#ThrowbackThursday: Lost Treasures

Recently we received a new-to-us camera. I had an old memory card I stuck inside, and found, to my surprise, some forgotten treasures. Thought I’d share them with you today. Enjoy!

This is Rumpy not long after I found him. He'd been with me long enough for me to figure out he was staying. Then he convinced me he to let him live inside.

This is Rumpy not long after I found him. He’d been with me long enough for me to figure out he was staying. Then he convinced me he to let him live inside.

And this is baby Graybie Baby!

This is baby Graybie Baby! He was abandoned soon after birth, and I bottle-fed him. I didn’t think he’d live, but he did!

013

This is baby Hissy Fit Jones! He was accompanied on the back porch by June Buggie.

This is Rumpy with Lucky.  He stepped in a trap as a pup and lost both his front feet. Vets at the University of Tennessee Vet Hospital saved him by creating two paws for his legs, then a rescuer rehabbed him. He was a wonderful dog. Always happy, to have been though what he had.

This is Rumpy with Lucky. Lucky stepped in a trap as a pup and lost both his front feet. Vets at the University of Tennessee Vet Hospital saved him by creating two paws for his legs, then a rescuer rehabbed him. He was a wonderful dog. Always happy, considering what he’d been though.

30 thoughts on “#ThrowbackThursday: Lost Treasures

1. Great pictures!!! So happy to see young Rumpy, baby Graybie Baby, Hissy Fit Jones and beautiful Lucky!!! Thank you very much for sharing them!!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | December 4, 2014, 3:29 AM
  2. AWWWW moment – how cute are they. Love the pictures.

Posted by Isaiah's Mom | December 4, 2014, 3:39 AM
  3. Isn’t it great when you find old pics! Beautiful! What a wonderful story!
    xo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | December 4, 2014, 4:09 AM
  4. how wonderful to find these!

Posted by DailyMusings | December 4, 2014, 5:03 AM
  5. Naawww, look at little Rumpster – you look so young!

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | December 4, 2014, 5:13 AM
  6. Sweet pictures! We always thought Rumpy is a lucky dog, but Lucky was REALLY a lucky dog!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | December 4, 2014, 5:21 AM
  7. Reblogged this on cgw629.

Posted by cgw629 | December 4, 2014, 5:26 AM
  8. Lovely sweet pictures, thank you for the share. What an harrowing story of Lucky’s life. Animals are always so much more appreciative of life and it’s Blessings than we are. He is fortunate to have found you, Rumpydog and the gang. This story brought tears to my eyes.

Posted by cgw629 | December 4, 2014, 5:31 AM
  9. The ears of Graybie are priceless! I would like to give Rumpy and Lucky a hug as I saw the last pictures (and the vets at the University of Tennessee deserved one too).

Posted by easyweimaraner | December 4, 2014, 7:22 AM
  10. Aww!!! Such wonderful throwback photos!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | December 4, 2014, 8:03 AM
  11. What wonderful memories ^_^

Posted by hutchagoodlife | December 4, 2014, 8:24 AM
  12. That first one of Rumpy is adorable. And I loved seeing a baby Hissy Fit Jones. Why did I think he was born a full grown cat? It must have been his attitude.

Posted by somethingwagging | December 4, 2014, 8:30 AM
  13. Aww, so sweet. Lovely to read about how Lucky was saved. Never ceases to amaze me how animals adapt so well with a loving home. Our Max is like that, born missing a paw (in-bred at a puppy mill) thrown away to a kill shelter when we found him. The sweetest little guy (very small for a rottie: 50 lbs) we’ve ever adopted. 🙂

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | December 4, 2014, 11:14 AM
  14. Rumpy, you looked very cute as a young pup and must have been savvy even then to have convinced Jen to keep you. it’s great to look at old photos.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | December 4, 2014, 11:59 AM
  15. Love it – we always think we remember until we see something that reminds us that we don’t….

Posted by mrsskeats | December 4, 2014, 2:29 PM
  16. Those are some great treasures!

Posted by The Island Cats | December 4, 2014, 6:28 PM
  17. they are all wonderful!!!

Posted by murphysmission | December 5, 2014, 12:14 AM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram