The Best News I Heard All Week!

Oh Dog! Happy Sunday everybody! Do I have some great news for you this week! Actually, I have TWO great news stories to share!

I love sharing good news!

I love sharing good news!

First up, we head to China, where The Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress has approved an interpretation of China’s Criminal Law making it now illegal to eat the meat of animals that China considers “rare wild animals”.

It seems that as more people in the country accumulate wealth, they have been paying big money to eat exotic game, which has in turn encouraged poaching of these animals, including Giant Pandas and Asian Black Bears.

So now if you’re caught eating them, you’re going to jail, for maybe 10 years or more! Oh, and if you knowingly buy an illegally killed wild animal, you’re going to jail for 3 years in China.

WAY TO GO CHINA!!!!!

Photo from ChinaDiscovery.com

Photo from ChinaDiscovery.com

Next we head to King’s College, London, where researchers, along with a team from San Francisco Veteran Affairs Medical Center, have grown a human epidermis in a laboratory.

This is HUGE, as it could end the use of animals for testing cosmetics and medications for use on the skin. Can you imagine? Soon we might be able to buy any beauty product on the market and know that it wasn’t tested on animals!

PHOTO from King's College of the epidermis they grew in a lab!

PHOTO from King’s College of the epidermis they grew in a lab!

Don’t you love it when there’s good news to share?

36 thoughts on “The Best News I Heard All Week!

1. Well done China now would the rest of Asia please follow! We read about the lab-grown skin – it sounds so very encouraging.

Posted by Animalcouriers | April 27, 2014, 2:51 AM
  2. Wonderful!

Posted by jmgoyder | April 27, 2014, 2:58 AM
  3. Avon products do not test on animals. Years ago, I stopped buying any cosmetic that did animal testing. But like you said, one day, we won’t have to worry and just buy what we want because….no products will be animal tested.

Posted by kanzensakura | April 27, 2014, 3:06 AM
  4. Absolutely great news!!!!!!! 🙂

Posted by marina kanavaki | April 27, 2014, 3:30 AM
  5. Grrreat news indeed !
    Happy Easy SUNday 🙂

Posted by Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal | April 27, 2014, 4:18 AM
  6. Luv heawin’ good news. Hav a Pawsum day!! 😀

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses ♥♥♥

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | April 27, 2014, 4:29 AM
  7. Wow! Those Giant Pandas are adorable! Both news are wonderfun and so impressive! Especially the 2nd one that we, animals won’t be used for testing of human ccosmetics!!!! Bravo, King’s College, London!!! *pawapplause* 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 27, 2014, 4:45 AM
  8. Rumpy I wish the invention of London will help all animals. Animal tests are so cruelty and I’m sad what animals have to bear only for a lipstick or a shower gel. Have a good sunday!

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 27, 2014, 5:32 AM
  9. Great news about China! Now we just need to stop them eating dogs.

Posted by annabellefranklinauthor | April 27, 2014, 5:59 AM
  10. Great news about what is hopefully the end of animal testing!! I always try to be responsible and purchase items labelled as vegan or not tested on animals but it’s very difficult to find those. With these new options it will become easier and companies will have no excuse for animal testing.

Thanks for making us smiley this Sunday

~ Amy

Posted by hutchagoodlife | April 27, 2014, 6:07 AM
  11. Yes. Love this kind of news. Thanks

Posted by John W. Howell | April 27, 2014, 7:58 AM
  12. Good news for sure!!! 🙂

Posted by colliesofthemeadow | April 27, 2014, 8:03 AM
  13. I love good news!

Posted by katecrimmins | April 27, 2014, 8:16 AM
  14. Now if the rest of the states/countries etc…would follow suit, it would be great!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 27, 2014, 11:41 AM
  15. Good news a local dog was rescued from a handicapped chair after getting his paw trapped. He was very good for the firefighters who took an hour to get is paw out.

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | April 27, 2014, 11:51 AM
  16. I hope someday they can grow human compassion in a lab. I know some people who could use a little.

Posted by Charles Huss | April 27, 2014, 1:47 PM
  17. A relief to read good news. More more more more, we need more.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | April 27, 2014, 2:01 PM
  18. These good news stories are awesome! Yay!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 27, 2014, 2:38 PM
  19. Good news…now if only they would ban the killing of dogs for leather.

Posted by Jo Bryant | April 27, 2014, 3:03 PM
  20. Hurrah fer da Bearz beein safe now n hurrah fer Hu’man skin beein grown…me agreez no more puttin mascara n blush on us 4 leggedz!!!!!!!!!! 😉
    Lub Nylablue n Mum too xoxoxoxo

Posted by Nylabluesmum | April 27, 2014, 6:28 PM
  21. That IS good news, RD!

Posted by MsKathy | April 28, 2014, 9:09 AM