An Easter Wish For All

Oh Dog! Happy Easter everybody!

Easter

The National Confectioner’s Association says that over 7 billion pounds of candy will be bought and consumed in the US this Easter. According to robbwolf.com, Easter is second only to Halloween in the amount of sugary treats consumed.

There’s lots of chocolate out there, folks, so make sure your dog or other companion animals don’t get hold of any of it. And the other treats probably aren’t good for your animal companions either. I know we’re on guard at Christmas and Halloween, but chocolate and candy can make a dog sick any day of the year, including today.

Happy-Easter-22-1024x768

Now I’m not a particularly religious dog, but I do know that every day I wish for peace for myself, my family, and for all the world. It just so happens that today lots of people around the world is wishing the same.

Maybe this year, our wishes will come true.

33 thoughts on “An Easter Wish For All

1. Happy Easter!

Posted by YellowCable | April 20, 2014, 7:20 AM
  2. Happy Easter! So glad you reminded everyone about chocolate as a No-Go for our furry friends.

Posted by pensitivity101 | April 20, 2014, 7:25 AM
  3. Happy Easter Rumpy and your family! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 20, 2014, 7:34 AM
  4. I hope your wishes will come true and if not this year, once they will be true, I’m sure. I hope chocolate and candy will land only in biped stomachs, they are definitely not made for our fourlegged friends :o) Have a great easter sunday!

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 20, 2014, 7:41 AM
  5. And with Type II Diabetes reaching epidemic proportions, we might want to rethink eating it ourselves.

Posted by bitcodavid | April 20, 2014, 7:44 AM
  6. Happy Easter Rumpy dog to you and your family.

Posted by dianaroggenbuckebrown | April 20, 2014, 7:54 AM
  7. Happy Easter to all of you!

Posted by Renée de Bruin | April 20, 2014, 8:05 AM
  8. It’s also a day when kids will find a cute, little puppy or kitten in their Easter basket, and many of those furry babies will end up at a shelter. Make sure your family is all prepared for a new addition – it is not something that should be taken lightly.

HAPPY EASTER Rumpy and All!

Posted by Animal Culture | April 20, 2014, 8:29 AM
  9. Mom is eating all the chocolate. She claims it’s for my own good. Ha! But I got a stuffed chicken toy and a stuffed bunny toy, so that’s good. I hope all your wishes for the world come true.

Love and happy Easter licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 20, 2014, 8:31 AM
  10. Happy Easter to you too 🙂

XOXO

Posted by Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal | April 20, 2014, 9:02 AM
  11. Happy Easter Hoppy Hugs from all of us!

Posted by Brian | April 20, 2014, 9:10 AM
  12. What a perfect Easter Gift. Happy Easter!!

✿♥ღLinda

Posted by dayphoto | April 20, 2014, 9:11 AM
  13. Happy Easter!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 20, 2014, 9:58 AM
  14. We hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Posted by Miley | April 20, 2014, 11:09 AM
  15. Good reminder, Rumpy. Happy Easter to you and the whole gang!

Posted by meowmeowmans | April 20, 2014, 11:20 AM
  16. Happy Easter to you all, love, nia

Posted by niasunset | April 20, 2014, 11:29 AM
  17. Happy Easter to all!!! 🙂

Posted by marina kanavaki | April 20, 2014, 1:00 PM
  18. Yow Rumpy Happy Hoppy Eastur to all of ya!!
    Me gott sum turkey wif Mum n she got da chocolate 😉
    Iz all guud n safe too.
    Much lub Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum xoxoxo

Posted by Nylabluesmum | April 20, 2014, 6:10 PM
  19. Happy Happy Easter to all of you! Barks and licks and love from Dakota and the fam

Posted by Dakota/Caren/Cody | April 20, 2014, 6:34 PM
  20. Happy Easter Rumpy, June Buggie and Jen. Spring blessings, 🙂

Posted by Jane Thorne | April 21, 2014, 6:14 AM
  21. Those are scary stats Rumpy! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter break 🙂

Posted by Animalcouriers | April 22, 2014, 3:10 AM
  22. I have heard too many ‘stories’ lately of dog owners who said their dog ate some chocolate and “oh, they were fine.” They need to take this much more serious … for the potential of the time when their pet is not ok. And to warn others, too. I’ve even seen so-called funny videos with people deliberately feeding chocolate to dogs and cats. It infuriates me!

Posted by bardessdmdenton | April 25, 2014, 11:12 AM