by dianaroggenbuckebrown | March 1, 2014, 2:31 PM
  30. I am so glad you are doing better! I told so…yes did and I am glad it is true. I am also glad Jen is doing a relax day. We need them so much. I’ve pretended to be a cat today – lots of naps, sitting at the window looking out, having a few snacks. It’s been a great relaxing day.

Posted by kanzensakura | March 1, 2014, 3:17 PM
  31. We hope Jen really did take it easy, and everything is okay at the vet this week!

Posted by Bernadette | March 1, 2014, 4:26 PM
  32. That’s great news, Rumpy! Thank you for the update as I was about to send Jen a mail to see how you’re doing! Now you can spend the weekend cuddling! πŸ˜‰
    Happy March with happy news on everything! πŸ™‚

Posted by marina kanavaki | March 1, 2014, 4:31 PM
  33. Thanks for the update and I”m glad you’re doing better. Hope you had a fun relaxing day. Tell Jen to put her feet up, have some wine and chill.

Posted by Hi folks. WooWoo | March 1, 2014, 4:37 PM
  34. You’re a true hero, Rumpy. Enjoy your relaxing weekend πŸ™‚

Posted by CATachresis | March 1, 2014, 4:43 PM
  35. Glad that you are feeling better. We do not do peanut butter. Mom does not even have it in the house. We spent the day hanging out. Mom went with a neighbor to go look at a rescue pup. It is for the neighbor, not for us. When she got home, we had a chance to play on the patio until it got too hot. Once the air conditioner goes on, the sliding glass door gets shut.

Posted by corkscot | March 1, 2014, 6:29 PM
  36. Good luck Rumpy, we will be thinking of you.

Posted by Brian | March 1, 2014, 6:34 PM
  37. Rumpy, we’re glad you’re doing better. Good luck at the vet!

Posted by The Island Cats | March 1, 2014, 6:48 PM
  38. We are happy to hear you are doing better,Rumpy – we hope the vet visit goes well for you. Phantom gets his meds in peanut butter too – about the only thing that works. But just for some of his meds. He can smell that Marin no matter how Mom tries to hide it , and then he just spits it out.

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by The OP Pack | March 1, 2014, 8:12 PM
  39. Glad to hear your gums are doing better. We’d take your medicine with peanut butter also, yum yum. Hope Jen has a restful day today and tomorrow and that we get some good news when you go back to the vet. xoxo

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 1, 2014, 8:45 PM
  40. Great news Rumpy – such a chore to take those peanut butter-clad pills, keep up the good work!

Posted by Animalcouriers | March 1, 2014, 11:57 PM
  41. Glad you’re feeling better, hon.

Posted by Jana Rade | March 2, 2014, 12:54 AM
  42. So glad you feel better Rumpy….here’s to a relaxing weekend with Jen hugs Fozziemum xx

Posted by fozziemum | March 2, 2014, 4:41 AM
  43. Positive news is what we

Posted by mythreemoggies | March 2, 2014, 11:53 AM
  44. Yow sweet Rumpy we just got here to reed yer update!! we iz both glad ya is feelin bettur n da gumz lookin guud. Also glad ya is takzin yer meddycashun….dat iz impawtent! Diz comin frum me da Kat who his so bad when takin medz πŸ˜‰
    Me now understandz what ya meant on FB last nite when ya posted dat list of what jen did n it waz apposta be a reelazxin day! Aren’t Hu’manz cute??
    Me haz bin snugglin wif Mum n just restin after da Summerland scare!!!
    Much lub frum Nylablue =^,,^=

Posted by Nylabluesmum | March 2, 2014, 2:44 PM
  45. I am so happy too to hear everything is better now πŸ™‚ Thanks and Love, nia

Posted by niasunset | March 2, 2014, 4:37 PM
  46. So glad you’re getting better, Rumpy. We hope you all had a great weekend.

Posted by meowmeowmans | March 2, 2014, 10:14 PM
  47. So pleased it sounds like you are on the mend!!

Posted by Basil | March 3, 2014, 3:33 AM
  48. Glad you’re feeling better Rumpy! Keep us updated!

Posted by scoochyourpooch | March 4, 2014, 10:53 AM
  49. Keep getting better Rumpy,xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | March 11, 2014, 1:22 PM

I say I'm helping Jen work, but she says I'm a hindrance. I say shes full of it. #eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram