Product Reviews

It’s the Pre-Holiday Email Bombardment- Coming to an Account Near You!

You should see my inbox lately!

Email? Meh!

Email? Meh!

I have all sorts of emails from people I never heard of before telling me about their product, how it’s so great, and will you please add it to your holiday gift recommendations this year?

That’s how I know they don’t read my blog, because if they did, they’d know my gift reviews are for tacky gifts. LOL

There are other emails, such as the one from Jenny Gilcrest of Scout PR, representing VetIQ. They let me know that 85% of you think your companion animal was nice this year, and 96% of you would rather stay home alone with your pet than travel to your in-laws for the holidays. Duh! That’s a no-brainer!

Rescues and refuges are begging for money. I hope I don’t have to remind you that, while it’s the most wonderful time of the year, it’s also the best time of the year to rip off others. Do your homework before you donate to anybody. I don’t care HOW bad their story sounds. Some folks make a living off of playing you for a fool. Just saying.

Any of those emails involve cookies?

Any of those emails involve cookies?

Hooplaha sent a link to a “cute video of a therapy dog.” When I went to their web site to watch the video, I got blasted with advertising. And the video was meh! so, not really worth my time.

I was also informed that a shock collar company I skewered recently is donating toys to shelter dogs this year. Gee, I hope they aren’t shock toys! ACK!

Fortunately, I did find a few treasures in the midst of all that. I’ll share some with you next week.

In the meantime, Here’s to a clean email box…… for now!

15 thoughts on “It’s the Pre-Holiday Email Bombardment- Coming to an Account Near You!

1. same here… but the good thing is that I won 3 times in a lottery and that a supernice person from nigeria will share 15million bucks with me, not bad… but I will wait a while… bet there is more in store for me :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | December 6, 2014, 8:01 AM
  2. Guaranteed body part enhancement – including those body parts, I don’t even have. Numerous account security alerts from banks I’ve never done business with. Miracle cures for diseases from which I don’t suffer. Oh, and countless lonely women who are dying to meet me.

Posted by bitcodavid | December 6, 2014, 8:24 AM
  3. I am surviving them too.. I think the extinct of good products is near. Marketets are tryinging their butt hard to get in the wallet.

Woof! Woof!
    Swetank.
    Be Bettr, Stay Bettr!

Posted by Swetank | December 6, 2014, 8:26 AM
  4. Inboxes can be like litter boxes. Sometimes there’s a treasure but a lot of time it’s just c$#p!

Posted by katecrimmins | December 6, 2014, 8:54 AM
  5. I spend the first hour of awake time clearing out the advertisements and am amazed at how little remains!

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | December 6, 2014, 12:54 PM
  6. I’m not the only cynic out there.

Posted by corkscot | December 6, 2014, 1:56 PM
  7. Rumpy has his priorities in order. Treats! Must have treats!

Posted by dogear6 | December 6, 2014, 2:21 PM
  8. I must be missing out. Nobody sends me any emails. Oh wait, I don’t have an email account. I’d better get on my person to get me one.

Posted by Bongo | December 6, 2014, 8:30 PM
  9. sharing! love this!

Posted by murphysmission | December 7, 2014, 2:25 AM
  10. I sure can relate to this…it is CRAZY this time of year!! Heaven help us!

Posted by bichonpawz | December 7, 2014, 4:05 AM
  11. Not only is my email inbox is inundated with junk try to sell me or have me donate to something. My FB page is also inundated. Even directing emails into my junk box doesn’t help. I have an email address I use for sites that require an email address. After a while I just delete that address.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | December 7, 2014, 10:34 AM
  12. Oh yeah, we can relate. Our email box is absolutely bursting at the seams!

Posted by meowmeowmans | December 7, 2014, 9:56 PM
  13. Cheers to that! This time of year is crazy for that kind of thing. And hey, if they really want their gift ideas to end up on the tacky list….. so be it! BOL!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | December 8, 2014, 8:26 AM