Please Indulge a Bit of Self-Pity

It’s been a rough week.

On Tuesday, I was in a house with a 6-month-old baby and an active meth lab.

Today my car is full of roaches that crawled out of the belongings of kids that had been living with a sex offender.

Oh, and I didn’t win the Petties either.

Not that I should have expected to. After all, I don’t say the politically correct rescue phrases that endear me to the masses. And I’m definitely not a member of the “Cool Blogger” club.

My boss acts like he thinks I’m an incompetent boob. And a co-worker screwed me over this week because….. well because it was in her best interest to do so.

So please forgive me my pity party.

Tonight, Rumpy and I are going to soothe ourselves with cookies.

And tomorrow, I will get up, fumigate my car, decontaminate my shoes, and be a more gracious also-ran.

Congrats Kitten Associates. You are a most worthy winner.

39 thoughts on “Please Indulge a Bit of Self-Pity

1. Oh Jen! And Rumpkin and all the Kitty Gang…

Nothing much to say except that sometimes the Universe just conspires to kick our butts. NO ONE deserves that…well, no one good, kind, compassionate and loving like yourself.

We all send you love and gentle purring…especially OurPeople, Diana and Tim

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | September 26, 2014, 6:29 PM
  2. To us you are the hands/paws down winner. And bless you for all you’re doing to help others even if it ruins your car and week. I/we know how those weeks go. Hope the fact that we love you and are in the Rumpy’s the BEST fanclub helps you out a little. Love, Paulette, Max, Bella, & Lady Luck ❤

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | September 26, 2014, 6:30 PM
  3. Everyone is allowed a little pity party at the end of a bad week. Cookies! Yay!

Posted by katecrimmins | September 26, 2014, 6:31 PM
  4. So sorry, Thr Terrible Trio and I adore you all. Jen you inspire me and force me to take a hard look at myself, You are fantastic. You do a job that must be done yet most of cannot imagine. You are a hero.

Posted by seattlegirlsk | September 26, 2014, 6:32 PM
  5. Jen…add some ice cream to the cookies and indulge in some very underrated self pity…does us all good to wallow at times..being human and all is a tough call…big hugs Fozziemum xx

Posted by fozziemum | September 26, 2014, 6:38 PM
  6. So sorry that your week went the way it did, but you’re doing a great job helping people and pets! {{hugs}} Enjpy those cookies, they’re very well deserved.

Posted by tilda2 | September 26, 2014, 6:39 PM
  7. Actually I was so hoping you would win even though we were in the same category. Save us some cookies 🙂

Posted by Brian | September 26, 2014, 6:44 PM
  8. Everything will be better soon!

Posted by Dennis Rogers | September 26, 2014, 6:46 PM
  9. Cookies should take care of everything.

Posted by Bongo | September 26, 2014, 6:47 PM
  10. Poor Rumpy dog’s Mom – You had a bad day. What goes around comes around though, and you will get good days to balance things out. Your boss may not have appreciated you, but I bet those children did. Blessings on those who change the world.

Posted by librarylady | September 26, 2014, 6:48 PM
  11. You are a winner and this blog is excellent, the best. Political correctness is highly over rated.
    Good luck with the car. Poor poor car.
    Your boss and co worker are just jealous that they don’t have furry cuddles at home that love them.
    Enjoy the cookies! Get some much needed wet nosed kisses and enjoy the night!

Posted by psychowatcher | September 26, 2014, 7:03 PM
  12. Jen, The thing that comes to mind is this. While you had a crummy week, for the children you helped it was, hopefully the beginning of a much better life. Enjoy your cookies, and some Rumpy love, and know that you did good!

Posted by Kim | September 26, 2014, 7:44 PM
  13. Wow, you have had your share, that’s for sure, but you won with me!

Posted by Enchanted Seashells, Confessions of a Tugboat Captain's Wife | September 26, 2014, 7:46 PM
  14. Make sure you drink your milk with your cookies lol (colored milk right??? wink wink) Chill and relax The day is done! Tomorrow is another and different day…

Posted by Sherrie | September 26, 2014, 7:58 PM
  15. What a rotten week for sure. You can indulge in self-pity. Sometimes it’s just plain warranted.

Posted by mariodacat | September 26, 2014, 8:19 PM
  16. wow! I am so sorry Jen. I know your not looking for “sorry’s” but I truly am. I could not imagine dealing with that….those poor kids. And I am sorry to hear you did not win the petties. I have not even heard of that blog that did win, but congrats to them.
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | September 26, 2014, 8:39 PM
  17. Are you freaking kidding me, no Petties?? Aw man, that really bites. I was so sure you’d win. We all have days like that (well maybe not the roach part) but I am constantly in awe of how well you handle a difficult job with bizarre situations and truly strange people and still manage to not lose it on an hourly basis. Enjoy those cookies tonight; me I’d probably go for something stronger myself. Hang in there. ❤ Big hugs to you and the fur balls.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | September 26, 2014, 8:53 PM
  18. Jen, you and Rumpy have all the cookies you (not Rumpy) want! We send you lots of love and {{{bear hugs}}} and hope things go better soon! Mama, Kuruk, Nalle, and Zoe

Posted by Julianne Victoria | September 26, 2014, 9:23 PM
  19. I voted for you every single day. Because you mean what you say and you don’t suck up to anyone. Who ARE the cool bloggers? Do I know who they are — and do I care? I’m pretty sure I’m not one of them. If I am, no one told me. But you are one of very few blogs I read pretty much every time you publish. When I have trimmed my reading list — and I have to do it regularly to have a real life — you always stay on my reading list. And you are the ONLY pet rescue blog I read regularly. Just so you know.

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | September 26, 2014, 10:28 PM
  20. I checked the Pettie winners last night and saw the results. 😦 You have earned a glorious day-long pity party – maybe a whole weekend-long pity party after a week like that. We have no doubt that you’ll bounce back to normal soon. That’s how you roll.

Love and licks and hugs,
    Cupcake and Mom

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | September 27, 2014, 8:17 AM
  21. Send you a big hug and my paw when you feel sad. hope the next week will be a better one….

Posted by easyweimaraner | September 27, 2014, 8:23 AM
  22. I’m sorry you’re having a rough week…

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | September 27, 2014, 8:40 AM
  23. Cookies and Rumpy…how does it get better than that? I’ll stay tuned to find out! xoxoM

Posted by Margarita | September 27, 2014, 9:35 AM
  24. As Jerry Garcia used to say: “Mean people suck.” Hope you and yours are feeling much better now. Don’t let the turkeys get you down, Jen. Your blog is always a winner in my book. 😉

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | September 27, 2014, 9:38 AM
  25. I’m very sorry that you didn’t win the Petties……and have rough week…..but at least, you’re the best blogger to me……

Posted by eripanwkevin | September 27, 2014, 10:50 AM
  26. That sounds like a very rough week. It’s difficult to remain positive when confronted with so much negative. At least you have Rumpy and the kitties to help you through. I don’t know how I would have made it through some rough times in my life without my furkids.

Posted by Nature by Dawn | September 27, 2014, 11:06 AM
  27. Political correctness will destroy society!! Austin has spoken! Cookies can help!!

Posted by Austin Towers | September 27, 2014, 3:19 PM
  28. I’m sorry you had such a crappy week and very glad it’s over. Curling up with cookies and wine and Rumpy is the best thing you could do for yourself. On the bright side, you’re being promoted and moving.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | September 27, 2014, 3:54 PM
  29. So sorry you had a bad week. (((hugs))) I always look forward to reading your posts. I don’t even try to enter Waggin’ Tails in any contests because I like to tell the truth and the biggies don’t like that. Hope next week is better for you!

Posted by Angie Nicholson | September 27, 2014, 4:39 PM
  30. You really did have a crappy week. We hope life will be better from now on.

Posted by corkscot | September 27, 2014, 7:12 PM
  31. can only say that I hope next week will be better(and bug free) unbelievable!

Posted by DailyMusings | September 27, 2014, 8:15 PM
  32. I’m sorry on all counts, that’s horrible. May all the bad people have karma bite them in the ass and get what they’re asking for. 🙂 (Wiggles eyebrows) As for you my dear, I’m sorry, may I suggest laxative in said co-workers coffee? You know how I feel about yucky co-workers. 🙂 lol I could do it for ya!

Posted by Mystery | September 28, 2014, 2:43 AM
  33. To Rumpy’s Momma: IMHO the judges from the Petties are @%#$@ As for those 3 kids, no matter about your boss or your stupid co-worker that makes you a hero. You don’t need no silly award for that, some day those kids are going to look back & think about anyone who was kind to them & they will remember you, all of those you help on a daily basis, that is who matters.

Rumpy go give mommas some snuggles & let her know how important she really is ❤

Posted by End SnoCo Corruption (@AnimalLawAbuse) | September 28, 2014, 6:02 AM
  34. And I thought I’d had a bad week! Poor you – hope next week’s better.

Posted by annabellefranklinauthor | September 28, 2014, 12:48 PM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram