Time for a Sabbatical

Dear readers,

I have decided to take a short sabbatical from my blog in order to see if that’s something I want to continue.

I’m thinking perhaps it’s time to write about something else.

Talk with you soon,

Rumpy

57 thoughts on “Time for a Sabbatical

1. Find your happiness Jen and be true to you hugs and loves to you all Bev xx

Posted by fozziemum | May 12, 2014, 6:32 AM
  2. A break is healthy sometimes. I think I will post a little less but I would never want to lose the network it has taken so long to build. It’s not just the network but the quality and quantity of such delightful people. I do spend too much time in front of this screen, however, and my waistline shows it.

Posted by Carl D'Agostino | May 12, 2014, 6:32 AM
  3. You’ll be missed Jen but I think we ALL need a break once in a while…..re-think, re-organize, re-energize – WHATEVER….just enjoy the break!

Hugs, Pam (and Sam)

Posted by onespoiledcat | May 12, 2014, 6:39 AM
  4. I know how hard it can be to keep up the “blogging pace” and write on the same topic for an extended time. You will definitely be missed; if you start a different blog, please post it so we can visit you there. 🙂

Posted by raisingdaisy | May 12, 2014, 6:45 AM
  5. Best of luck – hope you return.

Posted by mikesteeden | May 12, 2014, 6:54 AM
  6. I hope to see you soon… Hugs to all! 🙂

Posted by marina kanavaki | May 12, 2014, 6:59 AM
  7. Jack and I both, will miss you. Keep in touch, and if you’re interested in a change, I’m always looking for guest posts at DeafInPrison.com. 🙂 (No plug intended… well, maybe just a little one.)

Posted by bitcodavid | May 12, 2014, 7:04 AM
  8. I know where you’re coming from. Writing a blog is a full time job and sometimes we just need to take a break and recharge. Good luck and I look forward to your posts when you’re back.

Posted by edithlevyphotography | May 12, 2014, 7:16 AM
  9. I will miss you. Enjoy your break and I hope you will come back.

Posted by easyweimaraner | May 12, 2014, 7:18 AM
  10. Good luck and enjoy your rest.

Posted by pensitivity101 | May 12, 2014, 7:27 AM
  11. Good luck in deciding what you want to do and going for it.

Posted by Animalcouriers | May 12, 2014, 7:51 AM
  12. Rumpy, you dog you. Please come back.

Posted by John W. Howell | May 12, 2014, 8:00 AM
  13. Oh wow..
    Breaks are healthy, that is for sure! Although I have to say it would be the same not seeing Rumpydog.com in my email every morning. Do what you must and follow your heart! Hope to hear an update on your decision soon!
    Have a great day.
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | May 12, 2014, 8:16 AM
  14. Sometimes a break is all we need… I Hope you come back refreshed and full of ideas.. Much love.. Sue xoxox

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | May 12, 2014, 8:27 AM
  15. You wll be missed – praying for your right decision

Posted by Stumbling into GRACE | May 12, 2014, 9:04 AM
  16. My cats will miss Rumpy’s interesting but obviously flawed (according to them not me) point of view. Do what you need to rejuvenate and we hope you will come back to us even if it’s not daily.

Posted by katecrimmins | May 12, 2014, 9:16 AM
  17. Sometimes a good break is needed, I hope to see you around again though!

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | May 12, 2014, 9:49 AM
  18. A break never hurt anyone but I would love to see you come back.

Posted by winterblueangel | May 12, 2014, 9:57 AM
  19. You’ll be missed, but I do understand the need for a break and the feeling of needing some sort of change!
    Peace,
    Debra

Posted by ptero9 | May 12, 2014, 9:57 AM
  20. Every once in a while that’s a good thing to do. Enjoy your time off!

Posted by Bernadette | May 12, 2014, 10:08 AM
  21. You will be missed. Please enjoy your time you so deserve it.

Posted by Juneau & Sunny | May 12, 2014, 10:13 AM
  22. Please do take care of yourself. Nurture and focus on you and your fur family. You have been an enormously positive influence on my life. May your future bewonderful, whole and centered.

Posted by cgp & the terrible trio of felines (Raleigh, Rikki and Triss) | May 12, 2014, 10:14 AM
  23. Hope you have a restful and productive break! See you soon! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | May 12, 2014, 10:22 AM
  24. Enjoy the rest ,We’re with not matter what you decide,xx Speedy and Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | May 12, 2014, 11:20 AM
  25. I think a good idea for all blogger’s to take a break,, to get renewed and refreshed..Take care!

Posted by Mother Hen | May 12, 2014, 11:55 AM
  26. Rest on your laurels – you really deserve some break! 🙂 Have a great time with your pack, relax, read, go on trips and beautiful walkies! (OK, secretly I hope that sometimes you post a pic about Rumpy & Co. and you come back soon to us!)

