cats

Adios, June Buggie!

June Buggie ran away from home.

MEOW! I found someone new, and she's better than you!

MEOW! I found someone new, and she’s better than you!

I found the note this morning. It took me awhile to decipher, because his penmanship sucks, but was eventually able to make out that after 17 years of putting up with my crap, he was over it and ready to move on. He tied a couple of cans of Fancy Feast inside of a kitchen towel, along with a catnip mouse, broke out a window on the front porch by knocking over my weed eater, then hit the road.

Rumpy is incredibly sad, but relieved that no longer will he be subjected to random smacks to the nose for no other reason than June Buggie KNEW he could get away with it.

A clipart representation of how I felt this morning when I realized I'd have to pay to get the window fixed (clipart from pixgood.com).

A clip art representation of how I felt this morning when I realized I’d have to pay to get the window fixed (clip art from pixgood.com).

As for me, I’m feeling guilty, but I am also extremely angry. I put up with that cat clawing up my arms, jumping on me in strategically sensitive areas while I slept, and meowing in my face whenever he wanted something for 17 years, and THIS is the thanks I get? Does he not CARE how much money I’ve spent on vet bills, cat food, kitty litter? How I’ve scooped litter boxes every day so he would have a clean place to poop? How I had to watch the door every time Rumpy and I went out because June Buggie was going to try to run out with us? How I chased him whenever he DID get out, because once he was out there, he was scared to death? How I’ve met his insatiable desire for cream by giving him a little every morning, even though I know it really isn’t good for him to ingest that stuff?

So if the little ingrate wants to try to find some greener grass somewhere else, let him have at it. At least Rumpy still loves me.

The last thing June Buggie wrote is that he’s met someone new on Facebook and he’ll be moving in with her. Her name is Lirpa Loof.

63 thoughts on “Adios, June Buggie!

1. Lirpa Loof? thats a special paw cream, right? It was smartto take the food and the kitchen towel with you June Buggie… I probably would furget the food… or the kitchen towel LOL GOOOOOOOD ONE!

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 1, 2015, 7:12 AM
  2. I’m sorry….Jen…I’m so confused and am upset…..I don’t understand…..June Buggie….has left from you?….really…..?I can’t look at his cute faces anymore….? He run away from your house???? *tesrs*

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 1, 2015, 7:33 AM
  3. Oh Rumpy…just wait until June Buggie tires of Lurpa and comes back home…and tries to slip back in the newly fixed broken window. Oh yeah…June Buggie will have some explaining to do! 😉

Posted by fivesibesmom | April 1, 2015, 7:38 AM
  4. Happy April Fools Day!! …… Right?! =/

Posted by Daisy C Chan | April 1, 2015, 7:39 AM
  5. Happy April …Fool’s everyone!!! 😉

Posted by marina kanavaki | April 1, 2015, 7:48 AM
  6. You had me going there for a while until I realized what day it is. Good job!

Posted by harrispen | April 1, 2015, 7:50 AM
  7. I’m sorry but you have to admit that you don’t have such beautiful ginger fur: http://aprilfool.s3.amazonaws.com/1984lirpaloof.jpg

Posted by kolytyi | April 1, 2015, 7:59 AM
  8. Haha glad it’s just an April Fool’s joke! I knew you wouldn’t be so nonchalant about losing little June Buggie!! 😀

Posted by raisingdaisy | April 1, 2015, 8:02 AM
  9. Reblogged this on Cats & All That ™ and commented:
    Hope that June Buggie returns soon.

Posted by Azeena | April 1, 2015, 8:16 AM
  10. Lirpa Loof?!!! He’ll be back for the rest of the kitchen stuff. Mark our barks.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | April 1, 2015, 8:17 AM
  11. I think June Buggie will be seeking revenge when he reads this Lirpa Loof!

Posted by Clowie | April 1, 2015, 8:23 AM
  12. GAH! Ya got me! Whew!

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 1, 2015, 9:07 AM
  13. Hope June Buggie has a sense of humor…he may sneak over and double lock the door while you’re outside as revenge (and sit in the window looking smug while shredding something important.) Molly ran to the window to look for the lost cat…I keep telling her it’s April Fools, but she’s not budging.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | April 1, 2015, 9:08 AM
  14. hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!! Happy April Fools!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 1, 2015, 9:33 AM
  15. After 17 years of all you two do for June Buggie…no way he would run away…he is too smart for that. LOL Happy April Fools Day to you all and big hugs and nose kisses,

Posted by Mumsy's Little Chancy Man | April 1, 2015, 9:39 AM
  16. Really glad this isn’t for real. Hope you’re all having a great day 🙂

Posted by shacklefordlb | April 1, 2015, 11:56 AM
  17. Whew! I’m SO relieved that this is an April Fool’s thing! I was getting more and more panicked with every word I read until the end. I hope Rumpy isn’t too disappointed!

Posted by durhampa | April 1, 2015, 12:31 PM
  18. You got me! I was feeling very sad .. Phew!

Posted by Julie@frogpondfarm | April 1, 2015, 1:52 PM
  19. OMC! We were already making a #pawcircle for our furry friend by the time OurGirl finished reading the post! What a relief! Next to the day Daylight Time starts, today is her most un-favorite day. It’s her excuse for staying in bed til tomorrow. But now she can get up and give us extra-tasty noms to celebrate instead. Hugs & love to all, esp. Bad Boy Buggie!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | April 1, 2015, 2:24 PM
  20. Typical male!

Posted by willowdot21 | April 1, 2015, 2:37 PM
  21. Ha Ha – in your dreams – no way is June Buggie going to leave the wonderful home he has!!! April Fool’s to you too:)

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Posted by The OP Pack | April 1, 2015, 2:46 PM
  22. I had a moment of ‘oh my DOG noooooo’ then started to giggle! Lirpa Loof – ah ha ha ha. 🙂

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | April 1, 2015, 2:53 PM
  23. Not Jen. I got very upset and sad as I read your post. You did use the [pst to vent about every thing you did for June Buggy. I’m glad it was a joke.

Posted by BJ Pup | April 1, 2015, 3:08 PM
  24. Phew….!!!!! ❤ 🙂

Posted by Milly Fluffybum Tamblyn | April 1, 2015, 4:01 PM
  25. I hope June Buggie packed his underwear and lots of those nice treats in his case… 🙂 and so pleased its late and April Fool is now past its bewitching hour.. 🙂 Happy Easter Jen and all the four legged furballs 🙂

Posted by Sue Dreamwalker | April 1, 2015, 4:05 PM
  26. MOL! Happy April Fools. (good one!)

Posted by The Island Cats | April 1, 2015, 6:37 PM
  27. We knew better than believing this story.

Posted by corkscot | April 1, 2015, 7:17 PM
  28. Super!!!! 🙂

Posted by kanzensakura | April 1, 2015, 7:54 PM
  29. Hahahaha! Good one, Jen! Happy April Fool’s Day!

Posted by meowmeowmans | April 1, 2015, 9:04 PM
  30. You got me! But, I was so happy June Bughie was still there!

Posted by Janice Holladay | April 2, 2015, 12:36 AM
  31. hehehe that had everybody going,xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | April 2, 2015, 12:04 PM
  32. Whew…I was afraid there for a second. Guess I’ve worked for lawyers way too long–I take everything too literally. 😉

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | April 2, 2015, 3:05 PM
  33. THAT is not funny! I sat here crying my eyes out………….only to finally learn from the comments that you were JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is very cruel.

Posted by Lee Steele | April 3, 2015, 5:00 AM
  34. Whew! Mom, Wimphead an’ Ai iz glad iz jus’ Lirpa Loof! Ai wuz ‘bowt ta frow up a hareball! ~Bob

Posted by Mr. Bob Buttons | April 3, 2015, 7:14 AM

I say I'm helping Jen work, but she says I'm a hindrance. I say shes full of it. #eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram