Baby Seals Murdered at Canadian Taxpayers’ Expense!

Once again it’s the time of year that baby seals are murdered by the thousands by Newfoundland fisherman so rich people can buy seal skin clothing.

How can this kind of thing still happen? In a word- government subsidies.

This infographic from Humane Society International tells you more. seal_infographic_2012 Please keep shouting to Canada to stop the madness.

And if you see a rich person wearing seal fur, shame them publicly.

31 thoughts on “Baby Seals Murdered at Canadian Taxpayers’ Expense!

1. I remember horrific pictures in the media years ago, and still feel sick thinking about them.

Posted by pensitivity101 | April 28, 2014, 2:24 AM
  2. Dat’s so vewy sad. Meez don’t unnewstand why hoomans du these kinds of fings. Hope yous hav a meowsy good day!! 🙂

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses ♥♥♥

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | April 28, 2014, 2:28 AM
    • I don’t understand why people get so upset about dogs being killed for fur but not seals…. and BABY seals at that!

Posted by rumpydog | April 28, 2014, 5:16 AM
      • Meez mommy kinda unnewstands dat pawt cuz one is wild and da uddew is layin’ at der feet or waggin’ it’s tail when dey get home fwum wowk, but is still sad.

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses ♥♥♥

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | April 28, 2014, 10:52 AM
  3. What?! I never knew that. Senseless!

Posted by shacklefordlb | April 28, 2014, 3:29 AM
  4. It is horrific 😦

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | April 28, 2014, 3:37 AM
  5. I know… it’s disgusting – disgraceful and utterly inhumane. To this day I can’t find a way to cope with the ‘human’ atrocities. I just hope that by sharing, speaking out, acting and signing petitions our specie might eventually become a little bit more ‘human’… Thank you, Jen for doing all the above!

Posted by marina kanavaki | April 28, 2014, 4:10 AM
  6. I never knew how the seals were killed. And I must admit that in the early 70s I owned a seal coat. I would have never bought it if I had know about the cruelty. I stop taking Premerin when I found what they did to horses in order to make the drug.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | April 28, 2014, 6:37 AM
  7. That is so sad. It is just as bad as what the Japanese do to the dolphins, which is also senseless.

Posted by Charles Huss | April 28, 2014, 6:38 AM
  8. I have been following this one closely, donating where I can and sharing the message, petitions etc….this is right here in my country and the whole thing sickens me. I did a post on it a couple weeks ago when it started up this year. Ick!
    (also wanted to let you know I have this infographic in my email and will be posting about it next Monday….just letting you know I am not paw thieving your post)
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 28, 2014, 8:05 AM
  9. Amazing post, Rumpy and Jen! I had no idea this was still going on. I honestly thought we had put an end to it back in the ’80s.

Posted by bitcodavid | April 28, 2014, 8:26 AM
  10. Ugh. Canada has a long way to come on several animal issues. This one is just the most public.

Posted by ThatJenK | April 28, 2014, 9:50 AM
  11. Rumpy, I am livid and intears. Thanks for keeping us in the know.

Posted by cgp & the terrible trio of felines (Raleigh, Rikki and Triss) | April 28, 2014, 10:49 AM
  12. Can’t bring myself to click like, nor describe the nausea in my gut and raging anger between my ears!

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | April 28, 2014, 10:52 AM
  13. This is one of the worst atrocities that still occurs every year…it makes my heart weep

Posted by Jo Bryant | April 28, 2014, 2:58 PM
  14. This is really awful and senseless. It’s so wrong.

Posted by tonkstail | April 28, 2014, 5:21 PM