Posted by kolytyi | May 12, 2014, 12:06 PM
  27. Everyone needs breaks now and then! It’s good to re-examine things in your life. I have to say that I will miss your posts, but good luck during the break. 🙂

Posted by paws2smile | May 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
  28. I will miss you! I so hope you decide to come back. Your blog has been so informative to me and helpful! Please don’t stay away too long!

Posted by Russell Smith | May 12, 2014, 12:17 PM
  29. Sowwy tu heaw yous mite be leavin’ dis topic, but wees unnewstand. Wees will miss yous, hav a good west and take cawe.

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses ♥♥♥

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | May 12, 2014, 12:18 PM
  30. It is hard to be so serious all of the time. You have the weight of the world on your shoulders. It is understandable. Hope to see and hear from you soon.

Posted by corkscot | May 12, 2014, 12:49 PM
  31. We’re already missing you, my friend! Mr. Bowie says “Meow!”

Posted by Herman | May 12, 2014, 12:54 PM
  32. Always go with your heart. Be sure to let us know if you start a new blog! Best wishes always.

Posted by Susan writes! | May 12, 2014, 1:05 PM
  33. Please don’t stay away for long, Jen! The blogging community needs someone with your passion!

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | May 12, 2014, 3:20 PM
  34. Take all the time you need.

Posted by peacelovenwhiskers | May 12, 2014, 3:35 PM
  35. Sometimes a break is a good thing, gives you time to put all in perspective. We may not always comment but we usually do manage to stop by and read what is on the agenda. We hope you will find a way to continue the blog too.

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by The OP Pack | May 12, 2014, 6:50 PM
  36. BJ and I will absolutely miss you and I understand that you need a break. You post every day and it takes time and energy. I’ve enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot. Thank you. I hope you come back. Good luck.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | May 12, 2014, 8:23 PM
  37. Have a well deserved break. The blogging world needs people with your passion.

Posted by Julie's garden blog | May 12, 2014, 8:47 PM
  38. Sometimes it is needed to keep away from daily things.

Posted by puzzleblume | May 13, 2014, 12:18 AM
  39. Wise to take a break, in the space you can explore Jen. Hugs for you and your crew. x

Posted by Jane Thorne | May 13, 2014, 3:06 AM
  40. Jen, I understand the need to take a break (I am currently doing the same thing with whatdoyareckon) but I hope that you choose to return eventually. You provide such an important service…although I am sure sometimes it is both heart-wrenching and exhausting. I value Rumpydog greatly. Best of luck with whatever path you choose. mrsbushranger

Posted by Mrs Bushranger | May 13, 2014, 6:49 AM
  41. Understand. Enjoy your respite and if for any reason you don’t make it back here if you ever make it out to So. Calif please feel free to look us up and stop by our place to chew on some food with us. Love, Paulette & gang

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | May 13, 2014, 8:53 AM
  42. It’s always good to take a break, but hope you come back!

Posted by Misaki | May 13, 2014, 11:15 AM
  43. We’ll miss you, but respect your decisions and hope that you find what makes you happy. ❤

Posted by paigeandspaniels | May 13, 2014, 11:34 AM
  44. You will be sorely missed *hugs*!!

Posted by catgurl40 | May 13, 2014, 2:57 PM
  45. Having just had a break, I know how much needed it was, but I did miss the interaction with others who love our pets and laughing and weeping in equal measure. I hope you get refreshed and inspired, Jen xx

Posted by Carolyn (and Austin!) | May 13, 2014, 4:12 PM
  46. Rumpy, Jen, and Kitties….please come back very soon…..I already miss you…..but I think that your family need some rests for a while….because blogging must be very hard work….*hugs hugs hugs*

Posted by eripanwkeviin | May 14, 2014, 10:21 AM
  47. I think lately we’ve been taking breaks more often than blogging 🙂

If you don’t like what you’re doing then it’s time to find something you do like; of course, we all hope you’ll be back but do what you need to. Lots of positive energy headed your way!

Posted by savedbydogs | May 14, 2014, 2:11 PM
  48. We’ll miss you, but we certainly understand the need for rest and reflection. Selfishly, we hope you decide to keep blogging. Hugs to you, dear friends.

Posted by meowmeowmans | May 14, 2014, 9:18 PM
  49. Whatever you decided to do, we support you and we believe in you. xoxo

Posted by Maria Appleby | May 15, 2014, 2:48 AM
  50. I hope the break refreshes you and your direction becomes clear.

Posted by Clowie | May 16, 2014, 9:46 AM
  51. You will be missed. Come back soon! ❤

Posted by Christina Berry | May 17, 2014, 12:18 AM
  52. I do hope if you write about something else, you’ll be sure to share that with us here.

Posted by Anne Schilde | May 17, 2014, 2:46 AM
  53. Life does cause us to reflect now and again where we are going and what our purpose is. Blogging is a joyful experience, but it is also quite difficult and time consuming. I respect your decision to take a break and wish you well…

Posted by Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey | May 17, 2014, 8:25 AM
  54. We is missin ya Rumpy n Jenn butt we nose ya needz a break once in a while…
    Lub ya, Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum too xoxoxo